Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Hooray for Carlisle

Fair do''s to any Carlisle fans at Carrow Road tomorrow. it''s a long old way to support your club, never mind for an almost meaningless game. There can''t be much glory in it, other than simply the honest support for your club.

I''ll miss that when we leave this league. Fans who turn up week after week. Kids who support their local; club rather than some plastic Premiership outfit.

Yep we''ve had a season down here. Bit of a short sharp shock but we''ll step out of the proverbial prison gate with our belongings -a bit older and a bit wiser. Some of these fans are ''lifers'' with little chance of remission. Stuck in grounds that have seen better days with clubs that probably won''t see too many better days either.

So maybe, spare a thought tomorrow for that ''other half. Use the day to celebrate not only our well earned and deserved success but our shared interest as football fans. These aren''t Leeds, Wolves or Millwall scum so perhaps lets hope a few of our more boisterous types might be a bit more moderate in their banter.

And who knows maybe even a chorus or two of "We''ll meet again" might just set the scene for our farewell to Div 1.

City1st, in a reflective mood

agreed. The fans making the trip deserve their travel free as it is a meaning-less game. I doubt they will bring many though 500 maybe, unless they want a weekend with the family in the fine city of norwich?!

what ever happens they are a credit to their football club - carlisle.

Yes, it''s one hell of a trip for the Carlisle fans tomorrow and well done to all that make the journey.I noticed that Peterborough took 339 fans all the way down to Plymouth last Sunday to see a match where both teams were already relegated. That''s dedication.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Good post mate.[/quote]Second that completely! [Y] [Y] [Y]It''s quite often hard for younger children to support their local team, when all their mates have all the glory with Utd etc, good on all of em'' I say. [:)]

This post has made it on a Carlise forum. Patronising was the opinion, Can see what they mean!

Why is it patronising?

The Carlisle fans have been commended for coming down to Norwich for a nothing game that will be a party for us.

Does the post not also talk about the fans in a positive way, ie locals supporting local clubs!

[quote user="Askounin"]My God, how patronizing. I think the Carlisle fans would actually prefer it if we said fu*k em, tip pot, non league shite.[/quote]Please, shut your face.