Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

Anthony Stokes

I know everyone is getting fed up of names being put around all over the place etc... But it came across to me that my Scottish uni-mate has stated that Stokes repeatedly keeps stating that he still wants to play most of his career in England. With this in mind, Hibs paid around 500k-600k for him... Would a bid of around 750k tempt him and hibs?? Again i haven''t a clue about our finances but would you take a player like him for that? Benn scoring quite a few this season.

Decent goalscoring record in Scotland but hasn''t been able to do the same south of the boarder.

If he was on the cheap then maybe he''d be a handy player to sign but that''s it, in my opinion.

he scored a blinder against rangers in scottish terms that''d probably make you indispensable to the team and not for sale it is a good shout unkike some you have to realise we only just got promoted and haven''t got the money like we used to adel tarrabt will not come here ched evans will not come here anyless we get promoted and lambert whas to sign him but i don''t think he will i''d rather go for new players instead of ex players anyway whether they have done well or not in their previous term here

[quote user="NCFC Sinky"]he scored a blinder against rangers in scottish terms that''d probably make you indispensable to the team and not for sale it is a good shout unkike some you have to realise we only just got promoted and haven''t got the money like we used to adel tarrabt will not come here ched evans will not come here anyless we get promoted and lambert whas to sign him but i don''t think he will i''d rather go for new players instead of ex players anyway whether they have done well or not in their previous term here[/quote]

So you know what budget lambert will or has been given then? ...We do look like we will have a bigger pot than last time,if the tv etc revenue is voted.as stated in the eastern news last week...on top of that,we dont know how much will be given by the board,or any other source,ie sponsors etc  ,and any sales/players released factored in....Last year i was impressed with that budget for that league....I will save this post and bring it up NCFC sinky for your comments,come augest 31st

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]

Last year i was impressed with that budget for that league....I will save this post and bring it up NCFC sinky for your comments,come augest 31st

[/quote]

Well you''re going to be waiting a long time then.

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]Last year i was impressed with that budget for that league[/quote]It wasn''t a League 1 budget and beyond 1 year in that division we couldn''t have used that budget. This years budget won''t be substantially higher, a few fringe players will leave and a few players will come in, Rightfully drastic changes won''t be made and major money won''t be spent

talented on the ball but very very sloooooooooooow...which is the one quality we need from our next striker as none of the main current boys are blessed (bar Daley)...

...so no thanks.