Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Is there any chance Leeds will choke today?

I am really hoping they stay down mainly because of there arrogant fans. Unfortunately I just can''t see anything other than a comfortable Leeds win today. Bristol Rovers being 11/1 to win with Victor Chandler and 9/2 just to draw with Coral is a reflection of this. However sometimes pressure does funny things particularly in front of 40,000 people. What does everyone reckon?

[quote user="morty"]They''ll win, unfortunately.
[/quote]

That''s what I think sadly. I felt that whoever had their noses in front by 5pm las Saturday would probably go up. But I was hoping other posters could give me optimism!

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[quote user="morty"]They''ll win, unfortunately.[/quote]

That''s what I think sadly. I felt that whoever had their noses in front by 5pm las Saturday would probably go up. But I was hoping other posters could give me optimism!

[/quote]I don''t think even Leeds can blow this.If they did then me, and many other fans will be in the Norfolk and Norwich later having my split sides stitched up.

I think they''ll win but it would be a dream come true if they did, and I give my full support to Millwall and Bristol Rovers

They should win after watching the Rovers game last week can''t see them failing.......however if Rovers score first and their fans get nervous it could be very tense.........

I would love to see them in the play offs;  but agree with morty,  cant see it anything but a home win...

I would prefer to have swindon ad huddersfield promoted but that looks a v long shot...

I think the vast majority of football following people in the world will be hoping that Leeds f*ck up today but after watching Bristol Rovers powderpuff performance last week, I can''t see it happening though we all live in hope!

[quote user="mickey phelans tash"]

It will be even more annoying if Leeds fail to win and still finishing 2nd due to other teams failing to capitalise.

[/quote]

Yeah I just thinking that. You could just Millwall and Swindon cancelling each other out while Leeds drew or lost. Charlton, Millwall, Swindon and Leeds have all had great chances to wrap promotion up long before this. The reality is that none of them have choked they just have not been consistent enough or good enough to pick up the results to pull them clear. I am particularly disappointed by Swindon who I thought would power through after thrashing Leeds at Elland Road.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I actually don''t care.[/quote]

Well Wiz if you are that apathetic towards it then why have bothered to comment then?

Much as I hate Leeds, the fact is that both Milwall and Swindon have blown great chances to overtake them. None of them really deserve it and the fact is that the least mediocre will crawl over the line, a country mile behind us.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

Well Wiz if you are that apathetic towards it then why have bothered to comment then?

[/quote]To emphasize that I only care about City and not Leeds, and to increase my post count, simples!   [;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[/quote]To emphasize that I only care about City and not Leeds, and to increase my post count, simples!   [;)][/quote]

This is something which will potentially effect Norwich. As much as I hate Leeds and love mocking them they will make a much better fist of the championship then either Swindon or Millwall and they are still an attractive club for players to go to. So its in our interests they stay down I think.

Stranger things have happened but sadly I can''t see them slipping up today.  Having said that, if anyone is going to choke under pressure it''s Leeds.  Funny things can happen in these situations.

Neither do I, but can see an upset here, Bristol Rovers new they were up against all odds last week, but today they are playing an also ran team, and will probably lift thier game against Leeds and cause an almighty upset and beat them, We all know how good Leeds are of falling at the last fence, Lets hope they do today, If only to shut Spainboy up for ever, that will do for me,   

You''re basing a lot of your thoughts on our Bristol Rovers result but don''t forget they went 3-0 down to Gillingham and eventually lost 3-2 who we also beat comfortably.Although the plus side to them going up is that we can chant "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, CHAMPIONS OF LEAGUE 1" next year [:D]

No, can''t honestly see it, Rovers were poor against us and I really can''t see them even drawing with Leeds.

So they will be promoted. Though only just on the last day. If for some reason they do slip up then they only have themselves to blame. They should have been promoted long before now, seeing they are such a big club and deserve to be in the Premiership, etc etc. How on earth did Norwich City beat them to it?

I can''t see it, but God I hope they do!Not to worry, though, I''m sure their players will find employment elsewhere...[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/34fbjba.jpg[/IMG]

Possible Scenario:Leeds lose 1-0 ; Millwall draw 0-0Same points, same goal difference.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I can''t see it, but God I hope they do!

Not to worry, though, I''m sure their players will find employment elsewhere...

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/34fbjba.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

How you can concentrate on finding the funny pics is beyond me EM? if that playlist was getting spun in my house i''d either have to go and sit in the shed or start flicking the trip switches on the power supply! [8] [N]