Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

Marlon Harewood?

Big wages would blow most of our budget. Problems then become 2 fold all our players want a rise - causing bad feeling, and if you were going to pay his sought of wages he aint going to sit on the bench, which means Holt will.

This is where the 4 year parachute payment gives a huge advantage to teams being relegated.

lol i confused myself a bit then, maybe i should do research before i post....

I think he could be a good player at championship level, would deffinatly be a handfull! Not sure he will have the commitment and drive as his career has gone down hill... Might have a point to prove tho?

Again he might be on fairly good wages as he has played for bigger clubs but never really made it as a reguler 1st teamplayer anywhere

Research would be good again, scored the goals to get West Ham up, big move to Villa, no first team football, went on loan to Newcastle kept Carrol out scoring 6 or 7 goals and then got injured. Good signing for any championship side but he is on premiership wages although they would drop due to his need to go back to the championship. Cant see Lambert investing so much in one player unless we are there or there abouts in January when I think he might go for it. I would think we will be looking for cover for Holt, not a replacement 

Us being linked or linking the club to signing Marlon Harewood. its like hearing the first cuckoo of spring, comes around every year!

No then, and no now.

One of those players who looked as if he was going to have a very good career in the game-fast, very strong, great in the air, a real old fashioned centre forward. Somehow, like so many others, he never, quite, made it, and just seems to be drifting along now, club to club, season by season...

...he''ll end up at somewhere like Coventry or Derby, then, in a year, eighteen months time or so, he''ll be released, and we''ll be linked with him again!

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Research would be good again, scored the goals to get West Ham up, big move to Villa, no first team football, went on loan to Newcastle kept Carrol out scoring 6 or 7 goals and then got injured. Good signing for any championship side but he is on premiership wages although they would drop due to his need to go back to the championship. Cant see Lambert investing so much in one player unless we are there or there abouts in January when I think he might go for it. I would think we will be looking for cover for Holt, not a replacement [/quote]

I kinda agree with your comments regarding harewood....I hope we don''t do your second comment and wait till January before we start investing!! That has been our mistake far to many times in reasent years. This season we spent our Money at the start of the season..then freshened the team up  with loan players as we picked up injuries.

Yep dont mean we wont sign players to improve now, just cant see budget being blown on 1 or 2 players, it does not seem Lamberts way. However if then there is a chance of going the final furlong near the front come January the temptation would be there to go for it. I would suggest our signings now would be championship and league players who are not on or demanding high wages, with a big bonus for getting us to the premiership.

This is where clubs coming down as I mentioned before will have such an advantage with the parachute payments as they will be able to pay the wages.

I have rejected almost every player suggestion out of hand on here. But I am going to say yes to this one. He has always scored goals in this league, did alright at Newcastle on loan and with some first team football under his belt could be a massive handful. He has pace, powerf and could play either the Martin or Holt role. At 30 I would say he has some good years left in him too. Only concerns are the wage situation and how it would obviously affect Martin and Holt as the recognised front two because I have a lot of faith in them. But what a lovely problem to have. Sign him up if possible!

jas, what issues does he have? I am slightly familiar with the player having seen him on TV for W Ham, but do not know about criminal activity.

If he is one of those sorts who crime follows around, then NO WAY.

Also, I am keen on using the line up that got you promoted as much as possible because they have the confidence and winning attitude. A few changes are good, but dumping Holt to the bench for someone new would seem hasty until Holt had proven he could not score at a higher level for us.

Apparently he did not score much in a few games for some other team, but if he is magic for us in League 1, there is no reason to automatically assume he will be shut down completely in CCC. As such, I say skip Harewood and wait until January. If we can''t score, bring in someone new, but I seriously doubt our offense will go from best in L1 to incapable in CCC. Sure we will peter out a bit (or maybe not?) but give the guys who got us there a fair chance.

Reshaping the team completely for the Prem proved to be a disaster, that''s for sure. We had a winning chemistry and exchanged it for 1 or 2 wins by January.

Jas got him mixed up with Marlon King who is currently in prison for assaulting a female in a nightclub

Although hes gone about his business in a quiet manner, Ronaldo has hardly been the £80 million star signing. I reckon they''d sell for £100.000.

I''ve met Mr Harewood and I know people who have "crossed paths" with Mr King...

...one is a very pleasant, well spoken, charming fella...the other is nothing but a low-life...work it out yourself.

Would love Harewood at NCFC but i doubt we could even afford him for a 3month loan (think Sibierski).

[quote user="spencer 1970"]

I''ve met Mr Harewood and I know people who have "crossed paths" with Mr King...

...one is a very pleasant, well spoken, charming fella...the other is nothing but a low-life...work it out yourself.

[/quote]

Um... Mr King is a very pleasant well spoken charming fella?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="spencer 1970"]

[/quote]

Um... Mr King is a very pleasant well spoken charming fella?

[/quote]

er? No.

If the right deal could be struck then yes. He''s always scored in the Championship.

However I don''t think he fits Lambert''s "hungry, young" approach.