Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Holt wins POTS

Seeing as though no one else has posted it, I might as well.  Guessing everyone else is lucky enough to be there, but for those that aren''t:3 - The Doc2 - Fraser "Ben" Forster1 - Grant Holt

Well done Holty.

A deserving top 3. You can tell we''ve had a series of impressive performers when Hoolahan himself is kept ''off the podium''.

Come on City! They''ve had 6 corners and 7 attempts on target so far.. we need to start cracking a few of our famous late goals in.

just got to say Doc in the top 3 ahead of Hoolahan? ridiculousyes he had a good season, some match winning performances and brought some valuable experience but a more important player this season than Hoolahan? Wes showed today what we''ve been missing the last few weeks and in his first game back after injury! Assists, goals and a lot more tracking back this season means for me he should definately have been in the top 3 POTS. But hey..

"Wes showed today what we''ve been missing the last few weeks"how on earth do you work that one out? today was the first time we havent scored for a long while and i know he has been out for a while but how many times did he pick the wrong option today instead of playing the simple ball like in the first half when he could have rolled lappin in on goal instead of trying to beat everyone 3 times. i would have taken him off at half time and put mcveigh on as it clearly wasnt working for wes todayas for the POTS doc thoroughly deserved to be above wes as he has been much more consistent over the season

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]"Wes showed today what we''ve been missing the last few weeks"how on earth do you work that one out? today was the first time we havent scored for a long while and i know he has been out for a while but how many times did he pick the wrong option today instead of playing the simple ball like in the first half when he could have rolled lappin in on goal instead of trying to beat everyone 3 times. i would have taken him off at half time and put mcveigh on as it clearly wasnt working for wes todayas for the POTS doc thoroughly deserved to be above wes as he has been much more consistent over the season[/quote]agree to disagree. I just thought if a goal was going to come it would come through hoolahan, looked the only player out there that wanted to get back into the game. It wasnt a perfect performance by any means, as you said he chose the wrong option not to play Lappin in but the rest of the time he had so few options he tried to make something happen himself (so much so he only resorted to a long shot once). Some of his passes forward and movement off and on the ball just reminded of some of the great play over the season, which reminded me how much of it came through hoolahan.And for these reasons i would easily put him ahead of Doc in POTS. More consistent??? Doc, like Hoolahan was dropped for a reason. Doc, resigned to leaving started looking for another club and only got back into the 1st team due to injuries. Hoolahan put the effort in and was in a different class in the reserves and won his place back (and changed the formation that then became the diamond) in the 1st team. His also looked the only player anywhere near being in the same league as the Sunderland players.