Sign in to follow this  
The gut

What is it with our fans?

The only explanation I can think of for singing McNamee''s song is because they like the lyrics rather than what he''s done on the pitch. Pretty much disrespectful to other players who have contributed more to our promotion this season. Several fret and stress at the possibility of losing Hoolahan yet he''s hardly had his name sung by the fans all season despite his massive contribution, you can throw in Russell, Drury if not the majority of the team who deserve recognition during the game ahead of our little Anthony. Best foofspall sporters in the world my arse.

Or maybe we were 2-0 down in a lacklustre and "can''t be arsed" performance against a Carlisle side who were up for it, and the Barclay D & E block choir felt that someone who would run at people and take them on, rather than passing it sideways, might give us a chance of getting back into the game.

Agree with gut (thats a first) but that song is the worst ever for a player who really hasnt shown very much

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Or maybe we were 2-0 down in a lacklustre and "can''t be arsed" performance against a Carlisle side who were up for it, and the Barclay D & E block choir felt that someone who would run at people and take them on, rather than passing it sideways, might give us a chance of getting back into the game.

[/quote]This^Instead of whinging why not think of a song for Wes... jeez I can just imagine you watching the games. Sat there with a face like a smacked ass with your arms crossed...

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Or maybe we were 2-0 down in a lacklustre and "can''t be arsed" performance against a Carlisle side who were up for it, and the Barclay D & E block choir felt that someone who would run at people and take them on, rather than passing it sideways, might give us a chance of getting back into the game.

[/quote]

This^

Instead of whinging why not think of a song for Wes... jeez I can just imagine you watching the games. Sat there with a face like a smacked ass with your arms crossed...
[/quote]

It''s not a whinge, there is a song for Wes, the point I am making is not just about the game yesterday (but that was a super example) it has been the case in the majority of games, so it makes no difference if it was lacklustre performance yesterday. Our fans choose to sing more for a player who has done next to nothing compared to the rest of the team.

Andy you can imagine what you like, i get the impression from the majority of your posts that you have not played much football (I may be wrong) and I imagine you you to be like the many that go to Carrow Road nowadays, it''s all about just being a part of the crowd and joining in, rather than understanding what you are seeing and what is happening. I suppose you consider yourself  one of these best football supporters in the world. Jeeeeeez, don''t let opinion or debate get in the way of just posting a twattish comment, based on your childish imagination. CBB beebies not keeping you occupied anymore.

I think the other thing to note is that Hoolahan couldn''t pass water yesterday and looked way past match fitness so gave the fans nothing to shout about.  I don''t think the Macnamee song was disrespectful to Hoolahan, I think it was a plea for Lambert to change the game and bring on an attacking threat (as it was, Johnson made way for Macnamee if I recall correctly though I may be wrong)

[quote user="The gut"]

The only explanation I can think of for singing McNamee''s song is because they like the lyrics rather than what he''s done on the pitch. Pretty much disrespectful to other players who have contributed more to our promotion this season. Several fret and stress at the possibility of losing Hoolahan yet he''s hardly had his name sung by the fans all season despite his massive contribution, you can throw in Russell, Drury if not the majority of the team who deserve recognition during the game ahead of our little Anthony. Best foofspall sporters in the world my arse.

[/quote]If a song''s catchy it''ll get sung. I don''t think it has a lot to do with how much the player''s contributed to be honest. If it did Hucks would have had more than one. [:P]

Mister Chops, I totally understand yesterday, my post is about all the games. Yesterday does provide many questions for me with regard to our fans, maybe another time. 

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]If a song''s catchy it''ll get sung. I don''t think it has a lot to do with how much the player''s contributed to be honest. If it did Hucks would have had more than one. [:P][/quote]Yep - look at how often Otsemobor''s song was sung while he was here yet he was hardly considered a City legend was he.

The best chant of the day was " your names too big for you " to Bridge-Wilkinson. As for the Mcnamee song , its good but his performances although limited haven''t justified the over the top adoration he receives.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]If a song''s catchy it''ll get sung. I don''t think it has a lot to do with how much the player''s contributed to be honest. If it did Hucks would have had more than one. [:P][/quote]Yep - look at how often Otsemobor''s song was sung while he was here yet he was hardly considered a City legend was he.[/quote]Exactly - it was just that some witty fans worked out a song in which his name would fit. [Y] Now take somebody like Craig Fleming. Never a song sung in his honour to my knowledge. Disrespect? Not really, it''s just that nobody could really think of anything that rhymed with his name. [:P]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Seriously, Lord, can''t you remember "There''s only one F in Fleming?" It was sung on numerous occasions when he was playing.[/quote]Lol, it was a pity that it was the best we could come up with.But some names are easier than others to fit into songs I guess, for example Grant Holt!

Another classic case of a player who deserves a song but doesn''t have one is Adam Drury. Yesterday he stayed on the pitch having a kickabout with his kids and then acknowledged the Barclay as he left, to applause, but sadly he''s never really had his own song. Just because his name doesn''t really fit anything. A shame. I hope players like this realise it''s nothing personal, just the luck of the draw.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Seriously, Lord, can''t you remember "There''s only one F in Fleming?" It was sung on numerous occasions when he was playing.[/quote]Well remembered, gazz. My bad. But still, songs clearly aren''t just sung out of respect for a player''s contribution. Some are sung simply because the player''s name fits. Seriously, if somebody came up with a decent chant for, say, Russell, then I''ve no doubt in my mind that we''d belt it out every week. It''s just that so far nobody has. [8-|]

[quote user="Mazy Run"]Another classic case of a player who deserves a song but doesn''t have one is Adam Drury. Yesterday he stayed on the pitch having a kickabout with his kids and then acknowledged the Barclay as he left, to applause, but sadly he''s never really had his own song. Just because his name doesn''t really fit anything. A shame. I hope players like this realise it''s nothing personal, just the luck of the draw.[/quote]I always liked "pass to Drury on the lefthand side" personally but it isn''t catchy enough for a football game. [:P]

I was just thinking that Mazy, Adam Drury has never really had the recognition he so rightly deserves. He''s been immense this season and will be vital next year. I think we used to sing "There''s only one Adam Drury" and there have been a few half hearted "You''ll never beat the Drury" (as in Kenton of old).

[quote user="Mazy Run"]Another classic case of a player who deserves a song but doesn''t have one is Adam Drury. Yesterday he stayed on the pitch having a kickabout with his kids and then acknowledged the Barclay as he left, to applause, but sadly he''s never really had his own song. Just because his name doesn''t really fit anything. A shame. I hope players like this realise it''s nothing personal, just the luck of the draw.[/quote]Iwan mentions this in his book. Apparently some players would have loved their own song but understood that it would have been tricky to fit their name in one. [Y]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Maybe I''ve got my hoolahan specs on but he was our most creative player yesterday.

I can help but think he''s not fully appreciated in this team.[/quote]He stood out for me too, in a very apathetic side, I thought he looked pretty good considering he was just back from injury.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Seriously, Lord, can''t you remember "There''s only one F in Fleming?" It was sung on numerous occasions when he was playing.[/quote]I think the point still stands since that was the best we could ever do for Flem.  Huckerby never got a proper song, and I only really ever recall Iwan getting his named chanted over and over than any particular ''song''?  Seems that if the wits in the crowd think of something, they''re going to sing it regardless of how good or bad they are.Safri and McVeigh probably have the best songs I know of, lucky for them their performances (at the time) justified them!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Or maybe we were 2-0 down in a lacklustre and "can''t be arsed" performance against a Carlisle side who were up for it, and the Barclay D & E block choir felt that someone who would run at people and take them on, rather than passing it sideways, might give us a chance of getting back into the game.

[/quote]

and did he do this???

NO!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

and did he do this???

NO!

[/quote]Chopsy just got owned by Nana. Ouch.

[quote user="The gut"]

It''s not a whinge, there is a song for Wes, the point I am making is not just about the game yesterday (but that was a super example) it has been the case in the majority of games, so it makes no difference if it was lacklustre performance yesterday. Our fans choose to sing more for a player who has done next to nothing compared to the rest of the team.

Andy you can imagine what you like, i get the impression from the majority of your posts that you have not played much football (I may be wrong) and I imagine you you to be like the many that go to Carrow Road nowadays, it''s all about just being a part of the crowd and joining in, rather than understanding what you are seeing and what is happening. I suppose you consider yourself  one of these best football supporters in the world. Jeeeeeez, don''t let opinion or debate get in the way of just posting a twattish comment, based on your childish imagination. CBB beebies not keeping you occupied anymore.

[/quote][|-)] [|-)] [|-)] [|-)] [|-)] [|-)]I see your post and remind you of this:[quote user="Mister Chops"]Or maybe we were 2-0 down in a lacklustre and

"can''t be arsed" performance against a Carlisle side who were up for

it, and the Barclay D & E block choir felt that someone who would

run at people and take them on, rather than passing it sideways, might

give us a chance of getting back into the game.[/quote]The Mcnamee songs were sung 90% prior to when he came on. If Hoolahan was fit and on the bench I''m sure there would have been songs to get him on.... So just because you missed the clear point the last time I''ll put it in bold (you can reply with an insult if you like, it''ll just make you look even more daft) The game needed attacking forward play. Mcnamee was the best person who could bring that to the game. Therefore it made sense to sing his song.P.s in my (apparent lack of real football) opinion Mcnamee has been superb everytime I''ve seen him. All except 1 game.

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="The gut"]

[/quote]

[|-)] [|-)] [|-)] [|-)] [|-)] [|-)]

I see your post and remind you of this:

[/quote]

The Mcnamee songs were sung 90% prior to when he came on. If Hoolahan was fit and on the bench I''m sure there would have been songs to get him on....

So just because you missed the clear point the last time I''ll put it in bold (you can reply with an insult if you like, it''ll just make you look even more daft) The game needed attacking forward play. Mcnamee was the best person who could bring that to the game. Therefore it made sense to sing his song.

P.s in my (apparent lack of real football) opinion Mcnamee has been superb everytime I''ve seen him. All except 1 game.
[/quote]

I see your post and direct you to this, perhaps I should have put in bold and be a klever kunt like you

Today, 11:14 AM

The gut is not online. Last active: 09/05/2010 11:31:53 The gut

Not Ranked
Joined on 15/04/2009
Posts 654

Re: What is it with our fans?

Reply Quote

Mister Chops, I totally understand yesterday, my post is about all the games. Yesterday does provide many questions for me with regard to our fans, maybe another time.