Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Charles Clarke

is now avaliable on a free.

A good old fashioned bruiser who could unsettle defences and maybe get a goal or two.

It is said that he has a passion for NCFC, so his commitment wouldn''t be in doubt.

His wages could be a stumbling block though and his expenses might be high..

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

A good old fashioned bruiser who could unsettle defences and maybe get a goal or two.

It is said that he has a passion for NCFC, so his commitment wouldn''t be in doubt.

[/quote]

I think he is over the hill to be honest. Sounds like he could also be an unsettling influence in the dressing room because of the way he likes to question the manager''s ability in public. Don''t think Lambert would stand for that.

[/quote]

I think he is over the hill to be honest. Sounds like he could also be an unsettling influence in the dressing room because of the way he likes to question the manager''s ability in public. Don''t think Lambert would stand for that.

Good Left winger in his day, but didn''t even make the (back) bench with his last club.

But with those ears he does resemble the FA Cup. [;)]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Good Left winger in his day, but didn''t even make the (back) bench with his last club.

But with those ears he does resemble the FA Cup. [;)]

[/quote]Could be handy in goal then if we don''t get Forster........

"Give him a set of tight shorts and i could see him running on the pitch as our new sponge man"

Whatever tickles your fancy!

[quote user="Clean Shirt"]Again this is he is not a footballer. Sensible suggestions only please. Thank you very much[/quote]

"Again this is he is not a footballer"   ...... translation please?

Respectfully. I think we are all aware of who Mr. Clarke really is and of the pertinence of this topical reference. Charles has had a high profile at Carrow Road on occasions, is a devoted Canary fan and benefactor and has a delightful sense of humour.  

Your credentials?  Please keep them sensible and carefully avoid anything remotely light-hearted. 

[quote user="Clean Shirt"]Again this is he is not a footballer. Sensible suggestions only please. Thank you very much[/quote]

Respectfully. I think we are all aware of who Mr. Clarke really is and of the pertinence of this topical reference. Charles has had a high profile at Carrow Road on occasions, is a devoted Canary fan and benefactor and has a delightful sense of humour.  

Your credentials?  Please keep them sensible and carefully avoid anything remotely light-hearted. 

[/quote]

No need to turn it into an ass-licking, more people don''t like him, as proven in the election. Me included, first time I haven''t voted Labour, mainly as previously I was Norwich North with Ian Gibson. Personally I am proud to have been one of the 310 person difference between Simon Wright and Charles Clarke.

Norwich City ''Benefactor''? What is this supposed to mean? Are you saying that he donated money to the football club? Because if he has, then you realise that he made this taking private sector jobs? The part-timer isn''t worth the tax payers money, I will take my full time Lib Dem, thank you.

[/quote]

Scores too many own goals, no loyalty, not a team player and how the fark is he gonna run around with his head up his own arse plus the club will lose income from the sale of pies at half time.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

No need to turn it into an ass-licking, more people don''t like him, as proven in the election. Me included, first time I haven''t voted Labour, mainly as previously I was Norwich North with Ian Gibson. Personally I am proud to have been one of the 310 person difference between Simon Wright and Charles Clarke.

Norwich City ''Benefactor''? What is this supposed to mean? Are you saying that he donated money to the football club? Because if he has, then you realise that he made this taking private sector jobs? The part-timer isn''t worth the tax payers money, I will take my full time Lib Dem, thank you.

[/quote]

Off topic and ill-informed. I take it from your comments that you have personal experience of the man?

"Benefactor?"  .... Ref:- Chambers English Dictionary.

I fail to see the relevance of your political leanings to what is primatily intended as a light-hearted, albeit unfunny, thread connected to  the events of last thursday.  

Crap home secretary and fell out big time with Brown when he took over. I dont blame him for that but thereafter he became a very bitter man. Looks like he may have to find a proper job now.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Crap home secretary and fell out big time with Brown when he took over. I dont blame him for that but thereafter he became a very bitter man. Looks like he may have to find a proper job now.[/quote]

Cannot particularly disagree with that Yorshire, however the thread was intended to be light-hearted and not political or personal.

NCFC did benefit in many ways by having their local MP interested in the club in the way that Charles Clarke was. In most constituencies the MP has no interest at all.

He involved himself in many activities connected with the club and the commmunity and gave much of his time.

Whilst I  have no intention of delving into the exactitude of this statement, by recalling instances of this the following link is just one example:

http://www.lminet.co.uk/detail.asp?LMI_UniqueKey=1232

---A cynic[:P] would say the above-mentioned ex-MP[:@] was being punished by his constituents for trying to get Peter Cullum ("I had dinner with Charles Clarke and I then realised that the

sole aim of the dinner was for him to persuade me to provide some

finance for Norwich City.") to buy the football club...[:D][:P][;)][:O][:D]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Crap home secretary and fell out big time with Brown when he took over. I dont blame him for that but thereafter he became a very bitter man. Looks like he may have to find a proper job now.[/quote]

Cannot particularly disagree with that Yorshire, however the thread was intended to be light-hearted and not political or personal.

NCFC did benefit in many ways by having their local MP interested in the club in the way that Charles Clarke was. In most constituencies the MP has no interest at all.

He involved himself in many activities connected with the club and the commmunity and gave much of his time.

Whilst I  have no intention of delving into the exactitude of this statement, by recalling instances of this the following link is just one example:

http://www.lminet.co.uk/detail.asp?LMI_UniqueKey=1232

[/quote]

You are an experienced poster, the thread often fails to follow exactly how the originator intended. Please be "delving into the exactitude.....", because I''d be interested to know how NCFC has benefitted from his interest. With regard to the link, I''ve opened a bottle of milk but haven''t had anything to do with producing it.  

An unreliable player.

Clarke may have started on the left, but he continually drifted out to the right wing.

Well, I thought this was funny.FWIW, Charles Clarke did do a good job in handling the aftermath of the July 7th bombings but wasn''t much of a constituency MP or a good servant to the government.

Have to agree with Chops here, I have lived in Norwich South for long enough to realise while Charles Clarke may have started off with good intentions, sadly the power he was given only corrupted him (and his once neighbour in Norwich North).

For those of us living in the city we now have two relatively new faces, let''s hope they can remember why we elected them in the first place.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Off topic and ill-informed. I take it from your comments that you have personal experience of the man?

"Benefactor?"  .... Ref:- Chambers English Dictionary.

I fail to see the relevance of your political leanings to what is primatily intended as a light-hearted, albeit unfunny, thread connected to  the events of last thursday.  

[/quote]

I was responding to your particular reply (see above) which was not light hearted in the slightest, but did give an insight into your personal opinions on Charles Clarke. I then gave my personal opinions on Clarke. Nobody ''owns'' a thread on this board, you make it public and the public decides the direction. Welcome to the world of internet forums.

You still haven''t answered my question about Clarke, what is it exactly that you like about him? I can tell you why I don''t like him.... he took private sector jobs whilst being employed by the taxpayer to do a perfectly well paid full time job. How would your employer feel if you weren''t dedicated to your full time job? He cost me an additional two and a half grand in my final year of university despite the Labour manifesto stating specifically that he wouldn''t introduce top-up fees, effectively ''stealing'' my vote in the process.

He has spent the past three years publicly undermining his own party, he pushed through identity cards, which nobody wants. He changed a legal precedent which existed since the 1215 Magna Carta, taking away the rights of some to a fair trial (a trial by jury). Now, there is nothing whatsoever ''light hearted'' about a discussion mentioning the name of Charles Clarke.

You seem to have conveniently avoided my question about just how Charles Clarke has helped Norwich City Football Club by pointing me in the direction of a dictionary that I do not own, now I can take a trip to Waterstones or you can just spit it out. The first definition of ''Benefactor'' that Google through at me was "a person who helps people or institutions (especially with financial help)"

I take it you are referring to his meddling involvement with the Peter Cullum affair, in which he encouraged a billionaire to invest in Norwich City Football Club, but who subsequently didn''t actually want anything to do with it. That wasn''t helping, and it didn''t help. Clark had more pressing things to deal with, in his local community. Compare that with Gibson, who used to meet everyday people in supermarkets to help deal with their everyday concerns, like cancer treatments or home care issues. 

[quote user="Badger"]Happy that your vote will go to support David Cameron though New Boy?[/quote]

Actually I am not in the slightest bit happy about that, but I still wouldn''t have voted Labour, I would have voted Green. I don''t want my vote to support Gordon Brown either.

[quote user="Clean Shirt"]This is all off topic please remove thanks[/quote]

[8] "What has a hazelnut in every bite?" [8].....Squirrel sh*t

[quote user="Clean Shirt"]That is better. Mellow do you prefer Topic or marsbar?[/quote]

Mars.....Topic tastes like squirrel sh*t....