Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Tranmere Goal Post Bent.

I think the word was meant to be "solid" . . .

Dunno, but it reminds me of games where the posts collapsed.  I''m sure it happened at least one in Kevin Keelan''s day, I think he collided with it, can anyone remember?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]How was this done there sold posts?![/quote]

Where do you get the idea that theyre solid?  Have you ever tried lifting a solid metal post that is 8 feet high?  Goal posts are usually metal tubes - reasonably thick metal but hollow in the middle.  Apologies if you have proof that theyre solid but I think thats unlikely.....

[quote user="K Lo"]I don''t understand this.[/quote]

I''ve made an anagram of each word of the OP. It probably makes more sense now. [;)]

''Who saw hits node three olds stops''.

Hope that clears up any confusion. [:S]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

I think the word was meant to be "solid" . . .

Dunno, but it reminds me of games where the posts collapsed.  I''m sure it happened at least one in Kevin Keelan''s day, I think he collided with it, can anyone remember?

[/quote]

Cherub it was an FA Cup tie at Wolves,we drew 1-1 with Kevin Bond scoring with a penalty then we lost the replay at home.

Sorry John, you''re wrong. It was the first day of the 73/74 season. Keelan grabbed the net after faining to stop their second goal go in and brought the whole thing down on top of him. Carried off, five minute delay to rebuild goal & when the teams came back out so did Keelan. Only time Wolves fans have cheered a City player. Oh we lost 3 - 1 as usual.

my first ever away game , that one ( We have relatives in West Bromwich ) I was three years old nearly four and I don;t rememebr anything at all about the game - just know that was the one that started it all

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]Sorry John, you''re wrong. It was the first day of the 73/74 season. Keelan grabbed the net after faining to stop their second goal go in and brought the whole thing down on top of him. Carried off, five minute delay to rebuild goal & when the teams came back out so did Keelan. Only time Wolves fans have cheered a City player. Oh we lost 3 - 1 as usual.[/quote]

Yes. I believe I was there and Keelan looked in a very bad way at one point.

Bill McGarry, the Wolves manager, annoyed me by being more concerned about celebrating the goal with the fans on the terraces than about the possibiltiy of Keelan being very seriously injured.

A memory that has remaianed with me because things were normally  rather less cut-throat in those days and McGarry was a gentleman by reputation. .

Having said that we are now accustomed to players feigning injury just to have an opponent sent off.

[quote user="Whats a right winger"]Sorry John, you''re wrong. It was the first day of the 73/74 season. Keelan grabbed the net after faining to stop their second goal go in and brought the whole thing down on top of him. Carried off, five minute delay to rebuild goal & when the teams came back out so did Keelan. Only time Wolves fans have cheered a City player. Oh we lost 3 - 1 as usual.[/quote]

I got the ground right at least,it''s the 36 years ago information you have provided that is worrying but then again you must have been there also.