Sign in to follow this  
Chris.

The person who placed the trophy on the podium.

Bart is a Gentleman with Downs syndrome who has worked for Delias canary catering and other jobs at the club for the best part of 15 years... i sat next to him on the coach away to Bristol City in 1998 and he''s a bloody nice bloke!

A great gesture by the club which i understand was made to happen by the Chief Executive and Bart had been practising all week for his moment of fame.Good lad and he will remember it for the rest of his days.

He really milked it didn''t he?  Fair play though - I think we would all have done the same there.  It''s not something you get to do every day.

The funny thing is Barty came to see me at half-time like he often does and he didn''t even mention he was going to do it. I am really pleased for him, was a great choice by the club. Bart is a great Norwich City fan but he always see''s the game fairly and was telling me how good Carlisle were especially their front two. Like Jas says, he''s a top man. A word of warning though, don''t go with him to the various club shops around the country. Because if you do you won''t ever get time for the pub and you will end up looking after the endless programmes he buys until after the game[:S][;)]

It''s really weird cos I didn''t know who he was up until Saturday and then I saw him before the game talking to Chris Martin with a job load of programmes in hand. Then I looked after the game and there he was again with the trophy in hand. Nice touch from the club.

Really nice. Theres people who would have paid a lot of money to do something like this.And its yet another one of the 45,000 other reasons I love this club.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Really nice. Theres people who would have paid a lot of money to do something like this.

And its yet another one of the 45,000 other reasons I love this club.

[:)]
[/quote]

only 45,000 Pffft. what kind of a supporter are you! ;)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="morty"]Really nice. Theres people who would have paid a lot of money to do something like this.And its yet another one of the 45,000 other reasons I love this club.[:)][/quote]

only 45,000 Pffft. what kind of a supporter are you! ;)

[/quote]Lol.[;)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="morty"]Really nice. Theres people who would have paid a lot of money to do something like this.

[:)][/quote]only 45,000 Pffft. what kind of a supporter are you! ;)[/quote]A rich one Jas, he''s got more than one pair of socks! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="morty"]Really nice. Theres people who would have paid a lot of money to do something like this.And its yet another one of the 45,000 other reasons I love this club.[:)][/quote]only 45,000 Pffft. what kind of a supporter are you! ;)[/quote]A rich one Jas, he''s got more than one pair of socks! [;)][/quote]Haha, cross thread humour, like it![;)]

[quote user="morty"]Really nice. Theres people who would have paid a lot of money to do something like this.

[:)]
[/quote]

What are the other 44,999? I wouldn''t normally ask but if any one has got the time to list them it''s gonna be you. 

oh, now i see why he got to place it!

I loved the way he got to milk the crowds applause!

Who will do the championship on in a few years time then?? [;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

oh, now i see why he got to place it!

I loved the way he got to milk the crowds applause!

Who will do the championship on in a few years time then?? [;)]

[/quote]*Next year....