Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Can You Sit Down.....

they cant make you sit if you all stand. unfortunatly people dont have the bollocks to stand  up them (literally)

[quote user="anon"]they cant make you sit if you all stand. unfortunatly people dont have the bollocks to stand  up them (literally)[/quote]Maybe not everybody wants to stand.

I often have to sit in the Jarrold and the Barclay is very rarely seated, I do enjoy the stewards giving the away fans a tough time about standing though even if it does annoy me when i''m told to sit away from home.

[quote user="anon"]they cant make you sit if you all stand. unfortunatly people dont have the bollocks to stand  up them (literally)
[/quote]

And what about those who aren''t able to stand for long periods of time?

Personally i''m all for standing, but it''s not as simple as having the bo*****s or not to stand.

Don''t they choose where to buy their tickets for? If I wanted to be sure to sit I''d go River End or join the Jarrolds family. Hardcore area seats are surely less likely to be available anyway... correct me if I''m wrong.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]Don''t they choose where to buy their tickets for? If I wanted to be sure to sit I''d go River End or join the Jarrolds family. Hardcore area seats are surely less likely to be available anyway... correct me if I''m wrong.[/quote]Lol, do you pay extra for these "hardcore" seats?Maybe you should pay less if you''re not actually sitting on the seat.[:)]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I often have to sit in the Jarrold and the Barclay is very rarely seated, I do enjoy the stewards giving the away fans a tough time about standing though even if it does annoy me when i''m told to sit away from home.[/quote]Can''t have it both ways to be honest....Personally I think our stewards are way OTT with away supporters. I wonder why they only seem to have the b*lls to bully small groups of inoffensive visitors but when the likes of Leeds and Millwall roll into town you''d never guess they were there at all.One thing I''ve noticed in on all my away trips this year was how easy going the stewards were towards us. Must be because there''s so many of us there they think we''re like a big city mob and look the other way.........

Steady...I see what you''re doing there, morty. A whole new meaning to Pay Per View in the private members'' area. Yuck.

Maybe by hardcore seats I meant exceptionally robust internally reinforced seating solutions.

I like your idea of per-minute seat charging - or they could simply remove them and call it, say, "terracing"!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GenerationA47"]Don''t they choose where to buy their tickets for? If I wanted to be sure to sit I''d go River End or join the Jarrolds family. Hardcore area seats are surely less likely to be available anyway... correct me if I''m wrong.[/quote]

Lol, do you pay extra for these "hardcore" seats?

Maybe you should pay less if you''re not actually sitting on the seat.

[:)]
[/quote]

I never buy them. That thumping bassline always gives me a headache.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]Steady...I see what you''re doing there, morty. A whole new meaning to Pay Per View in the private members'' area. Yuck.

Maybe by hardcore seats I meant exceptionally robust internally reinforced seating solutions.

I like your idea of per-minute seat charging - or they could simply remove them and call it, say, "terracing"![/quote]Interesting idea, could catch on.[:)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GenerationA47"]Don''t they choose where to buy their tickets for? If I wanted to be sure to sit I''d go River End or join the Jarrolds family. Hardcore area seats are surely less likely to be available anyway... correct me if I''m wrong.[/quote]Lol, do you pay extra for these "hardcore" seats?Maybe you should pay less if you''re not actually sitting on the seat.[:)][/quote]

I never buy them. That thumping bassline always gives me a headache.

[/quote]Techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno.[:)]

I think we should adapt what the germans have done and have certain areas of the ground as safe terracing for those that want to stand.....

"Techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno techno"

Sorry, Morty, but Techno != Hardcore :)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GenerationA47"]Don''t they choose where to buy their tickets for? If I wanted to be sure to sit I''d go River End or join the Jarrolds family. Hardcore area seats are surely less likely to be available anyway... correct me if I''m wrong.[/quote]

Maybe you should pay less if you''re not actually sitting on the seat.

[:)]
[/quote]

The club should charge them a premium for standing.

Ha ha Morty, I only use my seat at half time, or to stand on it to see the team parading around the pitch. To be honest I do pay less than those in areas where it''s obligatory to sit, ie the South Stand or City Stand middle areas. I don''t actually care much about the price of my seat, it''s a fair price across the whole season. I have to agree that the D and E block seats at the back are rarely available, I had to wait years to get one up there.

Legally of course we are all required to sit down throughout the game, but in reality some of us get too excited to sit there completely unmoved. If fans who want to remain seated are worried about not seeing the game, then there are more areas in the ground than not where they can view the action uninterrupted.

I too agree that the away fans should be allowed to stand and support if they want to. Barclay D and E blocks do.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Ha ha Morty, I only use my seat at half time, or to stand on it to see the team parading around the pitch. To be honest I do pay less than those in areas where it''s obligatory to sit, ie the South Stand or City Stand middle areas. I don''t actually care much about the price of my seat, it''s a fair price across the whole season. I have to agree that the D and E block seats at the back are rarely available, I had to wait years to get one up there.

Legally of course we are all required to sit down throughout the game, but in reality some of us get too excited to sit there completely unmoved. If fans who want to remain seated are worried about not seeing the game, then there are more areas in the ground than not where they can view the action uninterrupted.

I too agree that the away fans should be allowed to stand and support if they want to. Barclay D and E blocks do.[/quote]I have to sit in an area where sitting is the norm as I take my kids, and if everyone stood up they would miss most of the match. Hence I''m in the upper Barclay, maybe we''ll move down as they get older and taller.[:)]

Mr Whittle, hats off to you - totally agree.

I''ve enjoyed many a game on continental ''Tribünen'' (terraces).

Making it work safely comes down to (1) not leading people all to crush into one enclosure (2) not having cages to stop people escaping in emergencies (3) applying a basic crowd safety system including having a valid ground safety certificate.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]Mr Whittle, hats off to you - totally agree.

I''ve enjoyed many a game on continental ''Tribünen'' (terraces).

Making it work safely comes down to (1) not leading people all to crush into one enclosure (2) not having cages to stop people escaping in emergencies (3) applying a basic crowd safety system including having a valid ground safety certificate.[/quote]I have experienced similar at a game in Italy.There was the added control of Cops toting machine guns and accompanied by alsatians!

Hmm! Overly aggressive policing tends to backfire, at least with English footie fans..

But...yes, that would make me sit down, b****x or no b****x!

[quote user="GenerationA47"]Hmm! Overly aggressive policing tends to backfire, at least with English footie fans..

But...yes, that would make me sit down, b****x or no b****x![/quote]Yeah, oddly there was no trouble.Was nice having a beer on the terraces though, and somehow me and my mates ended up in the area with all the hooligans and we taught them English football chants, cracking day.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="anon"]they cant make you sit if you all stand. unfortunatly people dont have the bollocks to stand  up them (literally)[/quote]Maybe not everybody wants to stand.[/quote][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

And what about those who aren''t able to stand for long periods of

time?

Personally i''m all for standing, but it''s not as simple as having the

bo*****s or not to stand.

[/quote]i''m talking about barclay and snakepit.. if you dont want to stand you shouldnt be in those areas...

Well. if you want to stand up, I am sure the Club will be more than happy to take the seats out !! that way you will get more fans in, then what will be said " Oh I am getting squashed !! " The only problem with standing up is,if the person behind doesn''t want to or can''t due to disability then their vision is obscured of the game.. but if you want to stand up feel absolutely free to do so..