Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Bus parade/castle mound attendance numbers

Have we any estimates as to how many people will show up on Thursday evening to see the bus parade and trophy lifting at the castle mound? They are closing the surrounding roads until 9pm which seems a long time so I guess that are doing that for the crowds to disperse.Quick unscientific pole then, who''s attending? Personally Im planning on heading to the castle around 7ish after a quick half in the coach and horses first.

I''m sure the weather may be a factor as well. Better to be a nice sunny evening than have it pouring down!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Doubt there will be anywhere near as many people as their was at City Hall in 2004.[/quote]That''s my thinking, people traveled from all over the Norfolk, Suffolk and further in 2004.  I doubt you''ll get that this time in such large numbers.

[quote user="Satriales"]Have we any estimates as to how many people will show up on Thursday evening to see the bus parade and trophy lifting at the castle mound? [/quote]12,749

I can''t see that many people going, purely because we all saw the lads lift the trophy at Carrow Road at the weekend, and also because its a division below 2004.

That being said, this is Norwich City fans we are talking about.

[quote user="Satriales"]Have we any estimates as to how many people will show up on Thursday evening to see the bus parade and trophy lifting at the castle mound? They are closing the surrounding roads until 9pm which seems a long time so I guess that are doing that for the crowds to disperse.Quick unscientific pole then, who''s attending? Personally Im planning on heading to the castle around 7ish after a quick half in the coach and horses first.[/quote]Why do you want to know?Are you doing the coffees?

i`m not going these celebrations seem to be going on forever ... saturday was a long long afternoon in the cold  and  i`m bored with it now..anyway the club  have probably hired riot police and a water cannon to stop anyone getting too close to the players [:D]

I wasn''t going to go. Now I''m going into the city for few from about 4ish, so I''m thinking I might give it a bit of a look. I really don''t know what I''m going to do. Don''t do any coffees for me if that helps

I''m struggling to find a hole in a very busy week,I''ll get there if I can but not sure I''ll have time for the coffee, feel free to make me a ham sandwich though(not cheap ham) just in case I do get there. Not sure I can be arsed with the drive to Norwich and back either after travelling to Gatwick and back to Thetford to collect my daughter who decided back in December to book a holiday that ended the same day as the civic reception.[:''(]

I intend camping out all night to secure a good vantage point.

I will be going, along with family and friends. It''s a time to join those who couldn''t be there on Saturday, mix with friends who are in different areas of Carrow Road and to relax afterwards with a few drinks and a meal. My grand daughter is going, another chance for her to see the team, the supporters and for us all to feel part of the club. There would be many people who wish to acknowledge the club who can''t get tickets or who work on Saturdays. Then after Thursday time to reflect on the season gone and to look forward to the next.

Sorry to be thick, but what bit of the castle is the mound? I mean surely the players won''t be scrambling up the grassy banks that face castle meadow, lord mayor''s procession style? I assumed they meant the bit leading upto the castle museum entrance maybe?

[quote user="batesout MOT"]I''ll be there with my jester hat and horn.[/quote]Do you get that excited about a Jester''s Hat ?

[quote user="batesout MOT"]I''ll be there with my jester hat and horn.[/quote]Not going to your own team''s open top bus parade?

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Alas, Leeds aren''t doing one (meanies, I know!) so I''m coming to yours instead.[/quote]Oh thats right, you didn''t win anything.Silly me, I forgot.[:)]

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Alas, Leeds aren''t doing one (meanies, I know!) so I''m coming to yours instead.[/quote]We''re all Bates lovers are you sure you wanna come?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="batesout MOT"]Alas, Leeds aren''t doing one (meanies, I know!) so I''m coming to yours instead.[/quote]We''re all Bates lovers are you sure you wanna come?[/quote]

Might give it a miss then. Have you Bates Lovers seen his drunk video from Saturday night. He''d give your Delia a run for her money "Most Cringeworthy".

I''m going straight from work....If you see a guy downstairs in the Bell that looks like this....

Come over and say hello....and I''ll ignore you...

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I''m going straight from work....If you see a guy downstairs in the Bell that looks like this....http://static.open.salon.com/files/quasimodo1262109227.jpg

Come over and say hello....and I''ll ignore you...

[/quote]