Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

We'll back push for playoffs

Sorry if this has been posted already...did look buy couldnt see it.

Its nice for the board to come out this early and state their intensions for next season.

What a total contrast from previuos seasons were we have been fed nothing but Bullchit.

Already im looking forward to next season and do so with some optimism

Bugger consolidaiton!!! i really do hope we are pushing for a playoff spot[Y] OTBC [H]

I don''t know if I dare wish for back to back promotions!But we do have the best manager we have had in a long time, there are a lot of positives about the current squad, and it appears that the board want to match Paul Lambert''s ambition.What could possibly go wrong!!??

Very little between any of the sides in the division for next season, doesn''t appear to be any stand out teams now Newcastle & WBA have gone up because 2 of sides the coming down are in real financial difficulties (Hull & Pompey), Burnley will be a decent side next season because they won''t need to sell too many players and can probably add to their squad with the parachute payments but I don''t see them anywhere near the same level as Newcastle or WBA this season. Cardiff if they don''t go up will lose Ledley, Chopra and others because of their financial problems, Forest and Leicester will be strong again but i really can''t see Blackpool matching their achievments this season on their limited budget. It''s just going to be case of who can build some momentum, remain consistent and grind out the results.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Sorry if this has been posted already...did look buy couldnt see it.

Its nice for the board to come out this early and state their intensions for next season.

What a total contrast from previuos seasons were we have been fed nothing but Bullchit.

Already im looking forward to next season and do so with some optimism

Bugger consolidaiton!!! i really do hope we are pushing for a playoff spot[Y] OTBC [H]

[/quote]http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/football/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED11%20May%202010%2009%3A34%3A42%3A150

forgot to add the link DOH

This is looking more and more like a Martin O''Neill scenario by the day. However this time we have a board and chief executive who would back the manager if the ''Dean Windass moment'' comes along again.

There''s no doubt about it, we should be going for top 6/top half finish, they''re just saying the right things.

With Blackpool reaching the play-offs this season it just shows how competitive the Championship is and I think almost everyone can aim for top 6/top half finish, bar perhaps Scunthorpe if they lose Hooper along with Hayes.

[quote user="NCFC91"]

There''s no doubt about it, we should be going for top 6/top half finish, they''re just saying the right things.

With Blackpool reaching the play-offs this season it just shows how competitive the Championship is and I think almost everyone can aim for top 6/top half finish, bar perhaps Scunthorpe if they lose Hooper along with Hayes.

[/quote]But this time i beleive it!!! that is the big difference

Talk (like traditionally our Board) is cheap and the proof of this new found desire and ambition will be shown over the coming weeks in who comes in through the doors. I have far more faith in this current lot than anyone for a long while, but experience has taught me to be cynical where an NCFC board is concerned.

I hope people are proved right though and would be deilighted to be shown to be a negative Nelly on this one! [:)]

If (a big ''if'') the search for new investment has so far produced nothing then the only way a promotion/top six push will be funded will be by taking on more debt (not a good idea) or the owners (and possibly Foulger) putting even more money into the club than they have so far.None of the new board members is very wealthy (not by football club standards) so any money will have to come from the old guard of Smith and Jones and Foulger. So in that sense nothing has changed.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

Talk (like traditionally our Board) is cheap and the proof of this new found desire and ambition will be shown over the coming weeks in who comes in through the doors. I have far more faith in this current lot than anyone for a long while, but experience has taught me to be cynical where an NCFC board is concerned.

I hope people are proved right though and would be deilighted to be shown to be a negative Nelly on this one! [:)]

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly i''m i''m extremely happy to admit that recently with the new Board i''m getting proven wrong much more these days. Keep it up Board members and i might even break in to a wee clap for Smith And Jones come the new season. [ At this point Doris has seen what i''m writing and asked to see the whiskey bottle she marks when she lets me have a couple!]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly i''m i''m extremely happy to admit that recently with the new Board i''m getting proven wrong much more these days. Keep it up Board members and i might even break in to a wee clap for Smith And Jones come the new season. [ At this point Doris has seen what i''m writing and asked to see the whiskey bottle she marks when she lets me have a couple!]

[/quote]

But i refuse to sing Delia''s name after the scum game. [now Doris might think I''ve gained some of my sanity back and let me finish off my Whiskey tonight!!]

I hope the Board are not just reacting to the Premiership money now being handed out to Championship clubs next season.  Yes, we will have £4.8 miilion of cash coming in, but so will all the other clubs.  It just means all championship clubs will pay over the odds for any decent player out there.  The hope is that Lambert spots the really decent ones and gets them to play as a team like this past season. 

In a nutshell, the financial picture may be brightening, but it is the same for all clubs in the championship, probably more so for Burnley.  So the talk may indeed be cheaper than currently read, unless there is a white knight charging over the hill to invest in the club - mmmm, thought not.  In the end I fear it will be down to Lambert to make the difference, but hopeMcNally will back him on the odd transfer bid.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]This is looking more and more like a Martin O''Neill scenario by the day. However this time we have a board and chief executive who would back the manager if the ''Dean Windass moment'' comes along again.[/quote]

Wheres Cluck at a time like this.   Dont you realise that Robert Chase was God and the only reason why we didnt buy Dean Windass was because O''Neill had dared question his strategy???? [S]

err no

O''Neill was off. He had been tapped up by one half of the Leicester group trying for control of the club. Windass was a a convenient excuse.

The club stated quite a while back that they had every intention of getting into the Premiership. I doubt very much whether the recent pronouncements have any affect on that aim.

Nor are they spouted out like the binners (Operation Premiership) in a desperate bid to fill their half empty ground. The money was there, as said before. The team was not manged well enough. The youths were coming through, off field activity was working but the idea from the top was an idealised one rerplicating the so called ''boot room'' of Liverpool. A manager''s qualities were judged on how connected he previously had been to the club.

Thankfully from the board downwards we are now being run on a far more professional footing. Next season looks promising ......... some on here may be pleasantly surprised.

This a bold statement from our board, lets hope they follow it up with actions?! Could this surgest there is some investment coming in they''re tring to keep under wraps, How else are they going to fund such a push?