Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Paul Hayes to Preston

Doesn''t matter, he wouldn''t get in instead of Martin or Holt anyway. Gary Hooper well thats a different matter...

Not too worried about him, would have been an ''ok'' backup to Holt nothing more imo. Just had one of his best seasons at Championship level and still didnt set the world alight.

Decent player who can do a job upfront and in midfield but realistically isn''t going to do the damage at anything above the lower half of the Championship.

An interesting signing from Ferguson. Wonder if he''s signed him for the squad or for the first team...

Considering Fergie Jnr has jut released a heck of a lot of players or in the process of, Hayes is probably a first teamer. I doubt he would go anywhere to be anything less.

Not sure that Fergie Jnr has what it takes but we shall see. Apparently they are off loading Mellor and whole load of other players Elliot is one of them. Can''t see why he is doing it when its not like he has a large or quality squad to draw upon. Chris Brown appears to be popular enought to remain there though.

We need a striker, right winger and possibly another left back should Rose not make the grade and stay. I have to say that with Rose I am yet to be convinced. R. Martin is ok, he is a solid player, big and strong - does get caught out a bit in the diamond formation but only because he never seems to be sure when to push on because when he does it exposes us on the counter and when he doesn''t we don''t get the width we need. Rose to me hasn''t got the presence but has a good left foot on him and a good throw.