Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Did anyone else have the misfortune of...

Sitting near someone who moaned today for 90 minutes because of the performance.

"Chris Martin Cant Shoot"

"We wont be any good next season"

"Do we deserve the trophy"

This was the theme of some of her comments today; it beggars belief; some people really should stay well clear of football.

Thorpe Wing, City Stand...there could be some other poor misfortunate sole who has to listen to the garbage week in week out...

Chris Martin Cant Shoot"

"Do we deserve the trophy

All 3 mate. Im moving from Barclay upper e block next year....people behind me have been winding me up all season, moaning after a few minutes.

Oh yes, people next to me threatened to leave at 0-2 because it was "disgraceful".

Some people near me p[issed off to the bar after 20 minutes....ridiiculous.

Yes, I had to bring such a person! Ended up laughing as we are champions and the result didn''t really matter.

I''m glad im not the only one!

I dont understand the mindset of these people. Why come to football, if you are still going to meoan when we are Champions by 9 points!!

If after 10 games next season we are rock bottom; then i may be concerned; but i dont see that happening..just enjoy success..it really does irriate me!

However the chant of "We don''t fu**ing give a f**k" was a little undeedy.

Yeah i did.I sit next to a couple of my friends in block A of the lower Barclay, and the burke who sits behind us kicked one of my friends seats after the ref had not given a foul on Wes after he was rugby tackled (I think it was Wes)He snapped the top bit of it. Stupid twazzock.

[quote user="Huddy "]Sitting near someone who moaned today for 90 minutes because of the performance.

"Chris Martin Cant Shoot"

"Do we deserve the trophy"

This was the theme of some of her comments today; it beggars belief; some people really should stay well clear of football.

Thorpe Wing, City Stand...there could be some other poor misfortunate sole who has to listen to the garbage week in week out...[/quote]Id say that we must have seats near each other (im thorpe area too) but there seem to be so many moaners you might be miles away! The guy next to me has been bad all season and he certainly didnt let up yesterday, ''move for the ball chris'', ''pass wes'', ''why dont you shoot martin?'' ''ooohhh nooo why did you shoot from there martin?'' ''thats it pass it backwards again (sarcastic)'' ''the goals that way'' etc etc, aaaarrrrgggghhhh! The funniest bit was when we did make a good attacking move which came from an initial bit of passing backwards and sideways he loved it ''thats it lads, more of the same'', i just turned and laughed in his face.We''ve won the league with 2 games to spare, but more importantly i dont want to see a long ball game where we keep just giving the ball back to the opposition (we do enough of that anyway!) so when we play the ball sideways to the CBs or backwards to Martin or Drury just shut up and wait and see what happens before you open your gob, and just lighten up, champions!Oh and bring on movers and shakers week!

ALL SEASON LONG... FOUR LITTLE TWERPS WHO SIT BEHIND ME IN SNAKE PIT, MOAN IF SOME PLAYER MISS PLACES A PASS... TROUBLE IS THEY DO GET ALOT OF CHANTING GOING!!!

I did hear the funniest thing yesterday from the lady that sat in front of me taking to her mother!

They were discussing how disinterested the players looked (fair point) but then finished it off with the comment that Chris Martin doesn''t make any effort during a game as he wants to save his energy for scoring in the last minute!

Now this isn''t about women and football as the

man the other side agreed but really, can a player be that good or confident that they save all their energy for the last minute of the game or would a certain Mr Lambert not hail him off for being. Lazy little so and so!

Classic......

Thought this was going to be a thread saying Did anyone else have the misfortune of going today/yesterday!

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]I did hear the funniest thing yesterday from the lady that sat in front of me taking to her mother!

They were discussing how disinterested the players looked (fair point) but then finished it off with the comment that Chris Martin doesn''t make any effort during a game as he wants to save his energy for scoring in the last minute!

Now this isn''t about women and football as the

man the other side agreed but really, can a player be that good or confident that they save all their energy for the last minute of the game or would a certain Mr Lambert not hail him off for being. Lazy little so and so!

Classic......[/quote]its just the constant contradiction of themselves that gets me with only a few mins in between, ''why dont we shoot when we get a sight of goal'' to ''why did he shoot from there!?!'' (unless it goes in, then obviously its ok), ''here we go again, passing it backwards'' to ''great move, started from the back'', and of course ''pass the ball wes!'' to ''he should have gone on himself''always good entertainment anyway

Difficult to assess the whole crowd. From the off it seemed we just weren''t up for it. Aside from a few individual flashes here and there we looked distinctly pedestrian. this was reflected in the crowd. Thankfully I am in a positive area and we sung songs at Carlisle "We don''t sing in friendlies" really summing up the whole game. The Carlisle fans were excellent, one of the best set of away fans all season. Credit to them.

I think we have almost had too much celebrating. First at Charlton then the next game on becoming Champions, that was the celebration, yesterday was just confirmation of that with the many presentations. The awful weather didn''t help either.

Onto Thursday then, when we can all celebrate en route in the city, especially those who couldn''t get a ticket yesterday.

There are a few around i think persnickety!

Im row B, seat 160 ish.

The contradiction is great, i agree.

You get "FORWARD", followed by "Dont Hoof it", followed by "bloody sideways". Its like having your own in stand version of canary call!

[quote user="Huddy "]Sitting near someone who moaned today for 90 minutes because of the performance. "Chris Martin Cant Shoot" "We wont be any good next season" "Do we deserve the trophy" This was the theme of some of her comments today; it beggars belief; some people really should stay well clear of football. Thorpe Wing, City Stand...there could be some other poor misfortunate sole who has to listen to the garbage week in week out...[/quote]god i was surrounded by them.....fickle fickle fickle..we won the league ffs

Upper Barclay block E, I think I had some of the dregs of humanity around me. Whinge, whinge. AAnd there were two boys who were the most annoying people I have encountered at football. It took them about 10 minutes to comprehend that because Milwall and Swindon were playing each other both of them couldn''t win. Also one bloke managed to call every single player a c**t.

Arthur: Do you sit near the front of the snakepit, city stand side? Just that it could be same guys who then didn''t come back after half time?

[quote user="Huddy "]Sitting near someone who moaned today for 90 minutes because of the performance. "Chris Martin Cant Shoot" "We wont be any good next season" "Do we deserve the trophy" This was the theme of some of her comments today; it beggars belief; some people really should stay well clear of football. Thorpe Wing, City Stand...there could be some other poor misfortunate sole who has to listen to the garbage week in week out...[/quote]

Unfortunately we have to accept that some of our supporters love to watch the football but don''t really have a clue about whats going on. I must admit I was pretty pee''d off with the defending Saturday but for christ sake you can''t moan about it because its been fantastic this season. The women infront of me stops clapping when Chris Martins name is read out but cheered like mad when Otsemobors name was read out [:S]. Some people will just never be pleased.

[quote user="Huddy "]There are a few around i think persnickety! Im row B, seat 160 ish. The contradiction is great, i agree. You get "FORWARD", followed by "Dont Hoof it", followed by "bloody sideways". Its like having your own in stand version of canary call![/quote]

And btw whoever was saying "Forward" and "Don''t hoof it" were right imo, without moaning cause we have had an oustanding season, it was quite clear that we needed to pass the ball forward along the floor quickly.

Week in week out. The guy I sit near in the Jarrold has whinged and moaned all season.

Chris Martin is lazy. Hoolahan shouldnt be in the side as he doesnt contribute, Doc is a donkey. Only player he doesnt moan about is Holt.

He also left at 80 mins yesterday.. as he has done all season.

As I am not able to get to 50% of the home games I have sat in all different areas of the ground this season and can say there are moaners everywhere! In the Jarrold on Saturday and the woamn behind me kept explaining toher mother (?) that Carlisle looked ike champions and we didn''t, she may have had a point on the day, but the fact we could have such a dreadful performance and still win the league by 9points indicates she has seen a good season before that day.They are literally in all areas of the ground....moan moan moan.Best thing to do is drown out their noise with some singing!

I''m getting quite used to the constant moaning, but what really got me on Saturday was the fact that loads of people left early, even though their team was about to be presented with a trophy.

Oh and bring on movers and shakers week!

I wouldn''t waste your time if I were you, they are all over the ground!!!

We were lucky on Saturday. It took the man a few rows behind us a record breaking 32 minutes for him to shout “Korey Smith, you’re a disgrace, get off the pitch”. So at least for the first half an hour we were free from his voice. Of course as complainer in chief it is compulsory to have a voice that can penetrate a lead lined bunker at 100 yards away, and this guy certainly qualifies here.

And we had another gem from “Voice that can penetrate a lead lined bunker at 100 yards away Man” at the Gillingham game. When Hughes was being subbed off, we had a “Korey Smith, he’s a disgrace, can’t believe you’ve not subbed him off Lambert”, whilst not realising that Hughes was struggling and getting Lappin on might give us a little more protection on the left.

A few minutes later we scored, and at least that shut him up for a while.

Usually drown them out with a song. Doesnt take a lot to get the singing going in the snakepit [;)]Have had quite a few sore throats this season.