Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Paul Lambert wanted by West Ham Fans!

[quote user="Chip20"]Genuine question. Over the past, say, ten years, how many Premier League clubs have replaced their sacked/resigned manager directly with one from League 1? If there are any examples, how many of them had no managerial experience above the third tier of English football?[/quote]

Blackburn - Paul Ince.

West ham, Arry redknapp (longer than 10 years admittedly)

was Roberto Martinez in league 1 at the time?

Lambert wont be going to West Ham this summer. Im surprised anyone even considers it a possibilityAvram Grant is supposedly committing to Portsmouth (According to a Pompey mate who im going to the FA Cup final with)Mark Hughes would be the most likely fit for me.Bilic a possibility but he seems happy in Croatia.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Lambert wont be going to West Ham this summer. Im surprised anyone even considers it a possibility

Avram Grant is supposedly committing to Portsmouth (According to a Pompey mate who im going to the FA Cup final with)

Mark Hughes would be the most likely fit for me.

Bilic a possibility but he seems happy in Croatia.
[/quote]

No chance Lambert!

And I thought Mark Hughes, I had a little bet on him I thought 10/1 was worth it!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Chip20"]Genuine question. Over the past, say, ten years, how many Premier League clubs have replaced their sacked/resigned manager directly with one from League 1? If there are any examples, how many of them had no managerial experience above the third tier of English football?[/quote]

Blackburn - Paul Ince.

West ham, Arry redknapp (longer than 10 years admittedly)

was Roberto Martinez in league 1 at the time?

[/quote]

You are quite right with Paul Ince. A slightly alarming precedent (I think his highest managerial experience was League 2 at the time) but hopefully his dismal failure at Premiership level would dissuade others from treading the same path.

''Arry did, indeed, move to top-flight West Ham from lower league Bournemouth, but initially as assistant manager (if my understanding is correct). The stakes are much higher these days, though, and the gulf that much bigger, which makes Blackburn''s recent gamble on Paul Ince even more astounding.

I''m fairly sure Swansea had been in the Championship for at least a year when Roberto Martinez jumped ship.

I would think that a club of West Ham''s stature would want a manager with a more proven pedigree, given that the inexperienced Zola has not been a success.

[quote user="Happy Clapper"][quote user="NCFC91"]

[quote user="Happy Clapper"][|-)]
[/quote]

Very insightful...

[/quote]

[|-)][|-)][/quote]

Oh dear...

[|-)][|-)][|-)]

Tw*t

"Sadly, very true."

Not really - just a reflection on the fact he is bloody good... we can''t have such a good manager, with the inevitable linking to every vacancy that comes up...

... anyway - if I was a West Ham fan, I know I''d want Lambert, too! :)

I think I should probably offer my opinion on this one...
As a West Ham fan I don''t want Paul Lambert. Let him concentrate on getting Norwich back into the Premier League within the next 2/3 seasons. Any link between West Ham and Lambert is a compliment, not a threat.

"Any link between West Ham and Lambert is a compliment, not a threat. "

Nice way to put it! :) Who is on your list of favourites for the role?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]*sigh*[/quote]Why ''sigh'' Morty?....................It can''t just be ignored you know. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/hide.gif[/img][/quote]

Give it a rest Wiz, havent you got a job? Thats now 2 pointless posts youve started today, reminding me why I hardly come on here anymore.
[/quote]

Nope, retired and paid my do''s.

But this isn''t a pointless thread imo, Lambert is now the League 1 manager of the year, and as such, will be courted by ''bigger'' clubs.

That as City supporters, we should be able to discuss, with or without your approval! 

[/quote]

Yes, and what about Houghton (have I spelt that right?) at Newcastle.  Leicsters Manager?  Holloway?  Billy Davis at Forest?  All pretty successful at a higher level.

Fact remains that Lambert is pretty inexperienced - the problem (allegedly) with Zola.  One League Cup Semi (albeit with Wycombe) and a Div 3 title does not a hot property manager make.  Even O Neill didnt really become sought after until he''d not just taken Leicester to the Prem, but to the League Cup and into Europe as well

Stop trying to stir rumours over Lambert as soon as the seasons finished - youre as bad as Cluck.  Yes Lambert WILL go one day - just not yet

"Lambert is on the bookies list.

33/1 but 20/1 with a few others"

Now''s you chance Wiz, make up some of that money you lost on us going into admin last May.

What will influence the decision will be comments nade a couple of months back

Sullivan said: ''I can''t believe the contracts I have inherited. Every position is overpaid, whether in administration or on the playing side. We have made cutbacks already but may have to make another 20 or 30 people redundant in the summer. The club is in a mess, everyone has to pull together.''

He added: ''Everywhere you look there is excess. Everyone is overpaid for the job they do. There are 110 mobile phones being paid for by the club and you have minor people with Blackberry phones and other types.

Kieron Dyer – £83,000

Scott Parker - £60,000

Matthew Upson - £50,000

Benni McCarthy - £38,000

Julien Faubert - £34,000

Herita Ilunga - £33,000

Luis Boa Morte - £31,000

Carlton Cole - £30,000

Radoslav Kovac - £28,000

Valon Behrami - £28,000

Danny Gabbidon - £27,000

Alessandro Diamanti - £25,000

Robert Green - £23,000

Mark Noble - £23,000

Manuel Da Costa - £20,000

Jonathan Spector - £18,000

Crying shame they didn''t go down, as administration would surely have followed. Who in their right mind would want to take on that mess ?

So Arthur,it is a pointless thread as you just stated,"any prem side who have managerial vacancies are going to consider lambert" ..So a thread isnt needed about west ham it if we know all prem clubs will consider lambert as you put it!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]*sigh*[/quote]Why ''sigh'' Morty?....................It can''t just be ignored you know. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/hide.gif[/img][/quote]Great smiley you have there.I think there''ll be a few of these stories this summer, the fact is fans of other clubs will now see Lambert as a promising young manager.  Gold and Sullivan won''t want him though, they will go for an experienced manager who can manage to a tight budget and manage massive Premier League egos.  Mark Hughes is a good bet.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Give it another season and they will be in the championship. The way they treated Zola was a disgrace. Not a happy club with not a happy future[/quote]

I agree - some bad karma around Upton Park lately; who in their right mind would want to work with those two slimey Pearly Kings?

I know they''ve inherited a juicy wage bill (is Kieron Dyer really paid all that whilst unfit?) - but it was their choice to purchase the West Ham wasn''t it?

Providing PL stays with Norwich he could well pass the next Hammers manager coming the other way into the Championship next season anyway.

Lambo''s job at Norwich is a nice job in a pleasant area - I think he knows that already...

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Any link between West Ham and Lambert is a compliment, not a threat. " Nice way to put it! :) Who is on your list of favourites for the role?[/quote]

Mark Hughes without a doubt, but I fear Avram Grant will come in alongside Steve Clarke who is staying.