Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Paul Lambert wanted by West Ham Fans!

[quote user="morty"]*sigh*[/quote]Why ''sigh'' Morty?....................It can''t just be ignored you know. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/hide.gif[/img]

I don''t think it''s a job he would enjoy. I think his hands would be tied on a lot of issues. I am fairly confident he will be here next season

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]*sigh*[/quote]Why ''sigh'' Morty?....................It can''t just be ignored you know. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/hide.gif[/img][/quote]oh yes it can...they(Gold and co)will want a bigger name

[IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/frazer.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]*sigh*[/quote]Why ''sigh'' Morty?....................It can''t just be ignored you know. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/hide.gif[/img][/quote]Give it a rest Wiz, havent you got a job? Thats now 2 pointless posts youve started today, reminding me why I hardly come on here anymore.

I dont think this a pointless thread and any premiership clubs who have managerial vacancies are going to consider PL on there radars. In saying that, he was,i believe, prepared to turn his back on Celtic so that suggests hes got unfinished business in wanting to take us as far as possible before jumping the Gun and joining bigger clubs.

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]*sigh*[/quote]Why ''sigh'' Morty?....................It can''t just be ignored you know. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/hide.gif[/img][/quote]

Give it a rest Wiz, havent you got a job? Thats now 2 pointless posts youve started today, reminding me why I hardly come on here anymore.
[/quote]

Nope, retired and paid my do''s.

But this isn''t a pointless thread imo, Lambert is now the League 1 manager of the year, and as such, will be courted by ''bigger'' clubs.

That as City supporters, we should be able to discuss, with or without your approval! 

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Barclayman"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]*sigh*[/quote]Why ''sigh'' Morty?....................It can''t just be ignored you know. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/hide.gif[/img][/quote]Give it a rest Wiz, havent you got a job? Thats now 2 pointless posts youve started today, reminding me why I hardly come on here anymore.[/quote]

Nope, retired and paid my do''s.

But this isn''t a pointless thread imo, Lambert is now the League 1 manager of the year, and as such, will be courted by ''bigger'' clubs.

That as City supporters, we should be able to discuss, with or without your approval! 

[/quote]My honest opinion is that Lambert hasn''t really proven anything yet. If he has a good season next time then I''d maybe be concerned with stuff like this.They will be looking for someone much bigger than Lambert, with proven premiership credentials.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Wonder if Roeder''s posted his CV.....[/quote]

Hahaha spoke to mymate in who is a Hammers fan, can''t publish what he said about Roeder

[quote user="The Irish Messi"]Did anyone see Boa Morte''s comments on MOTD
Think it sums up how much control a manager has there..[/quote]No, what was said???

[quote user="morty"]To dispel panic, SSN has just stated Avram Grant is odds on.
[/quote]

Lambert was odds on for the Burnley job at one point. [;)]

But seriously, come on, lets not worry about this one they want a ''bigger'' name...Avram Grant, Slaven Bilic, Mark Hughes etc...

*yawn*

Lamberts name will be mentioned for every job vacancy in the top 2 divisions for as long as we have him.

Fans don''t appoint managers. How many of our fans have got their preferred candidates for the job here in recent years?

[quote user="Queen B"]

Fans don''t appoint managers. How many of our fans have got their preferred candidates for the job here in recent years?

[/quote]

Gunn....a lot of people wanted him when he first got the job......(the facebook campaing and all [:P])

I think Wiz is only really bringing up a valid point, most people will know Lambert will at least be talked about, Wiz has just been the first to bring it up....

You know, perversley, I wish Lambert would just bugger off somewhere else. At least we we wouldn''t have to put up with these kind of threads every 5 minutes....... [:|]Then we can go back to having a crap manager that no-one else wants...........Ahhhhh..... That''s better.......[:|]

Gold and Sullivan will have there sights set on bigger names IMO. Not worried by this.

[quote user="First Jedi"]*yawn* Lamberts name will be mentioned for every job vacancy in the top 2 divisions for as long as we have him.[/quote]Sadly, very true.

Genuine question. Over the past, say, ten years, how many Premier League clubs have replaced their sacked/resigned manager directly with one from League 1? If there are any examples, how many of them had no managerial experience above the third tier of English football?

Funnily enough my friends who support West Ham only the other week were boasting what a phenominal manager Zola and also telling me how Lambert is a pub team manager