Sign in to follow this  
Cov Canary

Goood Signings?

Im gonna join in to the rumours going round and name who i think would be some good signings,

Being from coventry i hear alot about Coventry football club, I have seen some possibly very good signings,

People likes

-Elliot Ward - Out of favour at Coventry but a damn good player!

Other players

-Beevers - Since Sheffield Wednesday going down im sure he''ll want to play higher football

- Llanana - Southampton, he is a quality player, its just the case of will they let him go?

-What about the players from peterborogh? Boyd, McClean and Mackail-smith?

What do you think?

Elliot Ward- Would be a very good signing imo but a lot depends on Coventrys managerial situation, new manager could come in and rate him. Also CB is one of our strongest areas and £££ would be better spent elsewhere. Beevers- Good player at Championship level and pretty sure he will leave Shef wed, surley a realstic signing but again do we need another CB?. Llanana-Quality player but no chance with this one im afraid, Southampton might be a league bellow us but they can afford to offer higher wages also he is from the area and im 99% sure he is very happy at Saints and doesnt want to leave. Boyd- Unrealitic imo i think there will be bigger and richer clubs after Boyd than us, Forest for example. McClean- Very overated, didnt cut it in the Championship and poor attitude. Not a Lambert signing Mackail-smith- Looks a good player to me who could score a fair few in the Championship, could be a potential signing but it think we would be competing with quite a few other sides for his signature. Preston are intersted supposedly and he might favour them over us for the chance to work with Fergie JR again.

A few decent suggestions there but Lallana would cost £3m+, Southampton are loaded and i''m sure Lallana would only leave for a Premiership club.We simply can''t afford to bring in £1m+ players, our revenue is increasing by £3/4m, there is no way the club can afford to pay those sort of transfers fees on top of wages & signing on fees. I do trust Lambert to bring in the right players over the summer and we won''t be drawn into a relegation scrap.

I''ve mentioned Ward and Beevers before and could see either of those two being quite good signings. I think Lambert is quite eager to sign another centre back- i''m not 100% sure why but I''ve heard alot about it. Adding to one of those two I''d like to see Andy Griffin (cheap!)/ Kevin Amankwaah, Albert Adomah, Lee Frecklington (I know he was amazing at Lincoln and migh not figure in Johnsons plans) ''and either Billy Paynter (apparantly his contract is up) or Adam LeFondre join. It''d be good to see some form of Left Back come in too, duo who though!