I''ve thought long and hard about this and I think he''ll stay not only until the end of the season but also beyond that. If we stay up, he''s staying. It''s as simple as that. If we go down, fair cop he should go to further his own career.

My reason for this is that who is he realistically likely to go to?

Arsenal - Apparently the odds on favourite to get him. Not if they buy Marcos, a World Cup winner.
Aston Villa - Got a top quality keeper in Sorensen. Would rather spend money to bolster rest of squad.
Birmingham - See Aston Villa.
Blackburn - Friedel looking more and more shaky and Hughes may be looking for a replacement. However relegation is a real threat.
Bolton - I don''t think they would be looking to replace Jaaskelainen but if he leaves they could be in the market. However Allardyce doesn''t spend money and there could be geographical issues.
Charlton - Age is against Dean Kiely but probably has a few more years left in him. However, Curbishley knows a great player so could be interested.
Chelsea - They don''t need him. However they might buy him anyway.
Palace - If Green dares to join these idiots then I never want to hear is name in Norwich again. Even if they stay up.
Everton - Martyn is a top keeper and with probably the best English goalkeeper sitting on the bench (yes I know he''s a former binner but he''s the best English keeper i''ve seen play) the future is bright and without Green.
Fulham - The saga over Van Der Saar continues but if he goes Green could be a target.
Liverpool - Got Kirkland and Dudek. 2 internationals and Kirkland is apparently the future England No. 1. Yeah right.
Man City - With James losing his England place and still playing with the odd howler he could be replaced. Geographical issues.
Man Utd - I think these are the biggest threat to us. With Carroll and Howard not up to the job Fergie''s not afraid to replace them. However he is likely to go for a big name with European and international experience.
Middlesboro - Looking to keep Schwarzer but not doing a very good job of it. Green''s already been linked and McClaren knows what he can do.
Newcastle - Would not be looking to replace Given.
Portsmouth - With Redknapp gone and Mandaric finally getting his own way they could replace the aging Hislop. Then again they''ll probably go for a Croat.
Southampton - Would not be looking to replace Niemi.
Spurs - Apparently Robinson is Englands No. 1 so they don''t need Green.
WBA - See Palace.

Thank you and good night.

Nicely researched post Martino - thanks for the thoughts.

Still, sounds like there are or at least could be quite a few takers in there - as ever depending on circumstances, and our asking price of course.  Shame really if he has to go.  I would say at the very least £6 million, which I believe is what Arsenal paid some two-bit Suffolk club for Richard Wright (though I''m open to corrections)!

I really really don''t think Green''s going to Arsenal. Why would Arsenal buy him. They''ve got Jens Lehmann, who despite the fumbles, conceded less goals in the Prem last season than any other keeper. Also the impending arrival of a Brazilian WORLD CUP WINNING goalkeeper is going to keep even Lehmann on the bench. With Marcos, Lehmann, Almunia, Taylor and Stack (the last 2 will leave with Taylor to Leicester and Stack to prison) all on the books where is there room for Green. He says that he has England aspirations but he''ll be further down the pecking order because he won''t play. He''ll rot in the reserves and emerge in years to come to be a fizzy pop player.

I believe Martino!! you have a point and have made it very well.   Other teams will have noticed Greeno is a very good shot stopper but IMO he is young and still has a great deal to learn, and has to improve his game in many departments to come anywhere near the Excellent Sandy Kennon and the immortal Ken Nethercott.

They were very quick to see outfield danger and often took command of the 18 and six yard areas to allow our defence to play further up field.  They were much more athletic and took high cross balls without effort and having the ball in their complete control they were able to give the team another option. 

They were awake enough not to be lobbed, except Kennon on two occasions in his long arrear.  Greeno has to become much more assertive in his command of these critical areas, for in a well marshalled defence he can almost take on a sweepers roll.  It is when the lad has become skilled in all those fields that he will be hunted by the MU''s and Arsenals and then for mega-bucks.

[quote]I really really don''t think Green''s going to Arsenal. Why would Arsenal buy him. They''ve got Jens Lehmann, who despite the fumbles, conceded less goals in the Prem last season than any other keeper. A...[/quote]

I see your point Martino but...  There is no guarantee they''ll get Marcos.  Lehmann isn''t good enough.  I know I''m not an Arsenal fan and only see them on MOTD but I don''t think he''s that special.  He''s also getting on a bit.  And with Alumnia, Stack and Taylor two of them are already out on loan.  Green is IMO the next best goalkeeper after Robinson and his value will only increase in the coming years.  He''s good enough to go to Arsenal and I think they''ll go for him

[quote]Boro.Mark my words.[/quote]

I think it will be Boro that he goes to, apparently schwartser(spe) is refusing to sign a new contract and is in line for a move to man utd which will pave the way for green''s signing.

At the end of the day knowbody can act suprised we all knew it was coming when worthy signed two keepers at the start of the season, if we can get over four mil for him i think its good business.MAYBE

arsenal - swap with bently (and cash)

but at the moment bently doesnt seem so big to keep, id defently rather keep greeno!

Quote : but at the moment bently doesnt seem so big to keep, id defently rather keep greeno!

Yep, I would definitely keep Greeno over Bentley.

I still think Greeno will go in the summer, if not before.

I fancy an outside bet on him going to Man Ure. Maybe a swap for Louis Saha........if he accepts a wage cut, but he''s fourth in line behind Van Nistelrooy, Rooney and Smith.