Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Stats this season.

-lappin made the most apps(50)

-macnamee made 17 games. [:O]

-russell martin made 26 games [:O]

-our home average attendance for all games this season was lower than last by 400!

these really suprised me!

These REALLY surprise me...[:D]

There are more than 500 varieties of banana in the world.

Banana plants are the largest plants on earth without a woody stem. They are actually giant herbs of the same family as lilies, orchids and palms.

A cluster of bananas is called a hand and consists of 10 to 20 bananas, which are known as fingers.

The word ''banan'' is Arabic for finger.

Bananas are one of the few fruits that ripen best off the plant. If left on the plant, the fruit splits open and the pulp has a "cottony" texture and flavor. Even in tropical growing areas, bananas for domestic consumption are cut green and stored in moist shady places to ripen slowly.

As bananas ripen, the starch in the fruit turns to sugar. Therefore, the riper the banana the sweeter it will taste.

In 2001, there were more than 300 banana-related accidents in Britain, most involving people slipping on skins.

Bananas are perennial crops that are grown and harvested year-round. The banana plant does not grow from a seed but rather from a rhizome or bulb. Each fleshy bulb will sprout new shoots year after year.

In Eastern Africa you can buy banana beer. This beer is brewed from bananas.

In South East Asia, the banana leaf is used to wrap food (in the place of plastic bags and cling wraps), providing a unique flavor and aroma to nasi lemak and the Indian banana leaf rice.

India is by far the largest world producer of bananas, growing 16.5 million tonnes in 2002, followed by Brazil which produced 6.5 million tonnes of bananas in 2002. To the Indians, the flower from the banana tree is sacred. During religious and important ceremonies such as weddings, banana flowers are tied around the head, for they believe this will bring good luck.

Some horticulturists suspect that the banana was the earth''s first fruit. Banana plants have been in cultivation since the time of recorded history. One of the first records of bananas dates back to Alexander The Great''s conquest of India where he first discovered bananas in 327 B.C.

The banana plant reaches its full height of 15 to 30 feet in about one year. The trunk of a banana plant is made of sheaths of overlapping leaves, tightly wrapped around each other like celery stalks.

The phrase ''going bananas'' was first recorded in the Oxford English Dictionary, and is linked to the fruit''s ''comic'' connections with monkeys.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

-our home average attendance for all games this season was lower than last by 400!

[/quote]

I''m guessing as you are around the 15 year mark?

The average age to get a girlfriend is 15.

Try it Nana, it may not help your post count but it sure as hell will stop this board getting clogged with pointless posts

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

Try it Nana, it may not help your post count but it sure as hell will stop this board getting clogged with pointless posts

[/quote]Perhaps there is a young man out there for him.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Perhaps there is a young man out there for him.
[/quote]

Brendan!!

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Perhaps there is a young man out there for him. [/quote]

Brendan!!

[/quote]I thought everyone would say me because everyone hates me [:^)]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

1) A cluster of bananas is called a hand and consists of 10 to 20 bananas, which are known as fingers.
The word ''banan'' is Arabic for finger.

2) Bananas are one of the few fruits that ripen best off the plant. If left on the plant, the fruit splits open and the pulp has a "cottony" texture and flavor. Even in tropical growing areas, bananas for domestic consumption are cut green and stored in moist shady places to ripen slowly.

3) As bananas ripen, the starch in the fruit turns to sugar. Therefore, the riper the banana the sweeter it will taste.

4) In 2001, there were more than 300 banana-related accidents in Britain, most involving people slipping on skins.

5) In Eastern Africa you can buy banana beer. This beer is brewed from bananas.

6) Some horticulturists suspect that the banana was the earth''s first fruit. Banana plants have been in cultivation since the time of recorded history. One of the first records of bananas dates back to Alexander The Great''s conquest of India where he first discovered bananas in 327 B.C.

[/quote]

1) So the secret message behind Nana''s name is that he''s giving you the finger?

2) If left off the plant in front of an Ipod, football internet message boards often get filled with comments

3) Nana''s taste I''ll leave to others, thankyou very much.......

4) So what?  In 2009 and 2010 there have been more than 5000 banana related incidents on one internet message board alone

5) You dont say??

6) That stuffs the Adam & Eve theory then.  Maybe Nana is older than he claims?

I dont hate you PUPs but if it makes you feel better we can put in a good word for you.  Nana, would you like to go out with PUPs?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]Only because it''s heavily skewed by the Brentford JPT and Sunderland CC games. Last season there was only one low attendance like that which was the Charlton FA Cup Replay.Sorry for actually responding to the post. [:$]