Sign in to follow this  
Eadienhucks

Parachute money aint going to change a thing!!

When teams came down from the prem in say 2000...they would still have the money to have first choice on players..we and most teams would then get the best of the rest.league 1/championship etc etc....NOTHINGS CHANGED!
The new parachute money etc aint going to make that much difference as the cost of the players etc and contracts will reflect this for those clubs AND THE REST OF US WILL STILL HAVE THE PICK FROM THE REST IN LEAGUE 1/CHAMPIONSHIP ETC..

All the prem has done is to try to stop some clubs from folding or going into administration,because they are virtually forced,by their fans, demanding prem type players..and players/agents already there,demanding parity reflecting their new status..Lokk at some of the clubs recently that have suffered,and still suffering!
We are lucky in some respect as for some reason,a lot of players within the game,seem to see norfolk as an ideal family place...(Dion talking on sky about our chances next season) ..So stop all this "The world is about to end c###" ..We have heard it all before and will hear it all again

Yes, but by giving them enough money to advoid relegation, they are giving them enough money to keep their prem players and hence walk over the championship.

I thought at the very elast if Pompey or Hull struggled, more teams would follow the way Burnley acted this year, now its just getting stupid

[quote user="Anonymous"]

Yes, but by giving them enough money to advoid relegation, they are giving them enough money to keep their prem players and hence walk over the championship.

I thought at the very elast if Pompey or Hull struggled, more teams would follow the way Burnley acted this year, now its just getting stupid

[/quote]

Administration!

[quote user="Anonymous"]

[/quote]

But my point is,they have always been giving that extra buck to help them..and they always had first choice on players ..Just because the money has gone up,all it will mean is the greedy players they have will want a bigger slice,and any new players they want will magically all of a sudden have a nought or two added to his worth! ..

BUT - if you give them more money they will still spend it all on players and agents.

Their books won''t be any healthier - their turnover will just go up and the gambles they take will get bigger!

It is madness.

[quote user="Eadienhucks"][quote user="Anonymous"]

[/quote]

But my point is,they have always been giving that extra buck to help them..and they always had first choice on players ..Just because the money has gone up,all it will mean is the greedy players they have will want a bigger slice,and any new players they want will magically all of a sudden have a nought or two added to his worth! ..

[/quote]

Ok, I originally though you were justifying what the prem was doing, but yeah I agree, they are just making what is already a problem a bigger one.

also if teams like WBA yoyo between the divisions, assuming the parachute payment is spread to the remaining championship teams...the situation we have now between the prem & championship will be passed on between the Championship & league 1

parachute payments didnt do us, charlton, southampton any good did they. doubling it wont make too much difference or create a big gap between champiosnhip clubs and the relaged prem clubs. if your a well run, organised club you can compete in the championship, blackpool have proved this

[quote user="UEA Canary"]parachute payments didnt do us, charlton, southampton any good did they. doubling it wont make too much difference or create a big gap between champiosnhip clubs and the relaged prem clubs. if your a well run, organised club you can compete in the championship, blackpool have proved this[/quote]

I think it will hurt the Prem clubs more than the ''have nots''.  They will carry on spending but without going up. 

3 teams will come down from the Prem each year - only 3 teams can go up.  Unless the same 3 teams bounce backwards and forwards (probably the Prems plan - you effectively have a closed shop of 23) which is quite unlikely then in 1st year you''ll have 3 teams with parachute payments, 2nd year possibly 6, 3rd year 9 etc.  Eventually the parachute payments will run out for the initial teams - and you can bet your life that rather than scaling back they will be spending more in the folorn hope of competing with those still coming down from the Prem.

As mentioned elsewhere its madness - its not just bad for the FL, its bad for the lower Prem teams too.  I wouldnt mind betting that 10-20 teams of the current 92 go bust in the next 10 years - whereas the FL havent seen a member club go under since Aldershot in the 80s - and Prem clubs wont be exempt.  Expect to see more Portsmouth-style situations as clubs desparately try and hang on to their status.  Funnily enough I think the clubs to do best will be the Morcambes, Dagenhams etc - no chance of the Prem and no pressure to overspend, carrying on as usual whilst those above them crash and burn

Agreed but its not a new problem it hasnt changed..market forces and all that will eat up their money..Its about time they address the problem in full..from scratch..for instance all clubs should recieve position money from the tv money etc with the prem clubs getting 25% more for the equilivent postion..But the relegated sides should get the same as the postion money for promotion...Im not sure about capping players wages for the prem with bonus`s for performances achieved....A thought put forward on sky sports once (sunday morning show),as this may restrict some players coming over here?

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]Im not sure about capping players wages for the prem with bonus`s for performances achieved....A thought put forward on sky sports once (sunday morning show),as this may restrict some players coming over here?[/quote]IMO it would be a good thing, the Premier is full of over paid foreign Prima Donna''s, managed by foreign manages at clubs that are owned by wealthy foreigners, the sooner this is stopped the better.

It''s maybe the footballer''s secret agents - that probably assist in burying the parachute payments....

Agents are just leeches who like Sky and the Premier League are

ruining the game that we all love.I''ve never understood why there is a need for agents, surely the PFA look after players interests and could represent players when contracts needed signing.

Again agreed,agents need to be eradicated from football completely..There is no need for them and last season,i couldnt believe the one working(thats a laugh!),for clingers, tried to squeeze money out of coventry,even though he wasnt involved at all as coleman negotiated directly with clingers and norwich!

On the other point about foreigners being over paid prima donnas...i do think they have enriched our game since the late 80`s  so dont want that removed from our game