Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Dion Dublin the manager?

apparently he could be inline for the Coventry job? I''d love to see him in management, although a spell at number 2 would do him the world of good.

I would be very wary of appointing ex players with no managerial experience.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]I would be very wary of appointing ex players with no managerial experience.[:)][/quote]really? did you have someone in mind?

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="morty"]I would be very wary of appointing ex players with no managerial experience.[:)][/quote]really? did you have someone in mind?[/quote]Nope, just one of those late night kinda sweeping generalisations.[:P]

He was on soccer am recently and although he didn''t exactly rule out going into management, he basically indicated he didn''t really have an interest in getting back into it right now and was enjoying his time off from the game. I think walking back into management, especially at the deep end of the Championship, wouldn''t be his preferred choice right now.He''s a natural leader though, so I wouldn''t have thought he''d make a horrible manager at all. For every Gunn and Shearer, there''s a Cappello!

I remember thinking at the time Peter Grant left that Dion should have been made temporary player manager. Instead, Duffy was made caretaker and promptly lost all of the threee games he was in charge.

I felt that Dublin had the respect of the fans and of a dishevelled squad, would have led by example and that it was a gamble worth taking under the circumstances.

If he had been an instant success, then our recent history would have been very different. No Roeders, no Gunns, no relegation? Probably less debt also. We have now turned the corner, but it could have all been less painful with less stereotype boardroom decisions.

There is something about Dion Dublin which suggests that he has yet got a lot to offer the game in some capacity.

It will be a good, and popular move for Coventry.  A player''s player and a fan''s player. I, for one hope that he is a success.

I really believe the man has his priorities right, he he foremost a family man, (i always felt he looked kind of lost wondering about the city when his wife and kids moved back to the midlands), but the Coventry job, if true would suit his midlands lifestyle down to a tee.

Personally I''d be surprised if he jumped straight into a Championship team,  he doesn''t seem the kind of person to rush into a relatively high profiled position with little experience.However I certainly think he can be one to look out for in the future, if he goes back into coaching and management that is [:P]

[quote user="freddyf105"]He could have a job at Cambridge nyway- the whole club is run by idiots![/quote]

sorry I mean''t anyday! [:$]

Would this be a popular appointment for cov fans? I seem to remember a lot of animosity towards dublin when he left for villa.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]apparently he could be inline for the Coventry job? I''d love to see him in management, although a spell at number 2 would do him the world of good.[/quote]for Jew...

[quote user="Gash"]What has the Jewish race got to do with anything. There are a lot of people on here that need to grow up![/quote]ha ha.. i am taking that as sarcasm gash... anything to push on to that 400th post.  I was simply letting jew know we were discussing this matter only yesterday.