Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Pipped at the post....attendance....

[quote user="First Jedi"]"I think attendance should go on percentage of what your ground holds" Go for it! No one is stopping you![/quote]

Then I will!!!! Yay! We got the highest average attendance!!! Results as follows:

NCFC : 95%

Saints : 64%

Charlton : 64%

LUFC : 63%

This reminds of when we played Sheffield Wednesday in 06/07. They overtook our average attendance for the season because we brought about 5,000 away fans for the last game of the season. Its a real shame about our ground capacity as there are potentially about 4,000 extra supporters who could be accomodated if the team was doing well in the championship.  I don''t blame the club for building the hotel because financially it probably made a lot more sense than an infill. You would have obviously lost a fair bit of the infill to segregation and would have required extra police for that side of the ground. The only logical solution as we have said many times before appears to be that something has to be done with the City Stand. However we simply don''t have the money to do that, plus I don''t think we''d be guranteed the gates of 30,000 plus to justify it.

Agree with this last point. IMO you can''t consider your club a "big" club if your stadium capacity is less than 30K.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]This reminds of when we played Sheffield Wednesday in 06/07. They overtook our average attendance for the season because we brought about 5,000 away fans for the last game of the season. Its a real shame about our ground capacity as there are potentially about 4,000 extra supporters who could be accomodated if the team was doing well in the championship.  I don''t blame the club for building the hotel because financially it probably made a lot more sense than an infill. You would have obviously lost a fair bit of the infill to segregation and would have required extra police for that side of the ground. The only logical solution as we have said many times before appears to be that something has to be done with the City Stand. However we simply don''t have the money to do that, plus I don''t think we''d be guranteed the gates of 30,000 plus to justify it.[/quote]The 39,000 sell out wasn''t a reason? I do wonder how big a crowd we could get in stadiums like Elland Road or Hillsborough week in week out or particularly for the big games, i''ve heard in the past demand for games against Ipswich is over 40,000.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

Don''t really get your point. The attendance at Hillsborough was around 28,000 that day. http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/football/Sheffield-Wednesday-3-Norwich-City.2858218.jp

[/quote]My mistake i assumed you meant when we went there the last game of the season a couple of years ago.when it was sold out with 5,000 City fans there as well.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]This reminds of when we played Sheffield Wednesday in 06/07. They overtook our average attendance for the season because we brought about 5,000 away fans for the last game of the season. Its a real shame about our ground capacity as there are potentially about 4,000 extra supporters who could be accomodated if the team was doing well in the championship.  I don''t blame the club for building the hotel because financially it probably made a lot more sense than an infill. You would have obviously lost a fair bit of the infill to segregation and would have required extra police for that side of the ground. The only logical solution as we have said many times before appears to be that something has to be done with the City Stand. However we simply don''t have the money to do that, plus I don''t think we''d be guranteed the gates of 30,000 plus to justify it.[/quote]The 39,000 sell out wasn''t a reason? I do wonder how big a crowd we could get in stadiums like Elland Road or Hillsborough week in week out or particularly for the big games, i''ve heard in the past demand for games against Ipswich is over 40,000.[/quote]The last Ipswich game was sold out a month before the game took place so it''s entirely possible that is the case although I''d say nearer 35k in the Championship and 40k is definitely a possibility in the prem

Interesting that 13 of the other team''s highest attendance was when Leeds came to town, while we had only one other teams highest home attendance which was at Colchester!

Perhaps Leeds have more fans willing to travel or are a bigger pull for other home fans.

leeds do have a much larger away support than ours, there city is what 3,4 times the size of ours and our away support has a large share of people who have left our county so you could argue that leeds also have a much larger proportion of supporters living out of city. They had enormouse success in the past and will have their fair share of glory hunters with no connection to leeds, for example man utd would sell out any away end anywhere in the country with just people who have no connection to the team or city.

But normally there would only be a set % of away fans allowed to attend! Or do they get a bigger allowance - strange considering their ''reputation''!

It is the problem with our ground capacity. We have a regular 25 000 or so but the lack of capacity prevents us from getting the odd 30 to 35000 which we could achieve in crunch games and certain cup ties

Most of Leeds'' away matches this season have been down south. But woth support all over the country, that''s not a problem. The "city" of Leeds shows hardly any loyalty/links with the club.

[quote user="Ian Crooks Arse"]Hi,Have you taken into account the varying ticket/season ticket prices at both clubs?

[/quote]What has that got to do with attendance figures?

Only cause their ground holds nearly 40,000 while ours only holds 25550 after the ridiculous amounts of segregation they use in the Jarold stand!

- Look at Arsenals ground on the box and you''ll see their segregation space would be less than half the seats our club cover up so they can''t be used!

If we had similar amounts of segregation that Arsenal do I''m sure we''d have about 200 extra seats available!

Yes an increased capacity is what Carrow Road needs but that''ll only happen when we have the finances - Premiership or rich investors!

With seating in front of the hotel and an upper tier for the City stand, Carrow Road would hold about 32/33,000 which would be much better than it is now!

I would say quite a lot morty old bean. If everyone who goes to the game has to pay more money than another set of supporters then there will obviously be less in the more expensive stadium.

Do you want banana''s dunces hat?

[quote user="Gash"]I would say quite a lot morty old bean. If everyone who goes to the game has to pay more money than another set of supporters then there will obviously be less in the more expensive stadium.

Do you want banana''s dunces hat?[/quote]Well we should have won then, as our season tickets cost less than Leeds.The hat is yours.[:)]

[quote user="Gash"]I''m not even gonna respond to that..............[/quote]I think "owned" is the word you are looking for.[:)]

Ok then I shall respond. The reason that leeds had the highest attendance is because of the fact that they have a bigger stadium however price is related to this you see if they decided to charge a quid per game then they would obviously sell out every game and vice versa. So therefore do you not see why your statement about cost being unrelated is a bit silly?

[quote user="Gash"]Ok then I shall respond. The reason that leeds had the highest attendance is because of the fact that they have a bigger stadium however price is related to this you see if they decided to charge a quid per game then they would obviously sell out every game and vice versa. So therefore do you not see why your statement about cost being unrelated is a bit silly?[/quote]The thread is about bums on seats, not how you get them there.