Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Dickson Etuhu in the Champions League Final

[quote user="morty"]Harsh on Fulham.
[/quote]

Yeah, it was always going to be a struggle for them once Bobby Zamora went off. They''re a better team unit than Atletico but had nobody to carry the same threat as Zamora upfront.

Atletico are nothing special defensively or in the middle of the park but obviously upfront Aguero and Forlan are very dangerous players. And those 2 were the difference in the end even though for large parts of the game Atleti didn''t play particularly well.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Didn''t we do this to death last week???[/quote]

Yes, but Cherub normally operates in the world beyond. [:D]

[/quote]

I have a life you see . . . far too busy helping with the election to keep up with what''s happening on here [:D]

[/quote]

I hope this means you are supportive of your new Prime Minister Cherub? A rhetorical question unless you feel inclined to share your political leanings.

[/quote]

NR3 would be Chloe "Monobrow" Smith''s constituency.

[/quote]

Actually no, I''m right on the edge in Norwich South. 

I was campaigning for the Lib Dems and thrilled to bits with the result EXCEPT how ridiculous is this first past the post system!  Simon Wright won by just 310 votes. 

To answer Yankee''s enquiry, my political leanings are towards the Lib Dems.  I''ve been voting Lib Dem for 18 years because I believe in democracy and want electoral reform, starting with a voting system where the number of seats corresponds to the number of votes.  Democracy needs to be built on firm foundations.

All political parties represent a spectrum of views and I''m pretty much in the middle of the Lib Dems.  Above all I believe in the saying "politics is the art of the possible" and have little patience with self-indulgent ideologues.  I''m not unsympathic to Cameron''s modernising brand of Toryism, in particular his emphasis on community service and volunteering.  I believe Cameron has a lot to gain from his alliance with the Lib Dems since he''s closer to Clegg politically than to some of the right wing nutters in his own party.

In this coalition government the Tories have 307 seats and the Lib Dems 57, which makes it sound as though the Lib Dems are just making up the numbers. But it''s not as simple as that.  The Tories had 36% of the vote and the Lib Dems 23%.  Under PR, with the same share of the vote the Tories would have had about 220 seats and Lib Dems about 150.  Case proved for PR I feel.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Didn''t we do this to death last week???[/quote]

Yes, but Cherub normally operates in the world beyond. [:D]

[/quote]

I have a life you see . . . far too busy helping with the election to keep up with what''s happening on here [:D]

[/quote]

I hope this means you are supportive of your new Prime Minister Cherub? A rhetorical question unless you feel inclined to share your political leanings.

[/quote]

NR3 would be Chloe "Monobrow" Smith''s constituency.

[/quote]

Actually no, I''m right on the edge in Norwich South. 

I was campaigning for the Lib Dems and thrilled to bits with the result EXCEPT how ridiculous is this first past the post system!  Simon Wright won by just 310 votes. 

To answer Yankee''s enquiry, my political leanings are towards the Lib Dems.  I''ve been voting Lib Dem for 18 years because I believe in democracy and want electoral reform, starting with a voting system where the number of seats corresponds to the number of votes.  Democracy needs to be built on firm foundations.

All political parties represent a spectrum of views and I''m pretty much in the middle of the Lib Dems.  Above all I believe in the saying "politics is the art of the possible" and have little patience with self-indulgent ideologues.  I''m not unsympathic to Cameron''s modernising brand of Toryism, in particular his emphasis on community service and volunteering.  I believe Cameron has a lot to gain from his alliance with the Lib Dems since he''s closer to Clegg politically than to some of the right wing nutters in his own party.

In this coalition government the Tories have 307 seats and the Lib Dems 57, which makes it sound as though the Lib Dems are just making up the numbers. But it''s not as simple as that.  The Tories had 36% of the vote and the Lib Dems 23%.  Under PR, with the same share of the vote the Tories would have had about 220 seats and Lib Dems about 150.  Case proved for PR I feel.

[/quote]

So, in a game of football do you think the winners should give some points to the losers on the basis that the losers came second in the game?

The problem with PR is that politicians become more interested in the politics than in making the country a better place.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="morty"]Harsh on Fulham.
[/quote]

Yeah, it was always going to be a struggle for them once Bobby Zamora went off. They''re a better team unit than Atletico but had nobody to carry the same threat as Zamora upfront.

Atletico are nothing special defensively or in the middle of the park but obviously upfront Aguero and Forlan are very dangerous players. And those 2 were the difference in the end even though for large parts of the game Atleti didn''t play particularly well.

[/quote]

I was a bit disappointed with Fulham''s lack of adventure to be honest. Their build up was ponderous to say the least and I felt that Etuhu and Murphy sat too deep as the game went on.

The tactics used reminded me of Hodgson''s Malmo against Forest in the 1979 European Cup Final,ie lots of men behind the ball, soak up pressure and try to play on the break.

Clearly the lack of a fully fit Zamora was a huge handicap as Gera disappeared after he went off, Dempsey was anonymous and Nevland spent most of the evening offside. Atletico, while never playing that well, were deserving winners, but Fulham''s spirit was commendable.