Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Your favourite close season rumour of all time

And I''m talking proper ones.....those that got wide coverage/credence...not those posted by spotty herberts on dodgy websites

The Shola Amoebi rumours which seemed to follow us round for about 2/3 seasons.

[quote user="Dion DublinLegend"]Easy: the "Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink will become the next Norwich City manager" rumour is hard to beat. Made it onto SkySports!![/quote]That is probably one of the most abstract ones lol, I don''t think there was even a little bit of truth in it!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dion DublinLegend"]Easy: the "Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink will become the next Norwich City manager" rumour is hard to beat. Made it onto SkySports!![/quote]

That is probably one of the most abstract ones lol, I don''t think there was even a little bit of truth in it!
[/quote]

Well it certainly suckered someone.....[;)]

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1803814/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dion DublinLegend"]Easy: the "Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink will become the next Norwich City manager" rumour is hard to beat. Made it onto SkySports!![/quote]That is probably one of the most abstract ones lol, I don''t think there was even a little bit of truth in it![/quote]

[/quote]Hahahahahaha!!!(I thought, for a horrible moment, that the thread was going to be me saying it was a good idea lol)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Dion DublinLegend"]Easy: the "Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink will become the next Norwich City manager" rumour is hard to beat. Made it onto SkySports!![/quote]

That is probably one of the most abstract ones lol, I don''t think there was even a little bit of truth in it!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hahahahahaha!!!

(I thought, for a horrible moment, that the thread was going to be me saying it was a good idea lol)
[/quote]

I had the same concern, but having read it I was relieved to find that I was being my usual cynical self [:)]

[quote user="Darren Lamb"]

What about the Steffen Iversen one?

[/quote]The Iversen one was quite true, though. A deal had effectively been agreed, only for his club (Rosenborg) to go back on it when they found - rather to their surprise - that they''d qualified for the UEFA Cup (or whatever it is called nowadays) and decided they wanted to hold on to the player.Roeder was quoted as saying he might have to go over to Norway to remind Rosenborg that they had a deal. And a Rosenborg spokesman was quoted in the EDP as saying that circumstances (ie, the UEFA Cup thing) had changed, so regrettably...

Not a close season rumour, nor from this forum - but once, on the official NCFC forum, someone swore blind that in the January transfer window of the season we were in the Prem, Mateja Kezman was going to sign from Chelsea on loan. The reason for this: "Jose''s admiration for Delia''s half time rant"!

the whole shola thing was laughable to the extreme! Funnier still that some people believed gordon, who was also that bloke who was, then wasn''t then was associated with the Kitty.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hahahahahaha!!!

(I thought, for a horrible moment, that the thread was going to be me saying it was a good idea lol)
[/quote]

I had the same concern, but having read it I was relieved to find that I was being my usual cynical self [:)]

[/quote]

Me too, phew!![Y]

You''d have to go some to beat good news Gordon.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1272684/ShowPost.aspx

The Ultimate rumor just HAS to be ''Carl Cort was spotted in Asda'' about 6 seasons ago. It started the whole supermarket rumors....

[quote user="TheGoogler"]in the January transfer window of the season we were in the Prem, Mateja Kezman was going to sign from Chelsea on loan. The reason for this: "Jose''s admiration for Delia''s half time rant"![/quote]

Not very likely, Delia''s rant was at the Man City game which was about our 3rd last home fixture that season - well after the January window had closed.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Not a close season rumour, nor from this forum - but once, on the official NCFC forum, someone swore blind that in the January transfer window of the season we were in the Prem, Mateja Kezman was going to sign from Chelsea on loan. The reason for this: "Jose''s admiration for Delia''s half time rant"![/quote]

ha ha !!

"Not very likely, Delia''s rant was at the Man City game which was about our 3rd last home fixture that season - well after the January window had closed."

It was February 28th... 6th last home game. But yes - the window had long shut.

Indeed, First Jedi you are right; it couldn''t have been Delia''s half time rant that inspired Mourinho. But he did quote Jose''s respect for Norwich as why he was coming to CR on loan.

My particular fave is the Robbie Fowler one that was doing the rounds a couple of years ago.