Sign in to follow this  
morty

I hate it.

With the world cup just around the corner I don''t think I will miss Club football as much as I normally do, I mean jesus christ it''s a world cup year, do you know what that means![:D]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]With the world cup just around the corner I don''t think I will miss Club football as much as I normally do, I mean jesus christ it''s a world cup year, do you know what that means![:D][/quote]Blind optimism then disappointment in the quarter finals again?[;)]

[quote user="City1st"]"International football is football in it''s purist form " In the same way chicken tikka marsala is Indian food in it''s purist form[/quote]

I really don''t understand the point you''re trying to make here. Please explain.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="City1st"]"International football is football in it''s purist form " In the same way chicken tikka marsala is Indian food in it''s purist form[/quote]

I really don''t understand the point you''re trying to make here. Please explain.

[/quote]

I think city 1st is trying to say that international football is NOT football in its purist form just like marsala,being invented in England, is not indian in its purist form.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

I think city 1st is trying to say that international football is NOT football in its purist form just like marsala,being invented in England, is not indian in its purist form.

[/quote]

Well obviously I get that but it doesn''t really stand up as a comparison.

International football is a lot less influenced by money than club football. Money will still make a difference of course but it is less obvious and therefore, only in my opinion of course, more pure. You''re much less likely to get a situation like you have at Man City or Chelsea in the international game as the rewards for success are not so great.