Sign in to follow this  
morty

I hate it.

Don''t get me wrong, summer is lovely.I live in the most beautiful county in the country. Gorgeous beaches, lovely people, in a recent poll Norwich was voted the most awesome place to live ever (ok, I made the poll up and only I voted, but I think its still valid)But theres no football. Well, specifically no Norwich City (Champions of league one and holders of the title "sexiest football team ever")The world cup will hold my interest for a while, but will be ultimately disappointing, it could have been different if Holt had been picked as back up to Rooney.I shall fight my way through the summer , trying not to think of who is keeping themselves in shape, who is being bought, have Barca made a bid on Doherty?, and come out the other side, being stupidly enthusiastic about meaningless pre season friendlies and looking at the fixtures and mentally (and usually completely wrongly) ticking off the easy wins.Is it the new season yet lol?

Ditto. The only thing keeping me going is the Championship and League One playoff finals, whereby we''ll find out a couple more teams we''ll be playing next season upon our return to the Championship.

Maybe if you look at the World Cup as something other than just an England dissapointment, there''s still some decent talent to watch I guess.

Also, City''s pre-season campaign starts pretty much right after the world cup final. So that should at least fill the void temporarily!

[quote user="morty"]Is it the new season yet lol?[/quote]God Morty......... I''m only just getting over Saturday''s excess intake of alcohol !!At my age I need a break to de-tox after all the benders that inevitably follow the supporters of a winning team. I''m seriously worried that if it looks as though we''re in with a shout early next term I''ll be spending Christmas in the Priory Clinic......Perhaps to be on the safe side I''ll get a season ticket for Portman Rd instead....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]Is it the new season yet lol?[/quote]God Morty......... I''m only just getting over Saturday''s excess intake of alcohol !!At my age I need a break to de-tox after all the benders that inevitably follow the supporters of a winning team. I''m seriously worried that if it looks as though we''re in with a shout early next term I''ll be spending Christmas in the Priory Clinic......Perhaps to be on the safe side I''ll get a season ticket for Portman Rd instead....[/quote]Lol, me too.I ceremonially removed my three season tickets and fixture list from my wallet yesterday and immediately missed it all!Don''t even say that last bit, if Ipswich were playing in my back garden I''d shut the curtains.

"Don''t even say that last bit, if Ipswich were playing in my back garden I''d shut the curtains."

Really? I like watching Ipswich play - if only to support their opposition and laugh at them throwing away all the points in the last 5 minutes of every game...

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Don''t even say that last bit, if Ipswich were playing in my back garden I''d shut the curtains."

Really? I like watching Ipswich play - if only to support their opposition and laugh at them throwing away all the points in the last 5 minutes of every game...[/quote]Lol, there is that I suppose.It just seems that whenever they are on the telly I have something more important to do, like rearrange my socks into alphabetical order, or de-hair my ears.[:)]

[quote user="i want mortys babies"]wot an exciting life you lead mortyyou must have loads of socks[/quote]Yes, I guess I do have a lot of socks.[:|]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="i want mortys babies"]wot an exciting life you lead morty

you must have loads of socks
[/quote]

Yes, I guess I do have a lot of socks.

[:|]

[/quote]

You have lots of socks?.....That''s some amazing feet.....

Shame you won''t be able to get round to working your socks off....eh.

The worst part is they take all the goals down in Beccles so there is nowhere to play football on a nice summers day.

"Shame you won''t be able to get round to working your socks off....eh."

He took out a loan to buy them, and he''s been working his socks off, ever since...

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Shame you won''t be able to get round to working your socks off....eh." He took out a loan to buy them, and he''s been working his socks off, ever since...[/quote]

Darn....I knew it....Should have cottoned on.

[quote user="G"]The worst part is they take all the goals down in Beccles so there is nowhere to play football on a nice summers day.[/quote]Ask Morty if you can borrow some of his socks to use at goalposts.

"Perhaps to be on the safe side I''ll get a season ticket for Portman Rd instead...."

I fear a fair few of our more ''senior'' supporters might consider it.

Look at the advantages -

plenty of space - spare seat or two to put your bag/flask/tartan rug on

no noise, bar the odd exiteable squeak from the north stand

the old south even stand offers a wake up call at half time - some farmhand in a flourescent smock comes round and prods you with the safe end of a pitchfork

no need to scrub up - you can turn up looking like a bag of **** and no one will notice the difference

and finally the music before the game - it''s usually from the year the binners won something, so it''s bound to remind any pensioner of when they were a young ''un

[quote user="City1st"]"Perhaps to be on the safe side I''ll get a season ticket for Portman Rd instead...." I fear a fair few of our more ''senior'' supporters might consider it. Look at the advantages - plenty of space - spare seat or two to put your bag/flask/tartan rug on no noise, bar the odd exiteable squeak from the north stand the old south even stand offers a wake up call at half time - some farmhand in a flourescent smock comes round and prods you with the safe end of a pitchfork no need to scrub up - you can turn up looking like a bag of **** and no one will notice the difference and finally the music before the game - it''s usually from the year the binners won something, so it''s bound to remind any pensioner of when they were a young ''un[/quote]

How old are you?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Shame you won''t be able to get round to working your socks off....eh." He took out a loan to buy them, and he''s been working his socks off, ever since...[/quote]

Darn....I knew it....Should have cottoned on.

[/quote]

Looks like you have gone and put your foot in it Mello.Your post had me in stitches.

I love it [:D]Can''t wait to get down the pub on a Saturday night to watch us take on the Yanks, leave off work early to watch Portugal v Brazil and try and persuade the wife that Nigeria v South Korea is much more important than Holby City. I''ve also managed to sneakily indoctrinate my daughter to the importance of the World Cup by buying her stickers and a wallchart which gives me extra leverage (that''s how you negotiate Cleggy [:D]).International football is football in it''s purist form and the World Cup is it''s pinnacle. I want England to win but even if they get knocked out in the first round it won''t spoil my enjoyment of such a wonderful occasion. I can''t wait!

Well this would normally be the case Morty, but not this year really. Only a month till the World Cup (still a bit of a chore to wait), but they lasts till mid July, then only about 3 weeks till first Norwich game, so it''s all good. [:D] Plus there will be a few pre season''s before hand I''m guessing, so...

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I love it [:D]I want England to win but even if they get knocked out in the first round it won''t spoil my enjoyment of such a wonderful occasion. I can''t wait![/quote]Cannot disagree with that Shacks. [Y] I''m a larger Norwich fan than England, but would still love them to win. I don''t believe it will happen though, but never the less, we''re in for some great viewing. [:)]

The World Cup runs from June 11 to July 11 and the first Norwich friendly is on July 10 at Dereham, so they overlap ever-so-slightly which is a bit unusual.  Bring it on eh?

[quote user="Brendo "]Well this would normally be the case Morty, but not this year really. Only a month till the World Cup (still a bit of a chore to wait), but they lasts till mid July, then only about 3 weeks till first Norwich game, so it''s all good. [:D] Plus there will be a few pre season''s before hand I''m guessing, so...[/quote]Oh don''t get me wrong, I will watch it, and enjoy it. But its not Norwich.And seeing Rooney hobbling off yesterday with another groin injury made me think "Here we go again.....!"[:)]

"International football is football in it''s purist form "

In the same way chicken tikka marsala is Indian food in it''s purist form

Don''t worry Morty, the line of superstars being unveiled at Carrow road should keep you entertained, if Messi and Fabregas train hard they might win the respect of Korey and Holt and might start to feature in the first team.Bring on the next season![:D]

[quote user="First Jedi"]"I think you''ll find chicken tikka masala was first cooked in England!"

I think that''s what he is saying...[/quote]Ah well, missed that. Was late and had consumed several glasses of red wine so missed his sublteties [:$]