Sign in to follow this  
Mr Lister

Today's Pinkun in the EDP

What a bleeding let down! There I was eagerly expecting a bumper issue, full of celebratory photo''s, a review of what an amazing season this has been, comments from the Board, Manager and players etc, to make it an important keepsake! They''ve had three weeks knowing we are up and Champions so there was ample time to prepare most of it! What do we get, the usual bland reporting with a few photo''s and a poster on the back!

With all the criticism of the BBC and National press with regard to the lack of coverage we have received recently I think at least our local rag could have blown the trumpet for us!!!!

I bet the Leeds local was not as dull!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]would you have kept it with extra pic and more interviews? nope you would have binned it very soon after reading it![/quote]he and many others probably would have....for example my Grandad bought two programmes on saturday, because he wanted one, to keep mainly for results of the season....... (i have all my programmes ever....even some that arn''t mine [:P])

Just thought they could have made more effort, actually have several press keepsakes, 4-4 against M''boro in the NOTW cus I''m right behind the goal as the fourth from Drury went in! Munich, and a few others!

Oh to tie in with Reception, seems a bit like after the Lord Mayors procession if you''ll excuse the irony! They had plenty of time to get todays issue better!

"nope you would have binned it very soon after reading it!"

I kept the EDP from last promotion... only because I was (sorta) on the front cover - holding the massive George Cross, with my bro...! :)

Cheers for the heads up Pete [Y]Now gotta get someone to buy me a copy and send it down south lolI''m sure i can be persuaded to chuck a copy your way [:)]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Jumbo 48-page season review available on the day of the parade.[/quote]Keep off the pitch so photographers can do the business, so the club/archant can sell you this 48-page review.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Jumbo 48-page season review available on the day of the parade.[/quote]Keep off the pitch so photographers can do the business, so the club/archant can sell you this 48-page review. [/quote]Do you object to a separate season review being for sale?

I''m awaiting for the club to bring this promotion season out on video.....

I hope they do it in Betamax...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Jumbo 48-page season review available on the day of the parade.[/quote]Keep off the pitch so photographers can do the business, so the club/archant can sell you this 48-page review. [/quote]Do you object to a separate season review being for sale?[/quote]No, I''d rather the club be honest and actually say keep off the pitch so our photographers can get their shots, instead of stories of pregnant women.

I''m sure there will be DVDs, colour brochures, all manner of souvenirs produced to celebrate the club winning the League One title.  And lots of threads will appear here re: "Club cashing in on ''success'' and ripping off loyal fans."What''s interesting to me is that the people who will moan about the club cashing in on their success and milking money out of the fans will be the same people who want the club, who are skint, to buy better players next year.  So what''s going to help that happen - buying a souvenir, or not buying one?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m sure there will be DVDs, colour brochures, all manner of souvenirs produced to celebrate the club winning the League One title.  And lots of threads will appear here re: "Club cashing in on ''success'' and ripping off loyal fans."What''s interesting to me is that the people who will moan about the club cashing in on their success and milking money out of the fans will be the same people who want the club, who are skint, to buy better players next year.  So what''s going to help that happen - buying a souvenir, or not buying one?[/quote]I guessing you''ve branded me a moaner but let me put this argument to you.  If before the Gillingham game and after up to the run up to the Carlise game the club asked the fans to keep off the pitch so the event could recorded and filmed etc etc for souvenir purposes IMO you wouldn''t''ve had the minor invasion, threats of banning, preaching on how illegal it is, and squabbling amounst fans.  Honesty in the first place would''ve gone a long way instead of a haevy handed approach.That''s where I''m coming from, but I don''t want to cause a massive argument over it either with another moan thread thread or a thread moaning about the moaners moaning.

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m sure there will be DVDs, colour brochures, all manner of souvenirs produced to celebrate the club winning the League One title.  And lots of threads will appear here re: "Club cashing in on ''success'' and ripping off loyal fans."What''s interesting to me is that the people who will moan about the club cashing in on their success and milking money out of the fans will be the same people who want the club, who are skint, to buy better players next year.  So what''s going to help that happen - buying a souvenir, or not buying one?[/quote]I guessing you''ve branded me a moaner but let me put this argument to you.  If before the Gillingham game and after up to the run up to the Carlise game the club asked the fans to keep off the pitch so the event could recorded and filmed etc etc for souvenir purposes IMO you wouldn''t''ve had the minor invasion, threats of banning, preaching on how illegal it is, and squabbling amounst fans.  Honesty in the first place would''ve gone a long way instead of a haevy handed approach.That''s where I''m coming from, but I don''t want to cause a massive argument over it either with another moan thread thread or a thread moaning about the moaners moaning.[/quote]No, I think this is a separate argument and I agree with you.  The inevitable "rip off Norwich" threads are another matter.

How many fan-folk purchased flags, badges, scarves and other ''non - official NCFC merchandise'' from the multitude of hawkers who have been dotted down Riverside Road for the last remaining home games?

Wonder where that dosh is going....? [B]

Wonder if those ''non-official'' NCFC Champions flags, are fire retardant....?

Who doesn''t purchase club beverages and food?....Preferring instead, to booze in pubs and to get their ''gear for guzzle & gluttony'' from outside  of the stadium at Morrison''s...or A.N. Other?

If anyone who supports NCFC has done any of the above.....You should be damned well ashamed of yourselves!

Denying the club much-valued revenue.....TUT! TUT!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

How many fan-folk purchased flags, badges, scarves and other ''non - official NCFC merchandise'' from the multitude of hawkers who have been dotted down Riverside Road for the last remaining home games?

Who doesn''t purchase club beverages and food?....Preferring instead, to booze in pubs and to get their ''gear for guzzle & gluttony'' from outside  of the stadium at Morrison''s...or A.N. Other?

If anyone who supports NCFC has done any of the above.....You should be damned well ashamed of yourselves!

[/quote]What''s it like on planet Knobcheese?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

What''s it like on planet Knobcheese?

[/quote]

Much better than being a resident on Anal Island....

Do you live halfway up it?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]What''s it like on planet Knobcheese?[/quote]

[/quote]If I look up, I can see your shoes.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I look up, I can see your shoes.

[/quote]

Yeah, I sold em'' to Nutless.....Are you trying to lick ''em?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]What''s it like on planet Knobcheese?[/quote]

[/quote]If I look up, I can see your shoes.

[/quote]

[/quote]Thought they tasted sour and bitter. All makes sense now.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I look up, I can see your shoes.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thought they tasted sour and bitter. All makes sense now.
[/quote]

Yeah, maybe that''s because he tenderises your steaks with the heels when he cooks for you....Ah....nice.

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m sure there will be DVDs, colour brochures, all manner of souvenirs produced to celebrate the club winning the League One title.  And lots of threads will appear here re: "Club cashing in on ''success'' and ripping off loyal fans."

What''s interesting to me is that the people who will moan about the club cashing in on their success and milking money out of the fans will be the same people who want the club, who are skint, to buy better players next year.  So what''s going to help that happen - buying a souvenir, or not buying one?

[/quote]

I guessing you''ve branded me a moaner but let me put this argument to you.  If before the Gillingham game and after up to the run up to the Carlise game the club asked the fans to keep off the pitch so the event could recorded and filmed etc etc for souvenir purposes IMO you wouldn''t''ve had the minor invasion, threats of banning, preaching on how illegal it is, and squabbling amounst fans.  Honesty in the first place would''ve gone a long way instead of a haevy handed approach.

That''s where I''m coming from, but I don''t want to cause a massive argument over it either with another moan thread thread or a thread moaning about the moaners moaning.
[/quote]

Have you got any proof that this is the prime reason fans were asked to keep off the pitch?