Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Club Or Country Debate

Now over recent years we have had players turn their backs on thier country to concentrate on thier club.

In my years its only been the last 10 or so years where this has happened.

The reason? Players claim its the club who pay their wages so they put them 1st.

Now I was brought up with the biggest playing honour being representing your country, so whats changed???

Players say its because they club pay thier wages.....ok so in that case, say you are a bricklayer with Carters....does that mean you would stop playing sunday league football as Carters pay your wages???

Have a think and let me know you thoughts........

Should have just added to that....Im not talking about NCFC v England, Im talking, for example, Paul Scholes lifelong Oldham fan, retired at 26/27 fromengland to concentrate on Man Utd.......Jamie Carragher...is he a lifelong Liverpool fan??...I heard he was Everton??? Wayne Bridge....different circumstances...

The badge should be worn with pride! ..Whether a player or a fan.....I shall either shed loads of tears or have the best hummer of a night ever,when we get to the final!..And probably watch the final in london,though if they set up a screen on the beach at yarmouth,we will watch us lift the trophy there!

It''s been going on for far, far longer than ten years. This kind of Mickey Mouse nonsense is about the only remaining survivor from the post war ''lets all be friends'' stuff.

Football is played at a club/team basis as was pointed out with the sunday morning league CLUB. Running football on a geographical basis is an absurdity - a temporary freak show that serves nothing other than to over exite the dimwitted and fill the coffers of Sepp Blatter and other greedy football associations.

Were football to be ran in this ludicrous way it would fold within months. Thankfully it doesn''t. Players are free to find their own level and clubs are able to compete and develop on that basis. Even the national teams recognise that requirement - hence Capello.

I wonder if he will be wearing his three lions with pride or kissing the badge.

I think some of its to do with the clubs,who dont want there star players getting injured..............after all they pay the wages.But i think alot of it is just plain greed by the individules.I dont think England would pay Gerrard what he gets paid for by Liverpool..........and so forth .......... also Sky sports and the prem league have shafted Football and its supporters for too long now with its Money and branding of the game.........the sooner this stops the better for all of us.