Sign in to follow this  
Tubbs & Edward

Anyone else sick of Danny Mills (Mr Leeds & England)

I''ve been away from ''God''s own county'' for the last couple of weeks, and sadly i''ve had to listen to any football coverage via Radio 5, and I''ve had to sit through a certain former Sprowston resident waxing lyrically about ''Leeds United''s magnificent achievement'', and how they are the club who most right thinking people want to see back in the Championship, if not the Prem! Not a single mention of City''s achievement of going up as champions! Also, in his opinion, a club as big as Leeds shouldn''t have to lower themselves against ''inferior opposition''!

When the final whistle went at Elland Road, I honestly thought that he was going to orgasm! Yet not a single mention that we were the league champions.

Once again, the big club mentality shines forth.

Further to this, a couple of days later,Gabby Logan was seeking his opinion of the squad selection for the England world cup team, as was obviously such an expert on the subject.

Now maybe age and the passing of the years has dulled my memory, but, if it wasn''t for Norwich City, this ''former Leeds, Charlton & England star'' (her words, not mine!) would not have had a career as a professional footballer, let alone a radio show pundit.

I fear that Mills is catching ''Andy Thownsend Disease'', when the sufferer completely forgets that he ever played for Norwich, but only mentions his more ''popular'' former clubs.

Without wishing to sound too miffed with Mills, he always struck me as a fairly ''agricultural'' full back, but hey! what do I know, I never played for the mighty Leeds United!

I believe he had a fall out with walker during his second stint and got put on the transfer list,going to Charlton for 300 k. He''s been bitter ever since he left,childish little knob.

[quote user="Naughty Dogger "][8]STAND UP IF YOU HATE THE MILLS[8][/quote]Okay, can I sit down now.[:^)]

Andy Thownsend is a bit of an arse for seemingly completely forgetting that he ever played for us but Danny Mills is just a wanker, it''s clear the guy still has a chip on his shoulder over Norwich and knows that the city fans can''t stand him.

[quote user="Carra_Rud"][quote user="Naughty Dogger "][8]STAND UP IF YOU HATE THE MILLS[8][/quote]

Okay, can I sit down now.[:^)]
[/quote]

NO!!! one more time [8]STAND UP IF YOU HATE THE MILLS[8]

Now you can sit down.

"Stands up" and raises a single middle finger gestuer to Mr Mills.............Our club matters not Leeds or anyone else! Fact is Danny doesn''t like us because we are "Super Norwich" and we showed the mighty and very laughable Leeds how too win promotion the first time around......

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I believe he had a fall out with walker during his second stint and got put on the transfer list,going to Charlton for 300 k. He''s been bitter ever since he left,childish little knob.[/quote]Who then sold him to Leeds for £4m and he went on to play in the Champions League and for England. Someone cocked up on this deal and it wasn''t Mills or Charlton!No wonder he isn''t all misty eyed over City.

[quote user="Naughty Dogger "]

[quote user="Carra_Rud"][quote user="Naughty Dogger "][8]STAND UP IF YOU HATE THE MILLS[8][/quote]Okay, can I sit down now.[:^)][/quote]

NO!!! one more time [8]STAND UP IF YOU HATE THE MILLS[8]

Now you can sit down.

[/quote]

[8]SIT DOWN IF YOU HATE THE MILLS[8]Ahhhhh, thats better.

If I wanted to kill myself then I would make myself into a bomb invite them both over then BOOOOOOOOOM I hope that answers your question

Sadly I think having to end his career early due to injury has made him a very bitter man. Very well suited to Leeds, they are welcome to him.

Anyone who defends Mills clearly wasn''t at the Charlton away game a few years back.

Silly little man with too much time on his hands.

Just thought that I would point out that I actually know Danny. However he came accross on the radio he is actually a decent bloke and went out of his way for our fans when he was at our club. Things didnt work out for him here and yes it seems he does still have a bit of a chip on his shoulder about it. His family still live in Norfolk and he comes back regularly. And he has also done a lot for the game, even after suffering a personal tradgedy

One of the best chants I ever heard at a football match was (to the tune of "if you''re happy and you know it")[8]If Danny Mills can play for England, so can I[8]

[quote user="followtheboyzinyellow"]Just thought that I would point out that I actually know Danny. However he came accross on the radio he is actually a decent bloke and went out of his way for our fans when he was at our club. Things didnt work out for him here and yes it seems he does still have a bit of a chip on his shoulder about it. His family still live in Norfolk and he comes back regularly. And he has also done a lot for the game, even after suffering a personal tradgedy[/quote]

What personal tragedy?

[quote user="followtheboyzinyellow"]Just thought that I would point out that I actually know Danny. However he came accross on the radio he is actually a decent bloke and went out of his way for our fans when he was at our club. Things didnt work out for him here and yes it seems he does still have a bit of a chip on his shoulder about it. His family still live in Norfolk and he comes back regularly. And he has also done a lot for the game, even after suffering a personal tradgedy[/quote]

Hello Mrs Mills.

Very bitter. He went to a Champions League semi with us. What did he do with you? Get relegated from the prem. WOW- I can see why he cherishes those memories.

Make no misstake Andy Townsend knows he played for us but I think he doesn''t really think much of any club he played for before Chelsea. Its not like you hear him mentioning Welling United, Weymouth or Southampton as places he has played at - all before us.

Another interesting point to make is that although Mills has been at a hefty number of clubs his career hasn''t totalled that many games for a so called first choice player. As for retiring he may well claim it to be due to injury but he was released by Man City after struggling to get a game for them for the best part of four years.

He never had two stints with us as one poster suggested and was sold quite young due to having a bit of an attitude. I think he thought he was the bees knees. I used to work with a guy (he retired recently hence used) that used to help coach the Sprowston boys team Mills played for. Apparently he wasnt the best player out of the bunch they had at the time, just the most committed and most driven and he had an arrogant streek. Sounded like this guy liked him as a player but thats about as far as it went.

In fairness to him the club he had the most success with was arguably Leeds where their Champions League run coincided with his rise into the England team. So you can forgive him for enjoying a time spent playing with quality players like Viduka and Kewel when at their best. Not sure why people think he has it in for Norwich, he stated before the home game against Leeds that he wanted Leeds to win only because he would like to see both teams go up and should Leeds loose that would look even more unlikely. Nor would I expect him to say much about Norwich when commentating on a Leeds game especially when we were already up, throw into that the amount of time it has taken them.

Anyway - I don''t think he is an especially bad chap, just another player who has played through the leagues and found a club he enjoyed his time at more than any other. I don''t see too many people moaning that Huckerby doesn''t mention the teams he played for before us, nor Drury or in their time Ewan or Fleming.

Do I care? Not really. There are plenty of rubbish commentators out there and he is ok. Better than half of the rubbish on ITV and half of talk-sport brigade. Still think its a shame they didnt keep Graeme Le Saux.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"][quote user="followtheboyzinyellow"]Just thought that I would point out that I actually know Danny. However he came accross on the radio he is actually a decent bloke and went out of his way for our fans when he was at our club. Things didnt work out for him here and yes it seems he does still have a bit of a chip on his shoulder about it. His family still live in Norfolk and he comes back regularly. And he has also done a lot for the game, even after suffering a personal tradgedy[/quote] What personal tragedy?[/quote]

Lost a son to Spinal Diffida (or however it is spelt).

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Very bitter. He went to a Champions League semi with us. What did he do with you? Get relegated from the prem. WOW- I can see why he cherishes those memories.[/quote]

Not really, he was 19/20 when he left us and he wasn''t really a major part of the team that did get relegated more a young squad member. Can''t remember being that fussed about him going other than he was a promising young defender, he didn''t really catch the eye as such.

As for your Champions League semi - big wows, I think you will find that it represented the peak of his career playing for England and then with the other club players that you managed to finance on bank loans etc. Its what is normally refered to as a false dawn. Don''t get me wrong it was a heck of an achievement but your club had punched way above its weight in terms of finances behind the team. Its also surprising to see how few of those players really went on to do a great deal more with their careers.

Keane was probably the only one that has had any real form of success since.

He enjoyed his time with Leeds and fair play to him but I wouldn''t slate another teams success or lack of it when your own isn''t spotless. I mean I could go into Leeds'' history in the game but then I think that would be unfair considering all of the black marks against it.