Sign in to follow this  
Delia Out!

Poor old Fulham...

Losing in the Europa League Final [N]

Mind you Forlan''s first goal was offside [:@]

What did anyone else think of the game?

I listened to the commentary but didn''t watch it.

Sounded as though Forlan was level for the first goal.

Zamora clearly wasn''t fit.  Fulham didn''t play as well as they have done in previous games, perhaps overawed by the occasion. 

Overall I wasn''t overimpressed with Madrid but thought they just about deserved it. 

You''ve summed it up Cherub!

Forlan was definitely onside for the first, and a good finish it was too.

I just wonder if it would have been much different if Andy Johnson was fit

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

Still not forgiven them for sticking 7 past us, bout time thay had some heartbreak [:P]

[/quote]6 [:P]and it wasn''t even the same team really was it, how many of the X1, that played against us, were out there last night? (not even manager was is the same....)

I have to say that I have been mighterly unimpressed with the Europa League - or at least what I have seen of it on the box anyway. Most of the foreign teams seem content in fowling to break up play and to dive to try and get players booked/sent off.

This appeared to happen with a lot of teams that played against Liverpool and most disgustingly the refs did nothing about it.

Reyes was once a half decent player, he is pretty crap now, Forlan is still crap - he is just a slightly big fish in a small pond made up of single celled organisms. He barely even touched it for the second goal and I am pretty sure it was an owngoal - his touch didn''t have the power to get it beyond Schwarzer.

A bit of an anticlimax in my opinion. Fulham have been the best team throughout and a couple of injuries combined with the Premier Leagues uncompramising stance meant that their squad has been pushed to the max. Zamora needs an op and unfortunately they don''t have another good striker at the moment other than Dempsey who seems to be out of favour for some reason.

It sucks but then for me in terms of top level football this has not been a good year. Just look at all of the so called top teams and they have all struggled to a certain extent this year and the football has been poor. In the prem Man U and Chelsea resorted to slapping each other with wet fish to determine who one the league mainly because their foorball didn''t do all the talking, teams like Villa slipped up to a hiding when they really shouldn''t. Other teams over achieved when they seemed to do little to deserve it like Blackburn. But then thats the way of football at the moment.

Really can''t wait to the world cup where my only hope is the players have been conserving themselves for.

[quote user="chicken"]Most of the foreign teams seem content in fowling...........[/quote]That''s not bad...........for a chicken! [:D]

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

Still not forgiven them for sticking 7 past us, bout time thay had some heartbreak [:P]

[/quote]
6 [:P]
and it wasn''t even the same team really was it, how many of the X1, that played against us, were out there last night? (not even manager was is the same....)
[/quote]

whoops... well the landslide that was, anyway it was still the same bunch of supporting fans + a few thousnad more glory hunters!

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]Poor old fulham? They relegated us!
[/quote]

So?! it''s our fault for playing badly against them!

I thought Athletico Madrid shaded it, as a footy fan I felt for the Fulham fans......with one exception, last place I worked at there was a Fulham fan who took great delight in announcing that he laughed his head off when Fulham beat us 6-1......I so hoped to see him on TV blubbing his eyes out!!