Sign in to follow this  
Talk Show Host

Here's one for you...

If you could have one member of the 03/04 promotion winning side in the current squad, who would it be?

I would have to go for Malky Mackay, we just haven''t had such a commanding defender like him since Martin Taylor or John Kennedy.

Has to be the 2003/04 version of Huckerby. He was virtually unplayable in the Championship that season.

As for commanding centrebacks, I think you''re doing Michael Nelson a disservice - he was starting to look very much like a league 1 Malky Mackay by the end of the season. Can he step it up a level though?

It would have to be Elvis Hammand...

Seriously though, Hux was awesome, but if were talking about someone whos still around, may i throw in a certain Rob Green? Worth around 8-10mil and we do have a gap in between the sticks...

[quote user="The gut"]Got to be Hucks and I''m convinced that he could still do it.[/quote]

Only thing is He himself said he is not sure if he could still do the job, but yes, if he could then I''d play him every week  

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

We need a Damian Francis. A dominant box to box midfielder who can pass and score. Great player.

[/quote]*And then goes missing on the last day of the season when we really need him.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

We need a Damian Francis. A dominant box to box midfielder who can pass and score. Great player.

[/quote]

As did 11 others tho Morty.

His form that year was outstanding, he scored a few.

I just feel we need that type of player more now than the obvious choice of Hucks.

*And then goes missing on the last day of the season when we really need him.
[/quote]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

oooooops

I just feel we need that type of player more now than the obvious choice of Hucks

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="The gut"]Got to be Hucks and I''m convinced that he could still do it.[/quote]

Only thing is He himself said he is not sure if he could still do the job, but yes, if he could then I''d play him every week  

[/quote]

Oh I know it aint gonna happen, and what he said. I think he didn''t want to play if he couldn''t maintain his standard, which he wouldn''t, but he would still have been an asset. I also think he didn''t want to risk further injury, but if this was football pre big wages he would still be playing. I just believe he could do pete.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

I just feel we need that type of player more now than the obvious choice of Hucks.*And then goes missing on the last day of the season when we really need him.[/quote]

[/quote]In my opinion he was one of the ones who capitulated the most.Just my opinion, of course.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

I just feel we need that type of player more now than the obvious choice of Hucks.

[/quote]

[/quote]

In my opinion he was one of the ones who capitulated the most.

Just my opinion, of course.

[:)]
[/quote]

Oh i agree Morty. he didnt turn up.

But all the same he was a rwal driving force for us in the 2yrs he was here.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

I just feel we need that type of player more now than the obvious choice of Hucks.*And then goes missing on the last day of the season when we really need him.[/quote]

[/quote]In my opinion he was one of the ones who capitulated the most.Just my opinion, of course.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, I rated him a lot too, maybe thats why Fulham was all the more disappointing, he was a "big" player that could have got us through that game.Just checked him out on Wiki and he''s retired.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In my opinion he was one of the ones who capitulated the most.

Just my opinion, of course.

[:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I rated him a lot too, maybe thats why Fulham was all the more disappointing, he was a "big" player that could have got us through that game.

Just checked him out on Wiki and he''s retired.
[/quote]

Was it because of injury?

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]In my opinion he was one of the ones who capitulated the most.Just my opinion, of course.[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, I rated him a lot too, maybe thats why Fulham was all the more disappointing, he was a "big" player that could have got us through that game.Just checked him out on Wiki and he''s retired.[/quote]

Was it because of injury?

[/quote]Yeah, did his ACL and never came back.

Hucks without doubt. Completely inspired the side after a distinctly average start to the season.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

LOL, I''m sure that the OP meant as they were at the time, not now.

MATTIAS SVENSSON (or however he may spell his name...) he was a wonder player, loads better than Huckerby [:P]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

LOL, I''m sure that the OP meant as they were at the time, not now.

[/quote]

But The Gut said "I''m convinced he could still do it" - it''s good to actually read before you start getting pedantic