Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

Fraser Forster and his non-interview on radio Norfolk

Does anybody know why after the parade yesterday, when i was in the car, they

were just about to speak to Forster and a club official took him away

saying they dont want Fraser talking? does this mean a deal is in the

pipeline and they didnt want him to give anything away?

Not necessarily. The club have stopped players giving interviews on numerous occasions this season so I wouldn''t read too much into it to be honest. I suppose it''s even more sensitive with fraser not being our player and maybe they just didn''t want him to inadvertently say something that his own club might not be happy with.

ON the bus Fraser was particuarly animated and seemed to have possibly had some drink.   Quite right too as he is 22 and it was a party.  Also, he was not the only one but I have no problem with that.   Chris Martin looked a little the worse for wear too. None of them was Freddie Flintoff.

I would not want him on a microphone though and I am not surprised if the Club''s PR intervened just in case of potential embarrassment.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Not necessarily. The club have stopped players giving interviews on numerous occasions this season so I wouldn''t read too much into it to be honest. I suppose it''s even more sensitive with fraser not being our player and maybe they just didn''t want him to inadvertently say something that his own club might not be happy with.[/quote]

Oh really? Who and why?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Not necessarily. The club have stopped players giving interviews on numerous occasions this season so I wouldn''t read too much into it to be honest. I suppose it''s even more sensitive with fraser not being our player and maybe they just didn''t want him to inadvertently say something that his own club might not be happy with.[/quote]

Oh really? Who and why?

[/quote]Most, if not all, of the squad at different times and for different reasons. Just the way it works now.

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Oh really? Who and why?

[/quote]Most, if not all, of the squad at different times and for different reasons. Just the way it works now.[/quote]Mr Bailey that just thickened the plot further.  I mean, players were horsing around having a laugh.  The last place you''d expect a gagging order would be an end of season knees up.  I expect players to have some sort of ''pecking order'' and instructions on whose ''turn it is'' to either speak or not.  On this occasion I''d have thought a general ''don''t say anything stupid'' instruction to the players.

"I mean, players were horsing around having a laugh. The last place you''d expect a gagging order would be an end of season knees up. "

Sounds like the exact time you don''t want them talking...

[quote user="First Jedi"]"I mean, players were horsing around having a laugh. The last place you''d expect a gagging order would be an end of season knees up. "

Sounds like the exact time you don''t want them talking...[/quote]Definitely. Given the medias habit of twisting things and taking quotes out of context, the last place I would want a media hack is near one of our players whos had a couple of drinks.