Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Pot, Kettle, Black!

First of all apologies if this is anyone on here having a laugh but...

You lot all need to stop playing football manager and basing your "amazing breaking news" on that. Grow up, bunch of 12 year olds.

Moving on.

Norwich are getting Craigh Mckail–Smith.
Frazer Forster will be back.
James Vaughan from Everton on a pay as you play.
Darren Purse & Jemal Johnson from Shef wed.

Hoolahan, Holt and Martin will go nowhere, we won''t sign Forster on a perm deal, so whoever said Hoolahan and Martin plus £1m to Newcastle is a total speshal. Get out.

From our favourite football rumours website....

saying that ...i did take Norwich to the premiership in football manager and enjoyed European glory.

i was proud of that achievement ...im only 38.

Never going to stop playing Football Manager.But then i will never start posting rumours that have absolutely no basis in the world of fact.Agreed it gets annoying, but its only the calm before the storm. Not even in the summer holidays yet [;)]

I won the Premiership by over 20 points with City and won the CL, before giving up.

Now I''m taking Lewes (local to where I live in Brighton) all the way. Just got to the Championship.

Honestly, I think the latest version is too easy, and isn''t very well balanced for prolonged play - not enough players of decent quality get regenerated - although I''m playing with 290k players now, so hopefully should be enough! :)

[quote user="Henry"]Never going to stop playing Football Manager.

But then i will never start posting rumours that have absolutely no basis in the world of fact.

Agreed it gets annoying, but its only the calm before the storm. Not even in the summer holidays yet [;)]
[/quote]

good work lol

I thought FM10 was easy.. Did the usual with Norwich Premiership etc but then got bored and took the Arsenal job and I''ve just finished my second season where I finished 5th, the season before I finished 6th.. it''s true that the squad isn''t what it was but I still feel like a right dweeb for not doing better!

I''ve been simming through manager mode on fifa 10 lately to kill some time, starting with Licoln City. I managed to sign Korey Smith, but for some reason no one else would join my Licoln revolution. Thety probably made a wise decision, as I got the sack with 6 games to go 12 points adrift of safety!

Then I made the switch to local rivals Grimsby Town, and due to somek ind of weird glitch I had a bank balance of -£200,000,000. Or maybe it wasn''t a glitch! I don''t know, but I managed to get them relegated as well because I couldn''t bring in anyone at all, not even a free agent.

I''m currently at Accrington Stanley, and having signed Graham Dorrans as a free agent and also Tom Adeyemi, I''ve fared much better. But I''m leaning towards the drop zone in the second half of the season :P

Back to Football Manager. Any tips. I used NOrwich, altered training schedule slightly, but everything I tried meant i only ended up mid-table and got sacked after two seasons! Every player i touched was crap in the transfer market too! Maybe i need to learn more about football! any tactical tips on that game cos I was awful then didnt play again! Seemed that i''d have a run of 10 or so good games then fall away and only way to get a win after was to alter formation which would then after two or three wins send team into free fall!

Hey Superflash, I got a similar error to you on one of my games. Travelled around the leagues a bit to level up my pro, came back to England with Darlington... who for some reason have a debt of just over £2.1 billion. First thing I thought was ''I''m going to have to sell a few players'' [:|]

To anyone that having trouble signing players, try taking them off your transfer shortlist. Worked a treat for me.

[quote user="singing canary"]prefer pro-evolution to be honest , the game just plays so much better.

pity it don''t have the licence to have the full English league .[/quote]Agreed.I bought PES 2010 the other day for £20, been playing it online and didn''t win any of my first 17 games [:$]

play as real Madrid ,benzema can shoot from anywhere ,

been playing master league with them ,they have so much pace with ronaldo and kaka .

keep practising ..it does take time but you find your game will keep improving , i have had all of them since they started 10 years ago , i don''t think Fifa comes close to be honest .

it is a quality game

I''ve won four of my last seven online so getting better [Y]Sometimes it lags unbearably though.  It''s about a second behind what button I press so at times it''s pretty much impossible to play it properly.  Most of the time it''s fine though.Been playing as Barcelona quite a lot.  Tried the Champions League and got through to the second round without any fuss on the second-highest difficulty level.Used to play as Brazil loads in 2009 but they don''t seem quite as good in this one.

good call ..!!!

agree with on-line ,i stopped playing it on-line purely for that reason .

But the master league is good as it has the European cup in it ,i like the transfer system in it ,you do get a feel its your own team .

this is far better than 2009 ,but worth a look at the clips of the new one ,out i think in September its on you-tube

[quote user="singing canary"]raiding the Brazilian under 21s and Romanian youngsters...generally works..!!![/quote]

.....and if you pay them each a fiver a week, they''ll make you some scarfs and footy shirts to sell for 40 quid a pop. [;)]