Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Thanks Ginger Pele.

On the offy site that he''s off.

Been a good player for us and his performances this year have helped us win the league.

All the best Pele. You''ll always get a clap from me if you ever line up against us.

Got to admire him for the loyalty he has shown and I wish him well, Lambert obviously doesn''t think he''s good enough for the championship.

Did good this season, but will never forgive him for his performances last season, Absolutely woeful.

More upset about cureton going.

Hopefully lambert has someone lined up to replace doc or is he gonna start with whitbread and nelson?

I don''t see how anyone can be shocked that doc is leaving, done very well for us this year in League 1 but has been part of a defence that was woeful for the previous 3 years in the championship. Good luck doc and well done Paul Lambert.

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]Kiwi.... seriously?[/quote]Yeah, Doc is good at this level and has been good this season but he is unfortunately not good enough in the championship.

Thanks Gary. You may not be the best defender in the world, but you are one of the most hard working. One of very few from the last six seasons who I would openly welcome back to Carrow Road.

hes a bit unlucky to be released i think never mind eh cheers for your efforts doc and good luck for the future

So.... I guess all the people who doubted his ability have been proved right?This isnt the time for petty points scoring though. Good luck Doc in whatever you do next in life [Y]

[quote user="CT "]So.... I guess all the people who doubted his ability have been proved right?This isnt the time for petty points scoring though. Good luck Doc in whatever you do next in life [Y]

[/quote]How have they been proved right? Because Lambert released him?All I know is that he''s played well this season and if anything proved them wrong.

For me a good move by Lambert depending on who else he brings in, Doc must be one of the best  paid players at the club and Lambert probably feels he can get better value for money elsewhere.

Performed well this season but lets not forget this was a poor league, struggled for a number of seasons in the championship IMO.

All the best though Doc & thakyou for your contribution this season............... 

Garry''s a good friend of my brother and he has always seemed to want to stay here and complete the job of taking us back to where we should be. He''s bought a car off me before too, top lad.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Gary Doherty:
Player of the Season 2005-6
3rd place PotS 2008-9
3rd place PotS 2009-10

Thanks Doc, good luck.

[/quote]

And four (I think) penalties given away in 200+ appearances.

Very disappointed and surprised by this, having looked like he was on his way out in September, he made himself first-choice again with some excellent performances, only to find that he''s, er, on his way out.

Hopefully Lambert has someone better lined up to replace him and/or Whitbread will come good with full fitness and a proper pre-season.  He hasn''t done much wrong yet so we''ll have to wait and see - time will tell if this was the right thing to do or not.

Best of luck Doc - a very good servant and consistently decent performer in spite of all the ridiculous flak he''s taken on here over the years.  But I hope he has a shocker against us next year should he end up in the Championship...!

Good Luck Doc. Well and truly won me over this season ... poor league or not.

I''m shocked that Doherty''s been released! A player who has been in the first team all season just released at the end of the season after winning the title - very suprising!

But as others have said, I guess it must be a money issue. Doc is probably on big money, and we need to put that money to use in other positions. And it probably also suggests that Whitbread will be first team next season.

Hope this doesn''t come back to bite Lambert on the ass, our best centre half in my opinion and with Whitbread permanently injured we need to bring in another but can we do that without spending the same sort of money it would have cost to keep the Doc, i''m not so sure

This is the first thing Lambert has done which really concerns me. He either believes that Askou, Spillane, Whitbread and Nelson can do the job for next season or that he has a new centre half in line. Shades of Malky Mackay in 03/04 about this. A really big call by Lambert. I hope he is right.

Didn''t see this one coming, can''t quite understand the decision really but Lambert must know what he is doing.Good luck Gary.

Haven''t got a bad word to say about the guy. Done a great job for us and I will always wish him well.

Hopefully the manager has got something lined up because I think, the way it stands at the moment, without Doherty I''d be very worried about our defensive options going into the Championship.

Welcome to the leaner, meaner NCFC of Paul Lambert and David McNasty.Always defended the Doc but you have to commend all parties for not hanging around don''t you? So different to years gone by. Anyhoo… good luck Doc. Shall miss bumping into you down at Whiltlingham Broad on the dog walking route (note: that was dog walking NOT dogging route!)

Think its pobably because of his wages to be honest.

Having said that if Doc is going, and Nelson is staying I would be a tad worried............

Cheers for showing you had the guts to fight for your place this season Doc.....

Brilliant news for me... Lambert knows what he is doing!

Brave decisions like this remind me of how Lambert initially came in and changed lots of things that the majority of our fans wouldn''t last August.

Lambert is obviously as confident as I am that he can bring in a centre half who is at least as good, if not better and another squad player for the kind of money the Doc was on.

I think that defensively (excluding his distribution skills) Nelson has been our best centre half since Christmas.

I breathe a huge sigh of relief on this one. O am not going to wish the Doc good luck, but hope that he can find another team at a similar level and do appreciate the part he had to play in our success this season.

Lambert is obviously as confident as I am that he can bring in a centre half who is at least as good, if not better and another squad player for the kind of money the Doc was on.

I agree with this Smudger, but hopefully 2 new centre halfs.....No offence to Nelson he came in and done a job, but we cant play people out of loyalty....I fear Nelson would be ripped apart in the Championship and Jens is untested.....