Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

Nelson..?

i have to admit, am a bit surprised the doc has been released , maybe the last season he has had in the championship has not filled Lambert with confidence ,despite having such a good season this term .

to start with ,i was not confident on Nelson.the reason being he seemed slow and would not cut the mustard at a higher level .

saying that,his form has improved vastly over the last few games of the season .

is he good enough ...?

He is unproven at championship level.

So we will have to wait and see.

But there are far worse defenders than nelson in the championship.

Nelson will be back up, the release of the Doc will for certain mean a replacement or 2 coming in with either experience at either Championship level or some talent that no-one is aware of, League 1, foreign import.

I quite liked Leon Legge at Brentford, young, athletic and built like a tank.

[quote user="singing canary"]is he good enough ...?[/quote]

In a nut shell, no!

Doherty was better than him and Doherty is absolutely hopeless in the Championship!

[quote user="singing canary"]i have to admit, am a bit surprised the doc has been released , maybe the last season he has had in the championship has not filled Lambert with confidence ,despite having such a good season this term . to start with ,i was not confident on Nelson.the reason being he seemed slow and would not cut the mustard at a higher level . saying that,his form has improved vastly over the last few games of the season . is he good enough ...?[/quote]

I think circumstances have dictated Doherty being released as much as anything. Nelson is one less money (I would guess) and of course has one more year left on his deal.

And if we''re being honest, no worse than the Doc. Anyone who says he isn''t needs to think back over the last season. Nelson has proven he has all the attributes the Doc has - probably on a third or less of the wage as well.