Sign in to follow this  
RichT - The Biscuit

Lambert or The Doc

All this fuss about the Doc not getting a new contract raises one simple question.

Would you rather have Lambert as manager making decisions that he thinks is right or the Doc back in the side

Lambert wins every day of the week for me!

We don''t even know who''s decision it was, it could have been Docs decision.

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]All this fuss about the Doc not getting a new contract raises one simple question.

Would you rather have Lambert as manager making decisions that he thinks is right or the Doc back in the side

Lambert wins every day of the week for me![/quote]I want Lambert as manager but that doesn''t mean I agree with all his decisions and I think he''s made a mistake in letting Doherty go.

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Exactly, I''m trying to make a point to all of those that think that Doc not getting a new contract and being released is a bad decision by the club, ie Lambert![/quote]I think it is a bad decision and I''m not going to have my mind changed by someone with a biscuit for an avatar.

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Nelson and Lambert + New Signing easily but I''m not sure I can agree with a banana being a biscuit![/quote]

It all depends on who lmabert brings in. He needs to get the defence sorted by the end of this month so they can gell or we will get punished.

the striker force will stay the same and the midfield will do to i think.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]All this fuss about the Doc not getting a new contract raises one simple question. Would you rather have Lambert as manager making decisions that he thinks is right or the Doc back in the side Lambert wins every day of the week for me![/quote]

I want Lambert as manager but that doesn''t mean I agree with all his decisions and I think he''s made a mistake in letting Doherty go.

[/quote]

For me you can draw a lot of comparisons here with the Malky Mackay situation. In essence the intial decision wasn''t a bad one. Mackay would have had serious limitations at a higher level much like Doherty struggled in the championship last season. What determines whether it was the right decision though is the calibre of replacement that comes in. Simon Charlton was a step down from Malky for me hence it was a poor decision.

Lambert intended to **** him off months ago, so why the surprise?  The number of people who thought he was crap in the Championship was endless.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Lambert cause he gets the best out of the players at his disposal!

But I can''t help but thinking hes made a poor decision to release one of our clubs best players!

[/quote]As long as the Doc could be counted as one of our better players we were going to be in trouble in the Championship.He means well but is not a good player above league one. I am worried about Nelson and Jens too.

We don''t even know who''s decision it was, it could have been Docs decision. - Harry

So you think maybe Doherty told Lambert to not offer him a new contract? Why on Earth would he do that?????

I think a few people need to think with their heads and not hearts on the Doc. He was a decent League 1 player but not good enough for a push on the top 6 in the CCC. He was part of a relegated team twice and prob the highest earner at the club. I feel for the player but this happens in football. Our previous few seasons in the CCC show that the old guard were not good enough and we need to be moving forward not standing still or we will be back in league1.

Ok ... had a sleep on this.A lot of people, including myself, are disappointed to see the Doc go. Maybe Rusty is off too, only time will tell on that score. Can anyone remember sitting in the stands at Carrow Road as the Line up vs Wycombe was announced. At the time i thought ... my god this bloke Lambert has balls. Can''t help thinking that both Mcnally and Lambert are bringing a new way of thinking to Norwich. I, for one, have faith.So Goodbye Doc. Sad to see you go. But thanks for the years of commitment, heart in the mouth moments and the occasional face-palm [;)].Good luck for the rest of your career, its been mostly a pleasure [Y]

And most critizised lambert for bringing back the doc into the side last season!! ...I TRUST HIM WITH HIS EXTENSIVE FOOTYBALL KNOWLEDGE  MORE THAN AHEM POSTERS ON HERE!!! ...though love you doc,and thanks for giving us at least one consistant season mate

[quote user="JF"]I think a few people need to think with their heads and not hearts on the Doc. He was a decent League 1 player but not good enough for a push on the top 6 in the CCC. He was part of a relegated team twice and prob the highest earner at the club. I feel for the player but this happens in football. Our previous few seasons in the CCC show that the old guard were not good enough and we need to be moving forward not standing still or we will be back in league1.[/quote]

spot on