Sign in to follow this  
chub

matt gill

Did anyone else think Matt Gill was acting a bit of a TW*T on the bus?

If Gill was taking the piss out of the crowds that had come to see the parade he should be kicked out the club. He''s a average league 2 player at best and should be counting his lucky stars that we had an inept previous manager who not only signed him but then made him vice captain! He has contributed f*ck all to us winning the league. Typical arrogant footballer who thinks he is better than he is.

Apart from the games where he stood in for Russel and showed he could play a holding role well. He didn''t have the drive going forwards but he was solid enough.

"Typical arrogant footballer who thinks he is better than he is." - seriously you have no idea do you! He has spent much of the season warming the bench and we havent really seen enough of him while properly fit to know if he will be good enough. Besides, he has never spat his dummy out at playing a bit part this season so why the hell slate him?He IS a local lad so almost definitely knew some people in the crowd - do you not for one moment think it is possible he was taking the p*ss out of some people he knew rather than the "crowds that had come to see the parade". You seriously are so far up yourself you dont realise what a prat you are being Dog!

[quote user="Ruuuuuuuuuuelllllllllllll"]"Typical arrogant footballer who thinks he is better than he is." - seriously you have no idea do you! He has spent much of the season warming the bench and we havent really seen enough of him while properly fit to know if he will be good enough. Besides, he has never spat his dummy out at playing a bit part this season so why the hell slate him?

He IS a local lad so almost definitely knew some people in the crowd - do you not for one moment think it is possible he was taking the p*ss out of some people he knew rather than the "crowds that had come to see the parade". You seriously are so far up yourself you dont realise what a prat you are being Dog!
[/quote]

What he said.

[quote user="The Dog"]Sorry you know best! Obviously your word is gospel so I apologies profusely.[/quote]well were have you got the idea he was vice-captain from? i don''t remember that....And he doesn have family in Norwich, i know that for a fact......

He was one of them interviewed at the Castle. said he grew up a City fan watching Cully & Crook and the parade was a dream come true. Just words I know but came across genuine.

Also he is a bit of a joker. At the PFA awards he was on tele behind Joe Hart with a sort of Groucho Marks disguise, apparentley one of about 10 he had with him & kept changing

Gunn made him and Nelson joint vice captains with Doc as captain. This obviously went out the window as soon as Lambo arrived.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"NEARLY AS BAD AS MCVEIGH, ON HIS PISSIN MOBILE PHONE.... RUDE C**T" And no hint of irony![/quote]

Probably his agent trying to get him a move back to Luton....

The 2 that stood out for me on the bus were Gill and Super Chrissy Martin.

Both looked "tipsy" and really pleased. They are both City fans. I don''t think they were acting as twats, just enjoying themselves.

Good on them!

[quote user="Ruuuuuuuuuuelllllllllllll"]"Typical arrogant footballer who thinks he is better than he is." - seriously you have no idea do you! He has spent much of the season warming the bench and we havent really seen enough of him while properly fit to know if he will be good enough. Besides, he has never spat his dummy out at playing a bit part this season so why the hell slate him?He IS a local lad so almost definitely knew some people in the crowd - do you not for one moment think it is possible he was taking the p*ss out of some people he knew rather than the "crowds that had come to see the parade". You seriously are so far up yourself you dont realise what a prat you are being Dog![/quote]

He had an excellent game at Bristol Rovers. very composed in tight situations. tackled well and good distribution.

http://norwichcity.footballunited.com/2009/07/27/captain-doc-to-lead-troops-into-battle/

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]God forbid a player having a sense of humour and enjoying a night of celebration.

[/quote]It just isn''t on.  Who do they think they are?

[quote user="The Dog"]http://norwichcity.footballunited.com/2009/07/27/captain-doc-to-lead-troops-into-battle/[/quote]Love your effort at clinging onto 1 aspect of your argument you know hasn''t made you look like a complete tool.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]God forbid a player having a sense of humour and enjoying a night of celebration.

[/quote]

It just isn''t on.  Who do they think they are?
[/quote]

I mean, it''s not like they won anything.....

Hahahahahaha. How incredibly lame can you get? This really does hit new heights ... A player should now be kicked out of the club for celebrating winning the title. Oh dear ... Actually, come to think about it, you''re right. He should have stood, upright, hands by his side, with a serious look on his face. How dare he! TERMINATE HIS CONTRACT IMMEDIATELY OR I WILL BOYCOTT NEXT SEASON!

Now, seriously. Gill was taking the mick out of somebody he clearly knew, as I''m sure most of us do to our friends. Secondly, he was having a great time and considering he has been a bit-part player at times - I think he did incredibly well to join in the celebrations so much. Infact, me and my friends saw them getting off the bus and going into a party at carrow road, and Gill (though a little drunk) told us to try and get in! It wasn''t going to work, but top man all the same for not just ignoring the fans like he so easily could have.

On another note, Lambert is a top guy who stopped to have a chat with us, and when we admitted we struggle to understand his accent, he just gave it back to us and said he does to us aswell! Thought he was an extremely top bloke! Also, Fraser Forster didn''t give us any insight into whether he would stay, as all he said was ''It''s not up to me mate ...''

[quote user="Superflash"]Didn''t come across like he was being arrogant at all, just enjoying some banter with the crowd![/quote]Local lad, always been a Norwich fan...as he himself said ..dream come true.  Also known to be a bit of a clown around the club that even makes Lambo laugh so whoever is criticising the bloke needs to get some sort of reality check.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="The Dog"]Sorry you know best! Obviously your word is gospel so I apologies profusely.[/quote]
well were have you got the idea he was vice-captain from? i don''t remember that....

And he doesn have family in Norwich, i know that for a fact......
[/quote]

Of course he has family in Norwich, his brother has been running a tennis club and playing local football in Norfolk for years. Matt has MANY friends and family in Norwich, a business in Norwich, and a house in Norwich.

Not to mention he played for local footy teams like catton and taverham and pass soccer from the age of 8 or 9!!!!

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="The Dog"]Sorry you know best! Obviously your word is gospel so I apologies profusely.[/quote]well were have you got the idea he was vice-captain from? i don''t remember that....And he doesn have family in Norwich, i know that for a fact......[/quote]

Yes he does, his dad owns a tennis centre out near hunstanton! so he is clearly a local lad!

Calm down calm down. In love the way you lot all jump on the band wagon and get carried away trying to put the boot in. Strength in numbers hey!

I simply said in my initial post that if Gill was taking the piss out of people who had come to watch the parade then he should be kicked out the club. I was not saying that I saw him taking the piss as I was not at the parade and I there is a huge difference between taking the mickey out of people you know and taking the piss out of people you have never met before who have simply turned up to see the parade. I was obviously not referring to him getting kicked out for taking the mickey out of a friend, I would have thought that people like yourselves of such high intellect would have realised this.

With regards to him being a average league two player I stand by this. He passes the ball sideways and backwards and will not hurt sides. This is obviously down to peoples footballing opinion!

With regards to my comments about arrogent footballers I again stand by this as the majority of footballers are arrogent, it is part of want makes them professional sports men I believe. I also think years in dressing rooms surrounded by fellow cocksure lads earning better than average money helps enhance the arrogent them and us attitude a lot of players have towards fans. There will always be exceptions to this though.

I think it was Gill, who kept shouting "Holty, Holty!" and then pulling stupid faces at him........not sure for definte....whoever it was, was a right cock.