Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Big Thanks To Carlisle Fans!!!

Stayed behind and gave us a round of applause, good bit of banter with them during the game with them joining in the anti Leeds songs.....brought a good lot down for a nothing match......hat off to Carlisle fans....good support............wish them well for next season.

P.S....Thanks for the birth of Grant Holt in your lovely city!!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Stayed behind and gave us a round of applause, good bit of banter with them during the game with them joining in the anti Leeds songs.....brought a good lot down for a nothing match......hat off to Carlisle fans....good support............wish them well for next season. P.S....Thanks for the birth of Grant Holt in your lovely city!!![/quote]

2nd''ed.

I thought they were superb; great sportmanship and their team did really well too.

Who else has been trying to explain to younger supporters the relevance of ''Fanny Craddock''?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I thought they were superb; great sportmanship and their team did really well too.

Who else has been trying to explain to younger supporters the relevance of ''Fanny Craddock''?[/quote]She''s an old school tv cook.

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]Anyone see what the massive banner they had said?? My eyes aren''t what they used to be[/quote]

Something along the lines of We may not be Champions but at least we can cook .........

[quote user="mickey phelans tash"]

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]Anyone see what the massive banner they had said?? My eyes aren''t what they used to be[/quote]

Something along the lines of We may not be Champions but at least we can cook .........

[/quote]Risotto

Loved it when they joined in with "we all hate leeds scum"....brilliant fans....and gave us a good aplause as did their players.....good to see in this day and age.

I agree with that completely. [Y]However on the way to the ground, I saw a very unhappy Carlisle fan at seeing the £5 A4 sized programme, and even questionned if it was the matchday programme. Understandable I suppose.Never the less, great lot of supporters. [Y]

[quote user="mickey phelans tash"]

[/quote]Side 1 We''re not champions but we can cook risottoSide 2 There''s only one Fanny CraddockThought Carlisle fans were brilliant throughout. Good to see so many stay for the presentation and applaud the various trophy winners before ko as well.

Exactly WITS...one of the best bunch of fans we have had here....probably last ones were Stockport...already relegated and we had to win and hope Burnley didnt to make the play offs...Stockport cheered us on throughout the game...obviously the Burnley - stockport rivalry....but I think the Carlisle fans topped that.....very impressed with the ammount they brought down....how many fans would you guess at???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Exactly WITS...one of the best bunch of fans we have had here....probably last ones were Stockport...already relegated and we had to win and hope Burnley didnt to make the play offs...Stockport cheered us on throughout the game...obviously the Burnley - stockport rivalry....but I think the Carlisle fans topped that.....very impressed with the ammount they brought down....how many fans would you guess at???[/quote]I heard they were bringing about 850, but it did seem like there were a lot of them there.

I’ll add my 2p on this one, I’d suggest they are the best set of supporters I can ever remember coming to FCR and are an absolute credit to their club.  Good luck to them next season and I will certainly keep an eye out for their results

for singing or there would have been no noise inside the ground. I''m sure there were times today when I could hear the raindrops hitting the river and I was in the Barclay.

I''m a Carlisle United fan who stumbled over this forum on Google and I thought I''d write to thank you for the comments on Carlisle''s supporters. We aren''t a huge club but we have an amazing set of fans especially for a team who have probably further to travel every season than and other football league team. It was a good end to our first midtable finish in about 9 years and I would like to wish Norwich good luck for next season and I hope Grant Holt can step up to Championship football, though I still can''t believe how many times Carlisle have missed out on signing one of the best footballers the city has produced for some time.

Welcome CUFC and thanks for your comments.

Best wishes for next season and thanks for Holty, who I believe does go to the odd CUFC home game.

Thanks CUFC, good luck next season, you play good football and your fans are fantastic......hopefullyplay you again soon....though in the championship and not League One.....best of luck and thanks.

The Carlisle fans were good & we obviously share a dislike for ''Dirty Leeds''. Also I would like to note their players seemed a little surprised at the standing ovation they got from our fans when leaving the pitch.

[quote user="CUFC Skilli"]I''m a Carlisle United fan who stumbled over this forum on Google and I thought I''d write to thank you for the comments on Carlisle''s supporters. We aren''t a huge club but we have an amazing set of fans especially for a team who have probably further to travel every season than and other football league team. It was a good end to our first midtable finish in about 9 years and I would like to wish Norwich good luck for next season and I hope Grant Holt can step up to Championship football, though I still can''t believe how many times Carlisle have missed out on signing one of the best footballers the city has produced for some time.[/quote]

No the thanks really do go to your supporters, they are a credit to the club.  Only wish you were up with us into the CCC, maybe in the not too distant future the two sets of supporters will meet again.  Massive good luck to you for next season [:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I thought they were superb; great sportmanship and their team did really well too. Who else has been trying to explain to younger supporters the relevance of ''Fanny Craddock''?[/quote]

She''s an old school tv cook.
[/quote]

Grange hill?

I think the whole footballling world has a hatred for ''Dirty Leeds'' though they did bring the world super Ian Harte (Carlisle''s top goal scorer this season with 18 goals from center back). Perhaps we will be challenging for promotion next season, you never know with Carlisle we seem to always be switching between challenging for promotion and battling against relegation, makes us interesting to watch though.