Sign in to follow this  
lordyfan

robert green

according to some reports, he could be on the way out from west ham. Would you want him back?, Would he be worth the transfer/wages?, or, like me, fraser is the better option

How on earth could we afford to buy Robert Green?I would love him back, but he would take up the next 5 seasons transfer budgets....

[quote user="tom1902"]green wants to return to us before he retires

but not yet[/quote]Sorry, we don''t do "players past their best looking for a final, easy payday" any more!

if we had the money ,of which simply is not going to be the case . i would find it hard no to want a premiership quality keeper who is now heading to Africa with his country ...

without a doubt yes

[quote user="morty"][quote user="tom1902"]green wants to return to us before he retires but not yet[/quote]

Sorry, we don''t do "players past their best looking for a final, easy payday" any more!
[/quote]

why would he come to us anyway?!??!

what are people thinking?! He''s obviously not going to come to Norwich, he''s a top ten Prem player!!

To just halt the bandwagon here a minute, to be fair to the OP it was a hypothetical question.

Sorry, we don''t do "players past their best looking for a final, easy payday" any more!

Thats how I see things. A lot of players say "I want to finsih my career back at so and so", dont need players, who are past it {i dont mean Green is past it, but obviously he would be on the slide when he wants to return} but want one final hurrah at "their" club.

[quote user="singing canary"]he has plenty of years left in him yet , if he was 35 and behind the sticks i would be happy . for the reason... he is a quality keeper.[/quote]

I''m sure you''d be even happier if he was between the sticks! [:P]

More to the point he could go for £6m which should mean £400''000 coming are way soon.... nice

[quote user="Mike Grant"]More to the point he could go for £6m which should mean £400''000 coming are way soon.... nice[/quote]

Just what I was about to ask, Mike. £400k is a nice sum.

[quote user="Mike Grant"]More to the point he could go for £6m which should mean £400''000 coming are way soon.... nice[/quote]Our you sure?

[quote user="Mike Grant"]More to the point he could go for £6m which should mean £400''000 coming are way soon.... nice[/quote]

No it doesn''t! we waved any extra clauses in Greens transfer in the deal that brought us the great Peter Grant. We had a sell on for Ashton still but thats gone down the drain

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Well now we don''t have Doc''s wages to pay I guess we have money for the big targets...[/quote]

We dont have docs wages?! Have i missed something? havnt seen anything on message boards?