Sign in to follow this  
Crafty Canary

Elliott and Rose

Has there been any news on these two? I assume their loan agreements with us have ended as the season is over yet I haven''t seen any articles about Rose returning to Stockport and Elliott leaving as he has been released by PNE.

Have heard from a guy with no credible source and probably just making idle gossip that Rose is staying, Elliot is leaving.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Have heard from a guy with no credible source and probably just making idle gossip that Rose is staying, Elliot is leaving.[/quote]

I suspect that is the case.

I would let them both leave. Rose, despite his debut goal, was fairly useless and a bit of a weakness......Nelson and Rose had the poorest distribution in our side......cant see either improving enough for the championship....at the end of the day, this squad was built to do a job in League One...the done it...now we need a squad to do a job in The Championship...

Preston released Elliott....out of contract and wasnt offered a new deal..........dont want him here to be honest......apart from Huddersfiedl....what did he do for us???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Preston released Elliott....out of contract and wasnt offered a new deal..........dont want him here to be honest......apart from Huddersfiedl....what did he do for us???[/quote] even those two Huddersfield goals weren''t that good- even Curo cold have put them away!! [:D] actually...

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Preston released Elliott....out of contract and wasnt offered a new deal..........dont want him here to be honest......apart from Huddersfiedl....what did he do for us???[/quote]

Not a lot to be honest. But fair play those 2 goals at Huddersfield we''re crucial and you have to be in the right position to tuck them away. However you can''t justify signing off the back of one game when in the other 9 games he looked ordinary at best. The key question you need to ask is whether he is any better than the strikers we already have at the club like McDonald or Johnson. I don''t think so.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Preston released Elliott....out of contract and wasnt offered a new deal..........dont want him here to be honest......apart from Huddersfiedl....what did he do for us???[/quote]

Not a lot to be honest. But fair play those 2 goals at Huddersfield we''re crucial and you have to be in the right position to tuck them away. However you can''t justify signing off the back of one game when in the other 9 games he looked ordinary at best. The key question you need to ask is whether he is any better than the strikers we already have at the club like McDonald or Johnson. I don''t think so.

[/quote]

IMO definately not

Only one man has the answers to all these questions,In Lambert we trust.

[quote user="freddyf105"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Preston released Elliott....out of contract and wasnt offered a new deal..........dont want him here to be honest......apart from Huddersfiedl....what did he do for us???[/quote] even those two Huddersfield goals weren''t that good- even Curo cold have put them away!! [:D] actually...[/quote]

And I''ll have a pint of whatever you are drinking if you think barn door Jamie could have tucked them away

If Drury struggles with injuries or form next season I believe we would be very very exposed with Rose in the team. He may be outstanding in training, and not on a lot of money, but in games he hasn''t shown anything in League 1 to make me want to sign him permanently. I know it''s not up to me but that is my opinion.

It''s the same with Elliot in terms of not doing enough in League 1 to get another deal for league 1 let alone Championship. However, his position is not one that we are lacking options in at the moment.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]If Drury struggles with injuries or form next season I believe we would be very very exposed with Rose in the team. He may be outstanding in training, and not on a lot of money, but in games he hasn''t shown anything in League 1 to make me want to sign him permanently. I know it''s not up to me but that is my opinion.

It''s the same with Elliot in terms of not doing enough in League 1 to get another deal for league 1 let alone Championship. However, his position is not one that we are lacking options in at the moment.[/quote]Agreed. He was an ok league 1 back up, would rather see what Wiggins can do.