Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

bookies..?

i see last week bookies made city the stronger team over our rivals .

today i read bookies rate Newcastle for a top 10 finish in the premiership

surely this is a bit early to predict this, when players are now about to join and leave clubs .

how the hell do the work out odds on clubs when they have no idea who will be playing for them yet...?

a top 10 finish for a team promoted from the championship seems a bit optimistic to me .

Thier probably just covering them selves, if Newcastle fans go and put a loaf of money on them doing well, because there happy/confidant, they might as well help them along the way, plus if they say, oh Newcastle are rubbish, no way they can do any good, and put them at long odds, all these Newcastle supporters will be rich if newcastle finish 4th, at 100-1....(same for Norwich)So bookies estmate they will do qutie well, so they don''t lose money if they do well...(i guess anyway...)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Thier probably just covering them selves, if Newcastle fans go and put a loaf of money on them doing well, because there happy/confidant, they might as well help them along the way, plus if they say, oh Newcastle are rubbish, no way they can do any good, and put them at long odds, all these Newcastle supporters will be rich if newcastle finish 4th, at 100-1....(same for Norwich)So bookies estmate they will do qutie well, so they don''t lose money if they do well...(i guess anyway...)[/quote]I put two white Kingsmills and a Brown Hovis on us getting promoted to the Premiership just this morning............... [A]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Thier probably just covering them selves, if Newcastle fans go and put a loaf of money on them doing well, because there happy/confidant, they might as well help them along the way, plus if they say, oh Newcastle are rubbish, no way they can do any good, and put them at long odds, all these Newcastle supporters will be rich if newcastle finish 4th, at 100-1....(same for Norwich)So bookies estmate they will do qutie well, so they don''t lose money if they do well...(i guess anyway...)[/quote]I put two white Kingsmills and a Brown Hovis on us getting promoted to the Premiership just this morning............... [A] [/quote]That''s some serious bread you''re risking

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Thier probably just covering them selves, if Newcastle fans go and put a loaf of money on them doing well, because there happy/confidant, they might as well help them along the way, plus if they say, oh Newcastle are rubbish, no way they can do any good, and put them at long odds, all these Newcastle supporters will be rich if newcastle finish 4th, at 100-1....(same for Norwich)So bookies estmate they will do qutie well, so they don''t lose money if they do well...(i guess anyway...)[/quote]I put two white Kingsmills and a Brown Hovis on us getting promoted to the Premiership just this morning............... [A] [/quote]Your wheaty (witty) jokes are making me knead to hear more..

Guy''s

This will only be PROVEN when the (Raising) agents have done their bit! Use your LOAF, we could be TOAST by Christmas! L(Y)east we forget Peterborough who went STALE and only lasted a season! Having said that we could be on a ROLL and continue to RISE to the top shelf! Lets hope we continue on like a KNIFE THRU BUTTER so we BAGUETTE promotion. This would be really JAMMY!

ENOUGH?

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Thier probably just covering them selves, if Newcastle fans go and put a loaf of money on them doing well, because there happy/confidant, they might as well help them along the way, plus if they say, oh Newcastle are rubbish, no way they can do any good, and put them at long odds, all these Newcastle supporters will be rich if newcastle finish 4th, at 100-1....(same for Norwich)
So bookies estmate they will do qutie well, so they don''t lose money if they do well...
(i guess anyway...)
[/quote]

I put two white Kingsmills and a Brown Hovis on us getting promoted to the Premiership just this morning............... [A]
[/quote]

Your wheaty (witty) jokes are making me knead to hear more..

[/quote]

Well....we are on a [Bread] roll at the moment......

[quote user="Gingerpele"]ahh, i see it now [:P] should probably proof read my posts [:P]

[/quote]You missed an opportunity ''should probably ''prove'' read my posts''

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]I wonder which areas will bet the most money?

The North Yeast or Yeast Anglia?
[/quote]

oh my, someone''s having a shocker.