I cannot believe fans would slump to the depths of sending hate mail (EEN Headline) to Gary Holt even if it is a handfull of people this sort of behaviour is unacceptable.  What price loyalty & commitment Holty realises he is not the most gifted player but I feel so sorry for the guy who''s crime is to play at 130% every week.  I say to those cowards go & support someone else cause you don''t belong in a club like Norwich.  Lets get behind him next time he plays & let it be heard that we still appreciate his efforts.

Atrocious! 

If the story''s true we should find out who it was immediately and send them 32,000 letters (one each, plus 2,000 from DDiM) politely requesting they stop being complete and utter [Ipsbitch supporter]s.

Hear Hear. Its embarassing to think that there are fellow Canaries who would do such a thing. LOW LIFE SCUM.  They are not even fit to support ANY club, let alone us.

If this is the case i have to agree this is bang out of order. I happen to think he is not good enough to play in the premiership but the man does not deserve this. He is a realer 110% who deserves better than this after all his efforts for the club.

Stupid people writing stupid letters.They should be made to run around non-stop for 3 and a half years solid (like Gary Holt has) until they understand why no-one should ever victimise their own team.

I''m astounded and outraged! As you say the guy gives his all week in week out and I respet him for that effort.It not his fault that we expect more from him than he has the talent to delier or that he is picked by worthy.Do we know if it is from an irate city or scots fan though?OTBC

[quote]I cannot believe fans would slump to the depths of sending hate mail (EEN Headline) to Gary Holt even if it is a handfull of people this sort of behaviour is unacceptable. What price loyalty & co...[/quote]

I''m not condoning what people have done, but do you not think that perhaps the papers have sensationalised it a bit by calling it "hate mail". Now as I understand it "hate mail" would include threats etc and probably police involvement, I would class it more as "critic" mail. Letters criticising the performance of him and the team and that is what happens on this board all the time. It just so happens that these were sent to his address, he also said that he gets fan mail, but he never mentioned that last season when we were doing well.

As I said at the beginning I do not condone what people have done, but I do think that it has been blown up somewhat to help sell the magazine.

This can''t be true. That is an absolute disgrace. Holt is a 110% player and even if he has been below par this season its not for lack of trying. These are not real fans - simple as that.

Words fail me.  I feel so sick about hearing of this.  Perhaps I''m naive for thinking we were all better than that...clearly some of us are not.

Bizarre really, what do people hope to achieve by sending stuff like that. I bet they didn''t put their addresses on the letters...... Cowards............bet it''s just I*****h fans trying to stir things up!

Overblown Headline

As a footballer you have to expect a bit of stick every now and then. As long as the criticism is on Football issues then its ok. Plenty of people have commented about him on these boards this season.

From reading the article it sounds like the majority of fan mail he has recieved has been very complimentary (deservidly so) and the other stuff he correctly bins.

The booing is another issue and always makes me sad when we do that to our individual players (booing the whole team is ok).

On the forum:

Gary Holt isn''t good enough. He needs to be dropped.

Letter to Holt:

Your not good enough for the Premiership. You should be dropped.

Don''t tell me the letter had anything more than that in it. Hardly disgusting, disgraceful or shocking, now it is? (And no, i did not send Gary Holt any mail :rolleyes

Sending Garry Holt hate mail or even critical mail of any sort is in my opinion disgraceful. It is hardly likely that it would be productive in football terms. And in terms of the effort he has put in for the club however technically lacking his workrate has been exemplary and never in question. 

[quote]On the forum: Gary Holt isn''t good enough. He needs to be dropped. Letter to Holt: Your not good enough for the Premiership. You should be dropped. Don''t tell me the letter had anything more...[/quote]

phah, sound likes you know a lot about Holts mail.....!!!!!

Even if it did say what you said it might then it''s counter productive, however I would pressume it might be a little more personal and this is not acceptible.

As a Kilmarnock fan and (unfortunately a Scotland fan), I can assure you there is no Scotland fan I know of would send Gary hate mail.

All the international anger up here is directed at the management and SFA beaks, not the players.

On a Holty note, he is an utter legend up at Kilmarnock, and he loves us (as you will have noticed with the tattoo on his leg), so when youre finished with him can we have him back please???

P.S. I hope the earlier persons Jock comment wasnt meant to be Jock as in scottish as I really hope no one is that naive.

Cheers

[quote]On the forum: Gary Holt isn''t good enough. He needs to be dropped. Letter to Holt: Your not good enough for the Premiership. You should be dropped. Don''t tell me the letter had anything more...[/quote]

It''s still atrocious!  Should keep criticism inside the forums and out of their home lives - that''s stepping over the line. 

Though thanks to Meeky and yourself for lending some perspective. 

Re naivety: I meant Jock as in Scottish person, as not unreasonably after Gary Holt jostled, abused and spat at at an airport, by Scotland fans, after a Scotland game, i assumed it might be the same individuals involved with letter writing. OK?    

[quote]Bloody River Enders...[/quote]

The world has finally gone bloody mental!. Or rather, a few idiots have, although I wouldn''t say they were River Enders, Dom Jay.

Unless you know something we don''t!.

Whoever the Richard heads were, they should seek help....and quickly!!.

They''re bloody dangerous loonies in my book..

[quote]As a Kilmarnock fan and (unfortunately a Scotland fan), I can assure you there is no Scotland fan I know of would send Gary hate mail. All the international anger up here is directed at the managemen...[/quote]

KillieG,

Charlie''s dad was doubtless referring to sporty US college kids, the little squits - why can''t they leave Holty in peace.  Someone who names their nearest and dearest after the Auld Pretender isn''t going to be anti-Scottish.

I''d say aye tae a Killie pie