Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Matt Jackson's release

A theory I have is Worthy released him because he was on high wages,  had just hit the 30 something and believes we could get younger better value players else where.I just don''t buy the ''he fell out with the manager'' line, I''ve heard it all before.

why is that thread explaining why Doherty left sddenly gone, I''m not saying it was true but surelythere was no reason for sports desk pteto delete it. You better watch out silly sausage!

[quote user="freddyf105"]why is that thread explaining why Doherty left sddenly gone, I''m not saying it was true but surelythere was no reason for sports desk pteto delete it. You better watch out silly sausage![/quote]Why bring Doherty into it? I feel Jackson''s release wasn''t debated enough[;)]

[quote user="freddyf105"]why is that thread explaining why Doherty left sddenly gone, I''m not saying it was true but surelythere was no reason for sports desk pteto delete it. You better watch out silly sausage![/quote]Its been merged into the ''Gary Doherty released'' thread. Along with the other hundred or so!

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="freddyf105"]why is that thread explaining why Doherty left sddenly gone, I''m not saying it was true but surelythere was no reason for sports desk pteto delete it. You better watch out silly sausage![/quote]

Its been merged into the ''Gary Doherty released'' thread. Along with the other hundred or so!
[/quote]

Oh right!!

Jackson didn''t exactly fall out with Worthy on a personal level, but Worthy thought he was causing disharmony in the dressing room.  Jackson''s column in the matchday programme just about summed it up, in which he picked out individual team mates for ridicule to get a cheap laugh.  Some of it was funny, but he used to overstep the mark and I was surprised they printed some it.  Not long after Jackson''s departure I heard from a local sports journo that "He [Worthy] doesn''t like sarky bastards".

I know for a fact he once told the junior players they had a day off (for a joke) when they should have been in..... did not go down well with Worthy when some of them took him at his word.

A joker & big character but not the captain Worthy wanted. Doc going is different as maybe Lambert wants an organiser / shouter / motivator & Doc was not it (plus age, wages etc)

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Jackson didn''t exactly fall out with Worthy on a personal level, but Worthy thought he was causing disharmony in the dressing room.  Jackson''s column in the matchday programme just about summed it up, in which he picked out individual team mates for ridicule to get a cheap laugh.  Some of it was funny, but he used to overstep the mark and I was surprised they printed some it.  Not long after Jackson''s departure I heard from a local sports journo that "He [Worthy] doesn''t like sarky bastards".

[/quote]

I heard something similar along the lines of he often unsettled the younger players refusing to allow them to be his peers/equals. This made it quite difficult for Worthington to bring in younger players.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

I heard something similar along the lines of he often unsettled the younger players refusing to allow them to be his peers/equals. This made it quite difficult for Worthington to bring in younger players.

[/quote]

i have heard something similar tooo Matt.

I can remember Jacko demoralising Poor Darren Kenton every week after the smallest mistake. perhaps thats why Dazzler never hit the level he should have done?

I can remember flemmo telling Jacko to go forth and multiply as well one game! he wasnt here much longer after that. good riddance too. i thought Jackson was a t****r if im honest