Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

When are we formally promoted? 1st June?

What do you mean by formal promotion? We were promoted when the team in 3rd place could no longer overtake our points tally. We have also been presented with the League Trophy so that implies a degree of formal recognition.

If you take formal promotion to mean when does the BBC website get round to moving us from the League 1 page back to the Championship then they don''t make those changes until after all the play off games are over and done with.

I guess I would personally see it as formally recognised when next seasons fixtures come out and we appear in the Championship list.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]Does it matter?[/quote]

Yes.

OTBC

[/quote]Care to share why?

Because I want to check our news from the Championship section from now on.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]Does it matter?[/quote]

Yes.

OTBC

[/quote]Care to share why?[/quote][bly] My dear Morty, now that wouldn''t be very enigmatic would it ?   Still, 2-1 to you... [/bly]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

What do you mean by formal promotion? We were promoted when the team in 3rd place could no longer overtake our points tally. We have also been presented with the League Trophy so that implies a degree of formal recognition.

If you take formal promotion to mean when does the BBC website get round to moving us from the League 1 page back to the Championship then they don''t make those changes until after all the play off games are over and done with.

I guess I would personally see it as formally recognised when next seasons fixtures come out and we appear in the Championship list.

[/quote]

Take out your diaries (or your blackberries)

I''m told that the fixtures for next season will be isued at 10.00am on Thursday, 17th June 2010, and the first matches of next season will be played on Saturday, 7th August 2010.

[:D]

OTBC

[quote user="marrison89"]Because I want to check our news from the Championship section from now on.
[/quote]

Very close!!!

For me, I won''t have to scroll so far down the index on the Sporting Life site.

But more than that - we shall have the luxury of being on page one (again)!

[:D]

OTBC

[quote user="morty"]Was that the point of this?

Lol.
[/quote]

Since you don''t get it, maybe your time would be better spent updating your avatar.

Bit slow for a youngster aren''t you?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]Was that the point of this?Lol.[/quote]

Since you don''t get it, maybe your time would be better spent updating your avatar.

OTBC

[/quote]Why not just offer your information rather than try and create some kind of bizarre drama?It is a photo of a tee shirt I own, I have no need to update it thanks, I still own the tee shirt.[:|]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]Why not just offer your information rather than try and create some kind of bizarre drama?It is a photo of a tee shirt I own, I have no need to update it thanks, I still own the tee shirt.[:|][/quote]Yeah but I bet you never wear it in public in case it makes you rugby tackle a pedestrian  [{]

Also, are the fixtures really out that early Bly? 17 June seems a bit early to start looking forward to the season and planning the away trips :)

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Right  in the middle of the cricket season[/quote]I hope you know more about cricket than you do football Bly. Googling for cricketers from your era won''t be much help much as I rather doubt players like W G Grace had a website! [H]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]Why not just offer your information rather than try and create some kind of bizarre drama?It is a photo of a tee shirt I own, I have no need to update it thanks, I still own the tee shirt.[:|][/quote]Yeah but I bet you never wear it in public in case it makes you rugby tackle a pedestrian  [{][/quote][:D]