Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Danny Green - Dag & Red

Seems to have potential and probably the type of young player that we should be looking at. If we are to use a winger at times i feel we need a replacement for Mac Namee who imo looks to be an average league 1 player

I think he is a far more realistic target than some of the ridiculous suggestions on here, like Marlon Harewood, Jason Price, Lee Trundle etc. And the same type of player as Albert Adomah of Barnet, the young winger we were linked with previously.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I''ve not seen a lot of him but surely young, hungry players who are too good for the lower leagues is the way forward along side the experienced pro''s in Doherty, Russell & Holt.[/quote]

It''s the approach that brought us success back in the late 80''s and early 90''s

Sounds good to me, as mentioned previously I think this is the type of player we should be going for.

I cant see Green being knocked off theball easily at 6'' tall and 12st 8pounds (according to soccerbase).

He made 27 apps  scoring 4 goals for Bishop Stortford (source wikipedia)

and then  45 league starts and 1 sub app for Dagenham & R. this season, scoring 13 league goals.

BTW. he is a right winger.

Having read up on the lad a bit I think he''s worth a punt. Strong skillful and an eye for goal. Gives us the option to play with two out n out widemen next year with McNamee on the left.

I remember seeing him run rings around the opponents while at Bishops Stortford, he always stood out. He''s currently playing for Dagenham & Redbridge live on SS1 now, he''s set up two of their four goals, and does genuinely look as if he could play a part in a Championship team. His technical ability and control is second to none, and he has a throw that rivals that of Michael Rose.

Would be delighted if we signed this guy.

[quote user="Mushroom"]

I remember seeing him run rings around the opponents while at Bishops Stortford, he always stood out. He''s currently playing for Dagenham & Redbridge live on SS1 now, he''s set up two of their four goals, and does genuinely look as if he could play a part in a Championship team. His technical ability and control is second to none, and he has a throw that rivals that of Michael Rose.

Would be delighted if we signed this guy.

[/quote]I echo these sentiments, and also he seems too get back. One time he tracked right back shoulder barged the Morecambe player, got the ball & played a delightful ball over the top which nearly got them another goal!

Regarding Green and Dag & Red, it is now 6-0 to them, and still a good 20 mins left to play, their striker Scott has scored four, maybe we should get him too!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I''ve not seen a lot of him but surely young, hungry players who are too good for the lower leagues is the way forward along side the experienced pro''s in Doherty, Russell & Holt.
[/quote]

Shame 2 of those might not be here...

[quote user="Mushroom"]Regarding Green and Dag & Red, it is now 6-0 to them, and still a good 20 mins left to play, their striker Scott has scored four, maybe we should get him too![/quote]

And did you see greens throw ins? longer and harder than rose`s! Looked very tidy and strong and commentators liked him..Until today never really knew anything about him,then as soon as he took a throw in which went across the pen area to other side of the 6 yrd box where the forward wasted it by heading past post...

Played great against Morecambe in the 6-0 win today and has a massive long throw which could be a good weapon in the armourey!

He''s exactly the sort of person I want us to go for. Someone on the way up, proven at his level and hungry to show he can do it further up. Those sort of players are out there and we must be on the look out for them.

My guess is that he wouldn''t cost over £150k, I like Dag & Red but for selfish reasons if we were genuinely going to go for him (only speculative at this point) I''d rather them not go up so his value doesn''t go up with them.

[quote user="The Irish Messi"]Maybe that''s why we are playing Dagenham in a friendly.. Pre contract agreement?[/quote]Good shout. He looks like he''s got a good delivery on him too....I guess we shall see.

Of the clubs mentioned I''d expect we are in second place in terms of attractiveness. West Ham would be far more appealing as a league higher and right close to where he is now.

Lets hope they aren''t in for him.

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]He is exactly the type of player Lambert is after.[/quote]So are Sheffield United apparently.