Sign in to follow this  
Cov Canary

My season Summary.

I know all these posts have already come up, but i want to ad my summary to this last season.

My team of the year -

Fraser Forster

Adam Drury

Russel Martin

Gary Doherty

Michael Nelson

Wesley Hoolahoop

Simon Lappin

Korey Smith

Darel Russel

Chris Martin

Grant Holt

Player of the season -

1.Grant Holt

2.Gary Doherty

3.Fraser Forster

Young Player of the season -

1. Korey Smith

2. Chris Martin

3. Declan Rudd

Biggest Surpirse ( Players that have made a positive impact on me after some doubts)

1. Simon Lappin

2. Chris Martin

3. Michael Nelson

Any one agree or Disagree

martin as biggest suprise? im not sure about that.

I think people were doubting holt so was a bigger suprise. Korey smith was also such an important player this season. I think there are 3 or 4 players that could go ahead of crissy murtinnnn.

Personally i didnt think Martin wouold perfrom as well as he did. But yeah alot of people performed who i didnt beleive would.

I would argue Russell Martin at right back, probably Michael Spillane would be a better shout.

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]I would argue Russell Martin at right back, probably Michael Spillane would be a better shout.[/quote]

Why?

Martin played a lot more games than Spillane and did just as well if not better so why not. I''m getting sick of this illusion that Spillane will be the next big thing and I do not rate him very much, but  that''s just my opinion.

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]I would argue Russell Martin at right back, probably Michael Spillane would be a better shout.[/quote]

Why?

Martin played a lot more games than Spillane and did just as well if not better so why not. I''m getting sick of this illusion that Spillane will be the next big thing and I do not rate him very much, but  that''s just my opinion.

[/quote]

Martin covered well whilst Spillane was injured, but IN MY OPINION Spillane is the better player...he isn''t just the next big thing he is already better than him and I must stress IN MY OPINION.