Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Russell To Leeds

I see that he has had a big offer from Leeds. I really hope he stays but money talks. My Leeds supporting mate (you can''t hate them all) reckons they have been saving the money they got from the likes of Delph and those Chelsea kids for a massive assault on the championship this season. Looks like he might have been right.....

Source is pinkun

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED14%20May%202010%2017%3A18%3A51%3A827

Russell is another player like Doc for me, has had a very good season in league 1 but I don''t think he''s good enough for a team hoping to be pushing for a place in the top 6 of the Championship.

Average midfielder who doesn''t score anywhere near enough goals for someone who is supposed to be attacking. Bye Darel, thanks for your efforts. You''ll fit in well with the Dirty Leeds.

Come in Korey Smith, time to step up to the plate.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Russell is another player like Doc for me, has had a very good season in league 1 but I don''t think he''s good enough for a team hoping to be pushing for a place in the top 6 of the Championship. [/quote]Completely agree, I don''t think he was particularly impressive this season either.  A shame if he goes, but we can replace him with a much better player I am sure.

Another high earner that we could replace with a better cheaper option. If he stays fine if he goes thanks but you wont be missed.

I really want yo be disappointed about this but to be honest I like what Lamberts doing.

Russell has found his level this year in a new found role. He tailed off big time after Xmas and looked back to his average best.

I''d like him to stay in the squad as numbers are important.

But koreys best game was at the button of the diamond as was Hughes''s.

It''s a position that lambert is familiar with as it''s where he played, so no knee jerk reactions please peeps.

Saying that, he may sign the contract yet!

I wouldn''t say Hughes'' best game was as the base of the diamond, CUSDP, but I would agree with everything else. At the end of the day, Rusty is a decent enough player - but if he goes, he can be replaced.

He clearly believes Russell can do a job while Doherty can''t. Both have the issue of high wages. But there is a contract offer on the table for Rusty while there isn''t one for Doc. I can''t really blame Russell if he leaves though. As a much as I hate Leeds, Russell is 29 so the next deal he signs is possibly the last substantial one he will get. If Leeds are willing to offer him a longer deal on greatly improved wages then we can''t really argue. He entitled to some security.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I really want yo be disappointed about this but to be honest I like what Lamberts doing. Russell has found his level this year in a new found role. He tailed off big time after Xmas and looked back to his average best. I''d like him to stay in the squad as numbers are important. But koreys best game was at the button of the diamond as was Hughes''s. It''s a position that lambert is familiar with as it''s where he played, so no knee jerk reactions please peeps. Saying that, he may sign the contract yet![/quote]

I suspect that Lambert has Gill in mind for the Russell role if he goes.

like the doc ... always likely to get a card or sent off at championship level .

im not really too concerned to be honest ,i think the is better players in the championship .

I really don''t want him to go, he has been fantastic in the holding midfielder role and I would be more disappointed with him leaving then the Doc. He''s one of the players in the team we can build our team around.

[quote user="JF"]Another high earner that we could replace with a better cheaper option. If he stays fine if he goes thanks but you wont be missed.[/quote]My feelings exactly, I like Rusy, but if he rates himself higher than he is, he''ll find out the hard way.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Average midfielder who doesn''t score anywhere near enough goals for someone who is supposed to be attacking. Bye Darel, thanks for your efforts. You''ll fit in well with the Dirty Leeds.

[/quote]

Attacking midfielder? Did you watch us play this season Dr? I think not. Either that or your understanding of football systems in general is very poor.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Southend away The Googler. He was fanbloodytastic in that role. For me he''s gonna be huge next year. I prefer a passer at the base of the diamond anyway.[/quote]

Yep, i''m with you both there...Southend away was Hughes best game after the MKdons injury way back when...he run the show albeit against poor oposition. I beleive we have more to see of Hughes (although i though he look v.lightweight at home to the gills)

I still think he can do a job in the Championship,i''d rather it was with us than bloody dirty Leeds,the t***s that will come on here from Leeds forums will be unbearable.

[quote user="spencer 1970"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]

[/quote]

Attacking midfielder? Did you watch us play this season Dr? I think not. Either that or your understanding of football systems in general is very poor.

[/quote]

Exactly my thoughts mate. And to someone else saying he has found his level in a new role, is that possible? How do you know he will perform next season if nobody has seen him in this role? Hoolahan won''t be missed in that case, he was poor last season and has found his level in league 1 even though nobody has seen what he is like in CAM in the Championship.

I really don''t think Rusty is as good as people make out.. He gets booked near enough every game, his passing and general play in the 2nd half of the season has been terrible.. I think we could do better..

I dont like Russel, yes he was important in our League One winning season, but hes also one of the reasons we were in League One, Rates himself better than others do..........no loss for me.

You aren''t taking into consideration that last season he spent alot of the season playing upfront so not surprising he didn''t play to your standard and the amount of cards he gets, he got less than Holt and he gets alot of his cards taking one for the team playing in the role he does...

and he got the same amount of cards as Lappin and Martin...

Russells been one of our best players this season playing in a role that suits him!

Last season he was asked to play up front a lot of the time and then had a problem with Gunn, so I don''t think we saw the best of Russell during last seasons relegation!

Yes its questionable if Russells would be good enough for a top 6 side in the Championship but lets be logic, if Russell one of our best is doubtful then obviously players not as good as him would even less likely!

We shouldn''t get carried away with all the typical Norwich supporters pessimism. If the likes of Blackpool (how many of their side have you heard of?) and last seasons League 1 champs Leicester can make the play offs, then Norwich with a decent manager and good team spirit can also have a good go next season!

He needs to believe in his shooting ability more..then he would be a top championship player..Great tackler,reads game well,lacks movement at times when he couldve been pushing upfield to support frontmen,and often looks for the side pass when he could shoot..I think he has shot on him,but may not like the "ooooohs"from the crowd just in case it does fly wide..Needs to believe more..Would keep him for squad

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]And thirded...Will shine next year with more footballing sides to play against[/quote]

That was in response to canusitdown and the googleer saying hughsey caould be big for us next season

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

[/quote]

when he players just infornt of the back 4 in the diamond??

The season after he left us for Stoke we got promoted to the Prem, the season after he rejoined us from Stoke they got promoted to the Prem, hmmm let''s hope the pattern continues if he does go.

[quote user="Harry"]The season after he left us for Stoke we got promoted to the Prem, the season after he rejoined us from Stoke they got promoted to the Prem, hmmm let''s hope the pattern continues if he does go.
[/quote]

not going to happen. Who would we replae him with?