Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Could we get OTBC above Marching on together and finish above Leeds again?

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leedsunited/Leeds-United-Marching-On-Together.6284266.jp

If everyone downloaded the OTBC 1959 version off itunes or any other music site would it mean that it could have a chance of going to number 1?

Surely fans of the other 91 clubs (maybe exclude Ipswich) would buy it as a protest vote to stop Leeds getting number 1 as well if they were told about it on forums etc.

Surely Leeds fans won''t buy this as they''re real football fans and this sort of thing is sanitised nonsense that''s destroying the game....

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Surely Leeds fans won''t buy this as they''re real football fans and this sort of thing is sanitised nonsense that''s destroying the game....[/quote]

tell that to the people who have got it to 10th in the itunes chart [8-)]

You  are  joking  right ??  how could  any of the glory hunting  leeds fans that turn up at the "BIG GAMES games" sing these  words  and  mean them ?Here we go with Leeds United,

We''re gonna give the boys a hand,

Stand up and sing for Leeds united,

They are the greatest in the land,

na na na

Everyday, we''re al gonna say,

We love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!

Everywhere, we''re gonna be there,

We, love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!

Marching On Together!

We''re gonna see you win

na na na na na na

We are so proud,

We shout it out loud we love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!

We''ve been through it all together,

And we''ve had our ups and downs (UPS AND DOWNS!)

We''re gonna stay with you forever,

at least until the world stops going round

na na na

Everyday, we''re all gonna say we love you Leeds!Leeds!Leeds!

Everywhere, we''re gonna be there,

We, love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!

Marching On Together!

We''re gonna see you win

na na na na na na

We are so proud,

We shout it out loud we love you Leeds! Leeds! Leeds!

We are so proud, we shout it out Loud we love you LEEDS! LEEDS! LEEDS!

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leedsunited/Leeds-United-Marching-On-Together.6284266.jp If everyone downloaded the OTBC 1959 version off itunes or any other music site would it mean that it could have a chance of going to number 1? Surely fans of the other 91 clubs (maybe exclude Ipswich) would buy it as a protest vote to stop Leeds getting number 1 as well if they were told about it on forums etc.[/quote]

To be fair, do you think the other 91 will care?  Maybe Huddersfield and Bradford but I cant see the likes of Port Vale, Morcambe or Bournemouth having any issues with Leeds

Plus you''ll find the 200 Col Who fans that actually turn up to games might buy the Leeds song over ours

I''ve just purchased it, if everyone who was at the parade brought it we could get it to the top of the hit parade.

[quote user="diabolicalmastermind"]I think you''ll find Bournemouth fans HATE Leeds[/quote] Yh I saw that and thought ''hag on a sec!!'' I think you won''t find any fans who hate Leeds more than the Bournemouth lot after what they did several years ago...

[quote user="freddyf105"][quote user="diabolicalmastermind"]I think you''ll find Bournemouth fans HATE Leeds[/quote] Yh I saw that and thought ''hag on a sec!!'' I think you won''t find any fans who hate Leeds more than the Bournemouth lot after what they did several years ago...[/quote]just  came  across this site http://www.prideofmanchester.com/sport/mufc-songs-leeds.htm

Carlisle fans hate Leeds, I remember first game against them early in season. When we came out after winning all they were chanting was "we hate leeds scum"

You really are that bothered about Leeds.

Your tinpot little club/forum couldn''t organise a piss up at a brewery let alone get a song in the top 10.

Our little tinpot club can get out of League 1 at the first attempt and finish 9 points ahead of your little tinpot club.

Harry, you''ve missed the point. Caring about the 9 points is tinpot. Caring about having a song just because we have one is tinpot. Going on your open top bus parade last week is tinpot.

To ALL intents and purposes, you are a tin pot in Delia''s kitchen, underneath her wine cabinet.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Harry, you''ve missed the point. Caring about the 9 points is tinpot. Caring about having a song just because we have one is tinpot. Going on your open top bus parade last week is tinpot.

To ALL intents and purposes, you are a tin pot in Delia''s kitchen, underneath her wine cabinet.[/quote]Well, if we''re tinpot, what on god''s earth are you?We made a mockery of League One, and were better than every other team by a distance, and that includes your tinpot, good 40 years ago, above average 20 years ago and average 10 years ago, club.Almost a million mongs live in Leeds and you can only manage to get a few handful of fans extra, over the course of the season, than a team that is based in a city, with not even 150,000 inhabitants.Now that is rusty tinpot.[:D]

[quote user="batesout MOT"]You really are that bothered about Leeds. Your tinpot little club/forum couldn''t organise a piss up at a brewery let alone get a song in the top 10.[/quote]

Still here Master Bates?

Seems youre just as fascinated with our little tinpot club as you are with your own.  Personally I dont give a stuff if you end up at No 1 in the ITunes chart - it''ll just give everyone more of a chance to take the pee out of some of the morons that follow your club....

[quote user="batesout MOT"]If we were above average 20 years ago, the sum of your whole history has been vacant of any achievement worth noting.[/quote]

Of course we havent been Champions of Europe like you lot........

we are champions champions of europe, except for were not really.

At least we dont sing songs about glorys that never occured bates.

Well, this wasn''t the intention of this thread but it has certainly amused me, I think its more than a little hypocritical for someone with 110 posts on another clubs messageboard to come on here criticising about a thread which is about another club.

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Harry, you''ve missed the point. Caring about the 9 points is tinpot. Caring about having a song just because we have one is tinpot. Going on your open top bus parade last week is tinpot. To ALL intents and purposes, you are a tin pot in Delia''s kitchen, underneath her wine cabinet.[/quote]

Not as tinpot as constantly being on our forum and trying to score incredibly petty points - too thick to understand the irony of your own post [:D] Hahah, you thick whippet-sh***ing inbred [:D]    

I wonder if there race for number one will be like their league season, starts with blistering start then falls away only to just scrape into charts.

I agree by the way the Johnny Cleveland version is good.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leedsunited/Leeds-United-Marching-On-Together.6284266.jp If everyone downloaded the OTBC 1959 version off itunes or any other music site would it mean that it could have a chance of going to number 1? Surely fans of the other 91 clubs (maybe exclude Ipswich) would buy it as a protest vote to stop Leeds getting number 1 as well if they were told about it on forums etc.[/quote]

no basically lol.

good luck with this guys!

[quote user="batesout MOT"]Harry, you''ve missed the point. Caring about the 9 points is tinpot. Caring about having a song just because we have one is tinpot. Going on your open top bus parade last week is tinpot. To ALL intents and purposes, you are a tin pot in Delia''s kitchen, underneath her wine cabinet.[/quote]

this. i tried to reason with them :(

So what you Leeds fans are saying is Norwich City are a tinpot club for having a parade and civic reception to celebrate winning Division 3 but Leeds (Champions of Europe) United fans downloading Marching on together to celebrate finishing second in Division 3 isn''t?[IMG]http://theinsanityreport.com/images/pot_kettle.jpg[/IMG]