Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

What's The Worst Miss You've Seen Involving Norwich?

[quote user="cityislife"]THIS ISNT INVOLVING NORWICH BUT TAKES SOME BEATING....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYOA4BXIqk[/quote]

Yes, the Rocky Baptiste miss is incredible.

Someone above mentioned a Chris Martin miss a few seasons ago. I think the one you are after may have been his miss in the FA Cup tie at home to Bury, after about 45 seconds into the game someone floats a cross in and Martin put a free header wide from about 6 yards.

2 seasons ago playing Stoke, 1-0 down in the stoppage time, we get a corner down the riverend, comes in, bit of a scramble, falls to Cureton, 4 yards out, pretty much an open goal, puts it wide!  I couldn''t believe it!

Also Crofts at QPR was hurrendous!

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

Lee Croft''s miss at QPR was a bit special. It was in the 3-3 draw when Martin Hunter was in charge for his only game.

[/quote]

Yes, this one for me too - from about a yard our POS (!) from last year managed to put it wide. I was sitting behind the Directors box where our new manager Peter Grant was sitting with Delia and as he walked past us at the end of the game I said that he might need to get Croft doing some finishing practice on the training field. He just smiled - probably realised already what a crap player Croft was.

[/quote]

My daughter was the away mascot for the game, and luckily for us we had tickets in middle of the front row of the upper tier so we had a perfect view (unfortunately!). I had my head in my hand as Croft shovelled it past the post aided by his 50p shaped foot.

My sister in law was also at Loftus Road that day – it was her only ever City game and even she was shocked at the miss. The only other game she has been to was a corporate do at Spurs.

And another strange thing about the day with Ann (my sister in law) occurred in the park before that game. Gemma and I had arrived at 1.30pm to be in the ground early as Gemma was on mascot duty so Ann took my younger daughter Amy to play in a local park. At around 2.15pm we let her know that we were in the dugouts and walking around the pitch so Ann and Amy started walking out of the park to the ground. I had lent Ann a green away shirt for the day, it was one of the Bruce Oldfield designed ones we wore around 1998 I think. I’ve not seen that many of these around. As they were walking out of the park to the ground another City supporter mentioned to Ann that he’d not seen that shirt for a while and she commented back along the lines of “us hard-core away fans own all these old shirts” and this supporter started talking about the games we had worn this green shirt. Ann had to keep up this pretence of being a City fan chatting to a couple who really were hard-core away fans on the way to the ground.

I’d struggle to recall the games we wore that green shirt, although Watford away was one of them.

I know this isnt  norwich  related but I  can remember Kanu for west  brom against middlesborough who missed  when he  was  on the  line, somehow he  scooped the  ball over the bar, and bryan robson was  seen on  tv  mouthing  something  and it  wasnt, "  oh well these  things  happen"  LOLI remember  giving the baggies  fans I worked  with a  lot  of stick over that one

I remember Shearer''s against us during the first 10 minutes at Carrow Road, anyone else remember it?I probably only do as it was him.

Gary Parker for Villa at Carrow Road in the Premier league when we finished 3rd. Shocking miss!

Late 80''s when live games used to be broadcast on ITV on a Sunday afternoon.

Spurs v City - Dean Colney ''sky kicked'' a tap in from 2 yards out. If my memory serves me correctly that was the last game that he played for us.

Mike Milligan''s penalty attempt at Bolton in the Carling Cup, December 1995.  It was so far over the bar they had to close Manchester Airport because of danger to low flying aircraft . . . [;)]

. . . we won the shoot out though cos Gunny saved 3 and got the matchball [Y]

[quote user="Jethro"]Gary Parker for Villa at Carrow Road in the Premier league when we finished 3rd. Shocking miss![/quote]

I really thought our name might be on the Premier League trophy when that happened. He did the hard work by rounding Bryan Gunn and then inexplicable shot wide of an empty net.