Sign in to follow this  
SUPER YELLOW CANARY

Re: The Doc is on his bike......

this is such a believeable story. if this was true who would lambert play the doc and askou rather than nelson and askou vs carlisle if they had a fall out?!?!

Not completely buying all of this, clearly he had sor sort of fall out with Lambert as he got dropped but like the last post pointed out, if he and Lambert weren''t getting on why would have he played in games once we were promoted or champions, that bit doesn''t make sense?

Also, on terms of his contract yes he took a drop but he was out of contract and got a new one for a year in League 1, so what did he expect, a payrise?!?!

First of all I''m not here to slate the doc, but maybe Lambert couldn''t see Doc doing well back in the championship? Do none of you remember his nickname for last season of "Donkey" Doherty? Admittedly he deserves the chance to return to the championship for his performances this season but I don''t think he will do well and just be slated through out the season.Cheers for your hard work the Doc :D

[quote user="lappinitup"]Oops! Sorry Bigfish. [:$][/quote]

No probs lappinitup........I''d have posted something similar myself[;)]

[quote user="BigFish"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Oops! Sorry Bigfish. [:$][/quote]

No probs lappinitup........I''d have posted something similar myself[;)]

[/quote]Best of luck Gary, wherever you end up [;)]

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

Can''t see that that fits myself. Sure players have behind the sceens fallouts with managers all the time but how many of them make up, play their guts out for three quarters of the season, get made captain, get promoted and then say I''m leaving becasue of a spat we had six months ago?

[/quote]

And any infighting at the time,with him being dropped as sligomurphy stated,wouldve got out somehow! You cant keep that sort of inspate quiet. like when hucks and worthy had row or last years shennanigans before lambert came

Great move by Lambert !Muffin proved that he was a great league one defender but clearly will not and can not cut it in the Championship.A liability and high earner gone :)That said, good luck Doc, you will be feared by league one and soon league two strikers for the remainder of your career.I hear Lowestoft Town are in need of a centre back ! You would be world class at that level :)

LOL the official EDP post might as well just be a quote tree from the forums.Pointless news story Argent , next time do some research so we get at least quater of a story rather than "fans" opinions.And nice to see that only pro Doc comments were used.Hes not called Donkey for nothing and I always saw the irony or at least slight sarcasm in the name "Ginger Pele"

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]LOL the official EDP post might as well just be a quote tree from the forums.Pointless news story Argent , next time do some research so we get at least quater of a story rather than "fans" opinions.And nice to see that only pro Doc comments were used.Hes not called Donkey for nothing and I always saw the irony or at least slight sarcasm in the name "Ginger Pele"[/quote]There was irony and sarcasm in the nickname "Ginger Pele"?[:|]

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Not completely buying all of this, clearly he had sor sort of fall out with Lambert as he got dropped but like the last post pointed out, if he and Lambert weren''t getting on why would have he played in games once we were promoted or champions, that bit doesn''t make sense? Also, on terms of his contract yes he took a drop but he was out of contract and got a new one for a year in League 1, so what did he expect, a payrise?!?![/quote]

He signed a new deal under Roeder.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]*snigger snigger*Maybe im just cynical mate ;)[/quote]This is terrible news. I honestly thought we were comparing him favourably with the greatest footballer who ever lived.[:(]

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]With every decision he makes I just think Lambert is more and more of a genius :D.[/quote]It doesn''t really take too much of a genius to realise that this was a decision that was necessary and always likely to be made.I would have certainly started to have had my doubts on the manager had a new contract been offered here.Still suprised to see at least one or two individuals in the squad, but I assume that Lambert feels that others are under contract and that he will get some intrest from clubs in Div 1 to take them on loan during the early part of the season.

[quote user="Smudger"]Still suprised to see at least one or two individuals in the squad[/quote]Name names then smudger!

Its proven that Doc is not a Champ performer. Last season we gave away countless daft goals from central striking positions and against anyone with pace he was prone to give away silly free kicks. Lambo is raising the bar in this squad and while sad that a familiar face has gone we need to move forward not stick with them for sentimental reasons. Good luck Doc, but well done Lambert.

At the start of Lambert''s reign at Carrow Road it looked like Doc''s days were numbered. He got fitter but not faster. Thankfully, League One strikers aren''t that hot and Doc got his place back - but probably always on borrowed time. This season he was, at times, great; at others a liability. Well done to Lambo for setting out his standards for next year from the very moment League One has finished. There is no room in the Championship campaign for players like Doc. He would be a disaster against the stronger teams, left to deploy the only option available to him when a player has got the better of him - bring him down. Well done Lambo - another bold but brilliant move and the bleeding hearts will soon heal if our defence is all the better next season because of it.

morty, what happened to your avatar? I thought you were going to keep it as is.

What I am wondering is who will be the new not-that-good player than fans glom onto and elevate to hero status despite nobody else in the country thinking he''s all that good.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]Still suprised to see at least one or two individuals in the squad[/quote]Name names then smudger![/quote]Gill and Tudor Jones for starters Lapp.I understand why they are still here though, as they are under contract and we are paying their wages until somebody decides that they would like to either buy them, take them on loan or their contracts expire.I know that we are probably looking to bring another midfielder or two in which means that these guys are likely to drop down the pecking order further than they were las season.I expect that one may be released during the course of the season with the other looking at a lengthy loan spell, unless we have a serious injury crisis?It''s still too early to say what will happen to those still under contract until Lambert has the majority of his own summer signings in the squad and they are back for pre-season training.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]It''s annoying when people drag up old threads........but who still thinks it was a mistake to release the Doc?!He''s not been missed![/quote]it''s not just annoying, it''s annoying and sad.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]A reminder of the days when pinkun could get 35 pages on a topic. Where has everyone gone?[/quote]

they are all on the Greenun signing the Keano must stay petition